It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

It's a bit of fan art for the movie "Tank Girl".

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Last time I checked, all was fine and dandy... there's quite a few miles left in this ol' gas tank.

But for those of you who'd like to go for a spin without asking (*cough* nenothtu *cough*)... I'm also an ace sharpshooter with trophies to prove it, a black belt in taekwondo, and can target the family jewels with a hunting knife from fifty paces.

Bwahahahaha.

(just teasing ya nenoth...)

Me? take a spin without asking? No way I could - I'm skeert of those things! Pap told me they have bees in' em!

You'd probably notice the smoke when I started trying to smoke the bees out first!

No no no, you're pappy got it wrong... they're wasps.
Bees can only sting once.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

Nice avatar !

link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

You we will take. I like honesty. Besides the way things are going we might need cannon fodder.

link   

Incorrect. Bumblebees can sting more than once. Honeybees, however, can't.
edit on 10-10-2011 by MikeZutch because: Fixed a word.

link   
Whoa, looks like I need to make a stop at one of those outrigger camps and get some coffee, I'm starting to see things... are people starting to look the same around here, or is it just me?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Yes...I'm afraid it's just you
However, anyone that would be traveling with you (if you would even allow that) would be safe.

That would make them "crazy by proxy", wouldn't it? Heck, even I would probably be scared of anyone crazy enough to actually travel with me!

Who's gonna mess with a man who carries around a brush axe/machete? If I encountered you and saw that thing...I'd have to question what else you had up your sleeves

"Crazy" is an excellent defense mechanism. No one wants to mess with crazy folk - you never know what they might do next, and most people are afraid it might be "catching" anyhow.

Folks tend to leave "crazy" be, and go elsewhere.

P.S. - the brush axe and crazy gleam is just to hold the opponent's attention riveted, while the real dangers come into play!

edit on 2011/10/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by MikeZutch

Incorrect. Bumblees can sting more than once. Honeybees, however, can't.

Hey OP, are pedantics welcome in this survival compound ?

link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Not worth a bullet.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I think it was more significant than pendantic. Many implications, some of those stings last a lifetime, others just 18 years, and some can be fixed with a Z-pack.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by TechniXcality

BANG!, BANG! KABOOM! Had one round left in the grenade launcher.

So not a Bob Marley fan.

You need to conserve your ammo, but until you do, I'm just gonna stand quietly behind you, and hand ammo over your shoulder!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I think it was more significant than pendantic. Many implications, some of those stings last a lifetime, others just 18 years, and some can be fixed with a Z-pack.

Now you're definately keeping it too true to reality.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeZutch

Incorrect. Bumblees can sting more than once. Honeybees, however, can't.

Hey OP, are pedantics welcome in this survival compound ?

They better be...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Actually, any insect with a heavily barbed stinger can only sting a person once. Many wasps like yellow jackets have small barbs on their stinger, and there's a chance each time that they use it, that they will remove it. Only a few wasps can sting all day with no ill consequences.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Actually, any insect with a heavily barbed stinger can only sting a person once. Many wasps like yellow jackets have small barbs on their stinger, and there's a chance each time that they use it, that they will remove it. Only a few wasps can sting all day with no ill consequences.

The barbs on a yellow jacket are so small that's it rarely, if ever, happens.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It was just plain evil to say that! Now I'll NEVER get to sleep! There are two women who are permanent residents in this house, two or three more who are transients - just show up from time to time - and I'm the only male here to fight the wasps!

I dunno... I'm either going to build my own bunker out back now, away from the house, or else just go Lone Wolf and hit the road EARLY!

As an aside, I actually saw pap catch a wasp one time and hold it's stinger to his thumb without getting stung. I always wondered how he did that, but NOW I gotta wonder where the wasp came from!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

It was just plain evil to say that! Now I'll NEVER get to sleep! There are two women who are permanent residents in this house, two or three more who are transients - just show up from time to time - and I'm the only male here to fight the wasps!

I dunno... I'm either going to build my own bunker out back now, away from the house, or else just go Lone Wolf and hit the road EARLY!

As an aside, I actually saw pap catch a wasp one time and hold it's stinger to his thumb without getting stung. I always wondered how he did that, but NOW I gotta wonder where the wasp came from!

All those women hanging around your pad ?! Run man run, while you still have your sanity !

You went ahead with that crazy Phyllis Diller hair and Charles Manson evil-eye look didn't you ?

Sorry, I forgot to tell you... that look not only serves the purpose of making you look schizoid, but it's also a chick magnet thing.

I apologize for my lack of clarity.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Nice avatar !

Twins!

I'm getting out of the way of the fellas that are gonna be stampeding you two shortly!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeZutch

I disagree, I've seen it happen at about a 50% chance. It could also depend on your skin thickness and texture, and how fast you are to swat it, because everyone swats the thing that stung them.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Whoa, looks like I need to make a stop at one of those outrigger camps and get some coffee, I'm starting to see things... are people starting to look the same around here, or is it just me?

You have no idea how badly that was confusing me, and how hard it was to keep the players apart in my head until they pointed that out!

I wasn't ABOUT to admit the confusion out loud, though!

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join