It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm hot and I like to party.
I have a pole.

Hasn't failed me yet.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

If you can't bake corn bread or cook a proper venison roast, I can't think of any use for you.

Why would I care if you have a pole? Sounds like a personal problem to me...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Want to know my secret recipe for venison roast?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Probably not a good idea to blurt it out here if it's a SECRET recipe...

BUT...

If you come into my tiny camp for a cuppa coffee, we can discuss it in hushed, conspiratorial tones....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Where is your camp?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
It's turned into a raucous party of drinkers, smokers, promiscuous Jeep riders, and other degenerates.

Promiscuous? Who you calling Promiscuous!

Meh, after reading Valentine's post, I'd say you're Mother Theresa.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I am kidding.
On almost all posts since the thread was derailed.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

When I worked out in the field, the guys used to make this concoction they called "yellow death" it involved corn meal and peanut butter... Ugh! You didn't go hungry, if you could stomach it, that is... cornbread would have been so much better! If only one of us would have agreed to carry that cast-iron pan!

edit on 10-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

In a ravine, in the woods, outside the main camp. It probably needs to be relocated again soon, and certainly before the next big rainstorm, but it was the bestest, most sheltered place I could find on short notice.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

BUT...

If you come into my tiny camp for a cuppa coffee, we can discuss it in hushed, conspiratorial tones....

Hushed conspiratorial tones? Someone will think you are planning to take over the compound. Guaranteed. Watch out for spies who will manipulate your trading routes...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

When I worked out in the field, the guys used to make this concoction they called "yellow death" it involved corn meal and peanut butter... Ugh! You didn't go hungry, if you could stomach it, that is... cornbread would have been so much better! If only one of us would have agreed to carry that cast-iron pan!

edit on 10-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

That sounds like a variant of pemmican. I've used peanut butter instead of fat to bind it together, and thrown in whatever dried odds and ends I could find - cracked up parched corn, pounded jerky, other kinds of nuts, dried fruit and berries, etc.

Yup, it'll keep you going, but some of it is better than other batches...

At first I thought you were going to describe "yellow death" as something similar to a concoction some of MY friends used to make called "green goddammit", which involved Everclear grain alcohol and a package of lime kool-aid...

It got that name because of what most folks utter after gaining the ability of speech again after taking a swig....

edit on 2011/10/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by nenothtu

BUT...

Hushed conspiratorial tones? Someone will think you are planning to take over the compound. Guaranteed. Watch out for spies who will manipulate your trading routes...

That's all part of my Master Plan to Rule the World - keep 'em guessing....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Take your venison roast, and cut it into french fry shaped slices, put the slices into a bag of cornmeal, shake for a while, deep fry for a very short amount of time. Best venison roast you've ever eaten, and a good jerky substitute.

p.s. You can add whatever spices you preffer to the bag of cornmeal, or just season them overnight in the fridge.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What a concept - breaded venison fries, with 13 secret herbs and spices - or however many you want to add in!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Okay, not that complicated. If you've ever had venison roast, you know that there's at least a 50% chance that it will be tough enough to break a window.
This little recipe turns the meat into something really good.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Okay, not that complicated. If you've ever had venison roast, you know that there's at least a 50% chance that it will be tough enough to break a window.

So are my biscuits - even using REAL flour instead of acorns! That's why I'm advertising for a camp cook - y'all KNOW how to make these things work!

This little recipe turns the meat into something really good.

I'm guessing HOW you cut those strips out vs. the grain of the roast is an important factor in edibility. That's one of the problems with demolition roasts - the grain is still whole and as it was, so if it wasn't cut quite right to begin with, you've got something to chew on - and chew on.... and chew on... Slicing them up like that seems like it would afford an opportunity to solve that problem.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

My Dad says how much running the deer was doing has a lot to do with it also. If dogs run the deer all day, it's not very good to eat.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

My Dad says how much running the deer was doing has a lot to do with it also. If dogs run the deer all day, it's not very good to eat.

Lactic acid builds up in their muscles and if they are all worked up when they die it doesn't get reabsorbed.

It's why I learned to butcher my own deer, too many idiots out here chase their deer and the butchers pool the meat during hunting season so you don'get your own meat back.

What a deer eats affects the meat also, swamp bucks are bark eaters, bitter meat. I like a nice 3 year old, any older the meat gets tough, any younger and there isn't much meat.
edit on 10-10-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

Damn man, I must show you how to wear a beret. LOL

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Where are the other writers in the collaborative story thread spawned by this thread? There are some truly creative folks here who make wondrously licentious use of the English language who really ought to be showing up over there, too!

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join