It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

If there is corn bread at your camp, I ain't coming. Ripley hates corn bread and if she ain't in camp, I'm not coming. You want to live, stand behind Ripley, she eats aliens and scum for breakfast.
edit on 11/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Sorry, was guarding the wall whilst typing and made a mistake.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Hates corm bread? Why, the woman ain't even human herself then!

How the devil can any one eat aliens without corn bread?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

She don't like Androids either. She hates Bishop.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Do you suppose she could at least get along with zombies?

Sounds like she's a thoroughly disagreeable sort....

But hey, if TSHTF involves a horde of rampaging android aliens, she's our woman!

edit on 2011/10/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You are spot on there. Which sparks a question after the Ripley thing.
What fictional character would you like to see in the stockade with you?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

The fictional character that I'd want backing me up in this scenario is River Tam, no it's not a stretch of running water, She's a super ass kicking (although somewhat loony, due to government brain tampering,) gorgeous female genius from the tv series Firefly and the spin off film Serenity.
River Tam

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

That's a tough one. Snake Plisskin comes to mind, but I think he's already voted for. Rambo is out because he's, well, too "Rambo-ish". Ultra Violet, maybe. I'll have to think on it some more.

Nah, I got it! Hell Tanner from Roger Zelazny's "Damnation Alley"!

He ain't nothing BUT bad!

edit on 2011/10/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

That's one of the greatest Sci-Fi franchises ever devised by man. An Old West Space Opera - something for everyone! Most folks get sucked right in, never figuring out that it's the human story that really holds them, and the Western/Space Opera angle is just the vehicle!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

7 of 9 (makin' the borg with two backs )
or more seriously maybe bear grylls any one that can drink his own urine out of a snake skin that he killed with his teeth and ate raw is a living legend in my book.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I think mine might be Alice from Resident Evil. Good looking, sexy and kicks zombie ass.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

i can hunt and train people to hunt
i am good in a fight if needed
i know how to build and maintain things

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror. - The Humungus

edit on 11-10-2011 by Humungus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I would be with Beatrice Kiddo from Kill Bill, I would be heavily armed, my 40kg Old Country Bulldog would be ravenous. I would maybe trade with you's then move on for reasons mentioned by others around the time when this post was opened.

Good luck living in a small society after the main frame of this current pathetic society has collapsed.

Manyana & best of luck.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It would depend on the time frame for me. If it has been awhile since the EVENT. I would have to sit back a study you for awhile first. Sadly I would have my wife and children with me...not planning on delivering us up like some Chinese take out to add to your food stores.

I have seen the Road...NO thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Humungus

No way jose.

I choose Richard B. Ridik.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Hi graceunderpressure, having thought long and hard about living in a community Beatrice Kiddo & I have decided to trade some of our tobacco, alcohol & medicinal supplies with you. We have plenty having stock piled plenty of things in anticipation of a SHTF scenario. We are both heavily armed & our 40kg Old Country Bulldog is ravenous with hunger having had to survive on the left overs of our trappings & kills. Therefore we suggest you allow us to be on our way to our pre arranged points of safety. We will trade with you if you's would like though, good luck with your community.

Hasta manyana

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
AH HA!!! And I've got jokes!...no? ah well

On a serious note.
You should let me through because I was raised on a farm my entire life. I am skilled at hunting, fishing, growing food, canning food, and have a great knowledge of plants and medicinal properties. I have a stockpile of herbal medicine for anything that ails you or anyone else, and I have the capability of producing more for your people if given the chance.

As a Registered Nurse I would be vital to anyone sick or wounded, and with plenty of experience in Labor and Delivery I could also have the additional benefit of being able to help with any births if they occur. Couple this with my super stockpile of herbal medicine, and perhaps you could overlook my sense of humor?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
AH HA!!! And I've got jokes!...no? ah well

On a serious note.
You should let me through because I was raised on a farm my entire life. I am skilled at hunting, fishing, growing food, canning food, and have a great knowledge of plants and medicinal properties. I have a stockpile of herbal medicine for anything that ails you or anyone else, and I have the capability of producing more for your people if given the chance.

As a Registered Nurse I would be vital to anyone sick or wounded, and with plenty of experience in Labor and Delivery I could also have the additional benefit of being able to help with any births if they occur. Couple this with my super stockpile of herbal medicine, and perhaps you could overlook my sense of humor?

Those qualifications are great, and your sense of humor is at the top of the list!
Entre!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Hey OP, are pedantics welcome in this survival compound ?

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
The scenario also means that we're all "up the proverbial excretory tributary without a proper mode of locomotion."

I'm guessing that would be a yes?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's taken me three days to read this thread, and almost every page has made me laugh out loud. Several times on most pages. Not sure this is where you intended this to go, graceunderpressure, but thank you for starting it, and for keeping it rolling...

I was counting on my cooking skills to get me in the door, but it seems like we've got waaaay too many cooks (not a bad thing in this case, thankfully), and since your camp opened its doors to all in the time it took me to read everything, I guess I don't need to justify myself anymore, but since I've been thinking about it for 43 pages, I'll share a couple of things:

I've got a lot of experience teaching - mostly teaching kids and adults to read. I think that's a necessity for rebuilding civilization, and I'm surprised we don't have more teachers on this thread - clearly we've got a lot of smart people in the camp.

I don't know why it happens, but I've always been the guy that people look to for leadership when things get crazy. I stay calm and focused in extreme situations, and I'm good at talking people down from the edge of panic. That seems like it'd be awfully helpful.

I can quote Simpsons episodes in their entirety. It'll be just like we have a TV.

Oh, and I can cook. In case the six thousand cooks we have in the camp all need a break on the same night.

Look forward to enjoying the post-apocalypse with you all!

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join