It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Tough guy over the interwebz. Seen every action movie, has special forces experience, but only from Halo and
Gears of War.
Read every survival forum, intricate knowledge of all kinds of useful subjects, but only theoretically. Rarely ventures outside of Mom's basement, and has a weak bladder if ever faced with the glean off a real gun.

Ya, we got lots of those, but it's all in good fun. Who knows, I might even be one.

I got a real useful survival skill...
I can say ... Don't Shot me....
in over a dozen languages!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Dont let TDawgRex in...
last time he was over at the bunker he hogged the remote ate all the pork rinds and drank my last beer....
then he got finger prints all over my favorite "Ma Deuce"... geez

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'd also like to add, that all these people with electronic backgrounds wouldn't be much use since there is no grid. Unless you can create a generator run network.
And these people with military backgrounds, it's all well and good, but how much ammo would you be carrying with you? How would you replenish ammo?
Animals killed for food would have to be caught traditionally in traps or risk wasting ammo.
The group could be left defenseless if there is a large reliance on gun use.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

The military train with more than just fire arms. The survival course on Dartmoor proved that. Dumped out of the back of a 4 tonner with nothing but the clothes on your back and a few bits and pieces and told, "see you in a week". Additionally, we were taught to use bows, crossbows, traps, snares and fishing wire.

Guns and bombs are okay until they run out.

After I left the service, I carried on training with a bow and still live rough when we go camping. Although, now I am older, I do prefer the RV. LOL
edit on 10/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Crazy maybe. I'm also familiar with losses. I think the people that have lead fortunate lives will be the ones going to pieces.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Fair play! Always like the idea of fending for myself, and would love to give it a go, but I'm a stickler for doing my business outside haha

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I hear you. However, in a tatical environment, dicarded bodily watse tends to attract some unwantet vistors, such as flys, and even dogs.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Iit's all well and good, but how much ammo would you be carrying with you? How would you replenish ammo?
Animals killed for food would have to be caught traditionally in traps or risk wasting ammo.
The group could be left defenseless if there is a large reliance on gun use.

Now this will probably get the Americans here laughing at me (until they've thought about it maybe) but one of my hobbies is repairing and tuning air rifles, good old fashioned spring powered air rifles, I have a dozen in my collection and spares for them, With good quality pellets I can hit a mouse at 45 yards (my knock down/pop up targets are the size of a mouse) and a rabbit at 60+ yards.
You'll still run out of ammo I hear you say........ actually I won't because I have a pellet mould, so as long as I can scrounge some lead and some fire to melt the lead, I'll always have ammo. the home cast pellets aren't as accurate as the ones I buy but they're near enough to still take a rabbit at 60 yards most times.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well first off, i can build an electrical grid, power supply and transformers, plus i have all the knowledge of how to wire it all up safely. I can also use the power generated to create certain security measures that would prove very off putting to any passer by's. I can work on most older cars and trucks, and have the ability to drive them safely. I have studied how to build and create armor both body and automotive.

Also i am a average to good shot with most weapons, i can improvise different tools and equipment that we fledgling survivors would need. I'm also an mediocre artist and poet who can provide entertainment when needed.

actualy this does sound like a great story maybe i will start a thread in the Colaborative writing section.. if some one hasnt done so already. i will post a link when i start it.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
seriously... guys... this is getting silly...
everyone is needed and useful in a SHTF...
many hands make light work... even a child... or an old man such as myself...

turning away any good hard working man or woman would be a mistake...
I pity the man who sits and makes lists of who to let in and who to not...
when the real challenge is what is it going to take to make our village sustainable and that takes everyone...
edit on 10-10-2011 by GrandpaDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Here's one that isn't laughing. I bought one of those as a toy for my kids to play with 7 or 8 years ago. Then when I saw what it would do during setup, I decided to keep it for myself!

I've not tried it on rabbits, but it'll do a number on a squirrel. That I know for sure.

I kept it around for a rainy day because I've got this notion that there are just some times when you don't want to make too much noise, but you'll still want to eat. It does about what a .22 will, without that sharp little crack,

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Haha exactly, which is why I prefer to keep it in the toilet, where it belongs

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by alien

Crazy maybe. I'm also familiar with losses. I think the people that have lead fortunate lives will be the ones going to pieces.

The elites are pretty useless skillwise, they have servants doing even their day to day things.

I can tell you that the elite are very afraid right now though, at least the few that I know are. My sisters new father in-law is 100ft yacht/private jet wealthy, and he has bought enough guns and ammo to equip a Seal Team in the last 6 months. He's also having a bunker built on his family compound, fully stocked with food, gas masks, kevlar, etc...

But the reality is that if TSHTF he won't last long without his servants and security people, and I think he knows it.

PS, I've seen that avatar before.

Rotten Tomatoes?
edit on 10-10-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
First aid trained, have good survival knowledge (fire, shelter, water purification) , good cook, good with my hands, can walk long distances, unarmed self defence skills, map reading etc etc...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rabidrabbit

BANG!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

BANG!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

BANG!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

then i am in, need help getting lights up, i would put some out at 200 yards, motion lights, any one need boots or shoes fixed?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
All of you internet tough guys muscling your way into the compound are hilarious. Odds are 1 or 2 of you are actually physically capable and mentally able but it is fun to think of you as fat 40 year olds in a trailer. Honestly I think the most confident and cocky probably won't last too long.

For instance assuming that you can defeat any guard at any place any time is pretty entertaining. Assuming you take down the existing 1,2,3 or more guards but will yourself be able to guard the entire compound alone afterwards is insulting. I have to be honest, just you assuming you are still alive and in position to do any of this leads me to believe you will probably die pretty early on when your ego gets you in trouble.

No amount of muscle, experience, or aggression can avoid a large caliber rifle round at 1/2 mile out. And if you think anyone is going to let you closer to them than that then you really are silly.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

I wore my Tuxedo T-shirt to court! Nice Avvy!!

I was getting dressed, I grabbed it out of the way and my wife freaked out and said, "You're not wearing that are you?" I wasn't planning to, but I said, "Ya, why not?" So, she dared me, it escalated, and long story short, I went to traffic court in my Tuxedo T-shirt, Overalls, and Cowboy boots.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join