It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I would not want to enter an armed guard compound unless its my own devotional community of bhaktas doing kirtan , worship, cooking vegetarin bush foods , sewing , flower arranging , gardening , schooling, celebrating the Lords Pastimes here .

Yoga groups are second best for me as I can learn yoga of them and do creative stuff like art and drumming , music and Kirtan .

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Because I am the last living person with the tools and recipe to make twinkies dead on Hostess.
BTW I will not be living in your compound just visiting every few weeks or so to trade a few twinkies for your guns, meat, water, Etc.

I has jedi twinkie skills!
Waves hand in a semi circular motion, "These are the Twinkies you are looking for".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia
I would not want to enter an armed guard compound unless its my own devotional community of bhaktas doing kirtan , worship, cooking vegetarin bush foods , sewing , flower arranging , gardening , schooling, celebrating the Lords Pastimes here .

Yoga groups are second best for me as I can learn yoga of them and do creative stuff like art and drumming , music and Kirtan .
You would not even survive the apocalypse. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Why would I want inside your sitting duck compound? I think I'll just avoid your little compound, maybe interrogate the folks that venture outside to try and learn what may have happened, and then I'll move on to my pre-arranged safe zones.

I have no desire to be locked behind the walls of a compound when the enemy troops, or aliens, or viruses start coming around in force.

What about the adage, "There's safety in numbers."?

The roads would be extremely perilous and even the heavily armed and dangerous have to sleep.

Also, people leaving the compound won't be unarmed or unprotected. You risk your life over your own ego?

Figuratively speaking, of course.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I am a master electrician by trade. I have worked in the mechanical business for 15 years. I have extensive knowledge in alternative power generation. I.e solarvoltaic, and wind generators. Also have a background in plumbing and heating.

I am a veteran and have a working knowledge of firearms and self defense.

I can weld, fabricate and build.

I have hunt and fished most of my life.

Does this gain me access to the compound or do I hit the road

link   

Originally posted by g146541
Because I am the last living person with the tools and recipe to make twinkies dead on Hostess.
BTW I will not be living in your compound just visiting every few weeks or so to trade a few twinkies for your guns, meat, water, Etc.

I has jedi twinkie skills!
Waves hand in a semi circular motion, "These are the Twinkies you are looking for".

WAIT.........Back the truck up,...........Did you say you know how to make twinkies???
I'm seriously considering taking you hostage or kidnapping.

Withholding these vital information is grounds for permanent dismissal. At least ( Proverbially speaking) show me how to fish...

link   
reply to post by graceunderpressurte

I know how to garden (grow food) and have Heirloom seeds to share and know how to can/preserve food. That would be the first thing I'd say and the next would be I have guns and ammo and know how to shoot and hunt. Let me in already....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm, like, a vibe-guy. I provide good vibes. Oh, and I can. like, play my guitar a little. And, umm, do you have any daughters?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

No ego. I believe the compound to be an easy target for aerial or space strikes. I believe the compound to be a harbinger of bacteria and virus. I believe the compound to be rampant with political strife and competing interests. I believe the compound to be a target of wandering souls and marauding groups of bandits.

Alone, I can survive, hide, choose my battles, and if I need something from within the compound, I can trade for it. I just don't want to be living in a bulls-eye apparent from an aerial view or well worn trails.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This makes the most sense to me, too. Think I'd like to be at sea, with a few trusted people making the occasional port stop, for trade...

edit on 7-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
im hot and that's it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I've got a Still in my Backpack and I know how to use it!

Fully trained in survival medicine, hunting, trapping.. and I can make a figure 4 that actually works

I can fix and or build any type of radio from salvaged parts and I have a complete understanding of solar power.

I also find passion in TEACHING my skills. I'm also a hell of a negotiator should we come across another encampment and need to trade/Barter...

-Mus

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I hear ya, I would so not want to live with a whole group of people I didn't know. Living in a compound sounds like punishment to me but I guess if I had a sick kid or loved one that needed medical care in a life or death situation, I'd probably sell my soul to save them. I do love my independence and privacy so it would be difficult for me.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

No ego. I believe the compound to be an easy target for aerial or space strikes. I believe the compound to be a harbinger of bacteria and virus. I believe the compound to be rampant with political strife and competing interests. I believe the compound to be a target of wandering souls and marauding groups of bandits.

Alone, I can survive, hide, choose my battles, and if I need something from within the compound, I can trade for it. I just don't want to be living in a bulls-eye apparent from an aerial view or well worn trails.

My sentiments exactly.
People will be drawn to this place like moths to a flame.
Hungry, pissed, and grizzled folks from all over are going to get word of this place and before long they are going to swarm it.

When that happens, no amount of guns and ammo will save the inner inhabitants from the wrath of the denied.
They will poor in and take everything, then fight among themselves at the paltry amount that was there to begin with. It will be hell.
edit on 7-10-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

There will be all sorts in a SHTF sit, but the ones who know how to fabricate the "BIG" vice items will be the best asset.
I gots lots of from scratch recipes for alot of things.
Sure wish I could figure out just which eleven herbs and spices and their percentages tho, I could be KING in a SHTF.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by snowen20

There will be all sorts in a SHTF sit, but the ones who know how to fabricate the "BIG" vice items will be the best asset.
I gots lots of from scratch recipes for alot of things.
Sure wish I could figure out just which eleven herbs and spices and their percentages tho, I could be KING in a SHTF.

If you wanna survive the apocalypses U2U me the recipe and instructions for those twinkies. You do that I will offer you protection from the brave new world. My resume is a few pages back...

I am living in a 3rd world country now and I miss them dearly.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Im a near expert in herbal medicines and living off the land.
I also went to culinary school and am an expert in nutriton.

That guard is screwed up if he doesn't take me in.

Im also only 18 in full physical condition.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

My sentiments exactly.
People will be drawn to this place like moths to a flame.
Hungry, pissed, and grizzled folks from all over are going to get word of this place and before long they are going to swarm it.

When that happens, no amount of guns and ammo will save the inner inhabitants from the wrath of the denied.
They will poor in and take everything, then fight among themselves at the paltry amount that was there to begin with. It will be hell.
edit on 7-10-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)
Not with the right combination of ninja-like residents that can kill silently without firearms, and EXPLOSIVES for when the hoards of undesirables come charging.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
First thought is that this is the perfect addition to personal 'profiles', not that the margin for truth would be very high...

Secondly, the 'compound gate' would only be the first level of security...

And finally, large groups would become the first targets in a post apocalyptic situation.

With Radiation, Bio-warfare, potential starvation, Spies as well as lowlives and parasites, admission would be only for a select few at best, but kindness will always be part of a good community, for instance when a woman and starving child pass by, give them something but keep them moving along.

Its not as if the compound gate would be easily accessible in the first place let alone visible to anyone who happens to wander by, and those who do will for the most part be ushered on.

As for the goodlooking survivors, well, everyone is going to be skinny, malnourished rapidly, no makeup and hygiene will be minimal... so better to make new members based not on 'looks' but on ability.

Fun thread, thanks...
edit on 7-10-2011 by antar because: n

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

What about the ICBM that spots your little compound from a satellite and is fired from a sea 800 miles away, and you don't even hear it coming? You got ninja skills for that?

edit on 7-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join