It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 53
<< 50  51  52   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I know, i'm sick

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Hey there, piotrburz, baddmove, whateva, and playswithmachines -- come on in, the door is wide open. The survival colony turned into a big, wild party a few pages back. Most probably, if TSHTF, we'd all be dead soon anyway from radiation, zombies, nuclear winter, hungry aliens, or an number of residual threats. Let's live it up!

Observation: I love the way this thread keeps coming back to life occasionally like a big ol' cockroach!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'd go in there jack bauer style, and take out all of your guards, then hold you hostage while I disarm the suitcase nukes, and tell the president that the whole crisis has been averted....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Could you make a fresh new one with a set scenario?

Ox

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
How about this..

I'm a former Marine Corps Officer.. Served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Studied Aikido from the age of 7 years old. MCMAP Training.
And you wouldn't believe some of the things in my BOB.

If you didn't let me in. Believe me when I tell you I'd find a way in

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by novuslibertas

Hmm...that's an intriguing idea. Mulling it over.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure

Originally posted by novuslibertas

Hmm...that's an intriguing idea. Mulling it over.

Ohhh role play ... nice

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I have a degree in electrical engineering, strong background in wilderness survival, math, english, physics, psychology, and fixing anything that breaks. I'm a critical thinker with experience with: firearms, archery equipment, remote and/or sensor module explosives, hammer and nails, and I believe in the greater good of humanity.

Would you pass up someone with such experience? How would you know I'm not lying?

How would you convince me to come in? How do I know that you're community is not a group of raiders whose favorite pastimes are torture and murder? How do I know you're not lying?

edit on 17-1-2012 by Kappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My initial response would be:

ITS OK! I'm a Ron Paul supporter!

If they kindly accept me then I know where they stand on how they will try to rebuild their society and I can decide if I want to stay or not.

If they are aggressive towards me, I'll be on my merry way straying far away from their 'commune'.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kappy

Because through a hole in the wall you saw men entertaining children with funny faces and women with baskets harvesting crops.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
Let's see if we can recap. We've got many fix it people, many security/warfare types, and it everyone is willing to propagate the species? Can anyone grow food? Can anyone fix something without a parts store? Anyone have a real source of energy? Can anyone make effective weapons?

Completely agree here. All this big bravado of I'm an ex military guy and i'll do as I'll please is BS. These guys will also meet other guys who are the same and one of them will meet their demise.
For me communties are the way forward. It's how we came to live in this current world. All communties would be their to be attacked and raided but we as a people still came out the other side. Like days of old people came to communities and people left and after the dust settles I think this is the way humans will build soceity again.

Look at the amish, they do things so simple and that's the way to follow I feel.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by colec156

I can fix things without parts.. depending on severity. if your block has a cracked piston.. your SOL because NOBODY can fix that without a new piston.. Im working on the energy part, and definitely could make weapons and defensive measures. I can weld with car batteries, and trap food, gather edibles, construct ANYTHING.. I'm damn good with a gun and i make a mean gumbo... not to mention I can throw a wicked party...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
1) Permaculture and heirloom farming (chicken and goats included) and seed saving techniques.

2) Above average cooking skills, including drying, pickling and preserving techniques.

3) Working knowledge of various earthship designs and applied passive solar heating, including how to setup a working 110v volt inverted power bank using car batteries.

In my spare time I read up on survival techniques, go hunting and fishing, study the stars, read philosophy and create vivid artworks and never freak out. I'm not only useful, I'm creative and an avid user of my brain.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I train working dogs and travel with two of them. These are the type that dont care if the blind guy gets across the road.
Don't have much use for communities but since this one doesn't allow Lawyers and Politicians I'm gonna leave my favorite bitch to make sure it stays that way. Just say "halt" when you want her to quit "eating"

Of course we wouldn't have these forums if it wasn't or lawyers and politicians.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
served seven years in US Army with three- 12 month deployments.
Backround experience (before the Army):
Farming
Cattle working
Carpentry
Welding
Gardening

Not to mention the inherent skills of living in a rural area... And I have at least 1 bottle of Jack Daniel's.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
just checking back in, and yeah generating electrical power, i can do that, i can also build transformers to up or lower the voltage to usable levels, along with the transmission of said power. yay team we cook on a hot plate tonight no more sending up smoke signals for every one to see.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Someone might say that they are from fema and say they have some more coffins for you. Besides, that will be the day when seargent schultz will be on duty. I know nothing, i see nothing. What makes you think that the guards on duty won't just let me in, because i said so. JEDI SAYS, let me pass. JEDI mind trick.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm a minister, able to provide a wedding, funeral, or simply a caring ear. I also am able to handle communications via amateur radio, troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits, frame houses, and many other construction skills.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52   >>

join