It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I let you through the checkpoint?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

RPG kaboom taunk.

If you're talking about driving a tank you better have seen that movie.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence
reply to post by steveknows

Well now, I'm glad we see eye to eye.

The blood sacrifice ceremony is at eleven o'clock.

Just kidding... I think a new way of dealing and relating with people is soon coming.

I don't know what you're talking about. And after your unprovoked outburst of redirected projected anger at me I don't want to know.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Oh you've got RPG's now.....

On second thoughts i think i'll sit in the Tank and drink some moonshine tank fuel, call myself Oddball and play music really loud through the PA.

Where did you get those RPG's from anyway ?

Cosmic...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Ah dollars...in the SHTF situation that's what i call kindling for the fire.

Now the Gold and Silver i got from ram-raiding a few banks, that buys me what i need from the people who aren't so sniffy about who they'll deal with.

Play nice or me and my M1 will OWN you.

Cosmic...

Gold and silver mean D&*k in this situation (cant eat either one), and your "tank" is a rolling coffin, more ways to disable it then their are ways for it to operate.. a few come to mind that are so low tech, it would be almost embarrassing to point them out (5 bucks worth of parts, and I could make it hard to even target a barn, much less a single small target (this learned in Iraq, much to the detriment of our high tech capabilities)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

A guy with a busted pair of glasses that said we might need them one day.
We traded 5 days room and food for it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
wait your trading room and food by the day now.... ok we might be in trouble if shes in charge.....

I mean I am just saying... that could get messy..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

If they have something highly valuable, yes. Otherwise we'll have to let the tank roll over us.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Oh you've got RPG's now.....

On second thoughts i think i'll sit in the Tank and drink some moonshine tank fuel, call myself Oddball and play music really loud through the PA.

Where did you get those RPG's from anyway ?

Cosmic...

" Always with the negative waves moriority"...

Want to hear my dog imitation?"
"woof,"
want to hear my other dog imitation?"
"woof; woof...." love it!
(one of the favorites I grew up with!)
"kelly's Heros"...

"Guns of Navarone"

"Where eagles dare"
:
"heros of telemark"

"the wild geese"

abortive thread hijack

edit on 7-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

" Will you stop crying, i haven't even asked you yet "

" Hey the bridge is still up, oh ,no it ain't "

Cosmic...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo
Because your armed guards will probably let me within five feet of them to talk, especially if I don't act aggressive. If they let me within five feet they're ******.

After that, I could guard the town.

We could call it a physical resume, either way, I'm getting in.
edit on 7-10-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

I just soiled my pants

Scary Hary.right? ha ha that was the fuzz.fuzz

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Im not really sure if I would be let in any community as I would be traveling with a 13 year old boy and 17 year old boy. Even so we would have a bit to offer.. I would be bringing two strong backs to help all the carpenters, welders fabricators etc.. every group needs an assortment of gophers so to speak. I would also be offering my cooking skills, I make an awesome bear roast, know how to make squirrel gravy, and chicory coffee to wash it all down. I feel I should also mention that I am not afraid of spiders, snakes are good eat'in, and I know the easy way to catch the granddaddy of all cat fish and not get poked by his barbs but if I do, I know how to make the sting go away.

Also I'd be bringing 3 fully loaded BOB's to barter with. So let us come in so I can rest my feet, brush the tangles out of my hair and find a spot to set up a cooking fire. These cat fish wont keep forever!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I am a misuse and give the best massages
your going to need me..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
1.I have knowledge of ancient civilizations.
2.I have notebooks full of information with anything from Religion to Guitar
3.I know several languages.

I could survive in the book of eli for sure.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
"Because I protested with the OWS groups, have no skills, and will ask you to take care of me forever?" HAHAHA!!!

Seriously: Because I have a lot of weapons and ammo along with a mobile reloading station, explosive skills, and I know how to farm.
edit on 7-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Killer Avatar there.....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm a pretty good shot, am familiar with woodscraft, and have a good working knowledge of non-power hand tools.

More importantly, I can do killer yo-yo tricks. Everybody likes yo-yo tricks.

Realistically, though, I think that most SHTF scenarios would be more dangerous to groups than to a single person. Compounds are easier to find by armies/aliens. Groups are more likely to contract disease. It's a lot easier to feed just me than to feed a compound. These and other reasons would probably cause me to go elsewhere as soon as I was aware of your existence.

When things start to get onto a more even keel, though, I'll probably look y'all up.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Hmm let's see, three things I can provide...

1: I can cook.

2: I'm capable of making tools starting from simple materials working my way up to more complex tools, as the materials and tools ( which I would make ) become available.

3: I can teach others how to make Typical long bows, and with time and materials more complex recurve bows, as well as how to make arrows. If the materials are available I can teach you to make broad heads as well.

Bonus, first aid level 2 !!! ha ha

As well, I'm handy with fixing mechanical things. I've taken things apart and put them back together my whole life ( with out breaking them.. ha ha.) I grew up in the bush. Hunting, camping, fishing, and hiking.

I would likely have my outdoors pack on if the world ended, assuming my house and pack weren't destroyed in the disaster it contains,

Space blanket, Poncho, 3 emergency rations ( those military style IMPs) a bundle of paracord, 100ft of climbing rope, my finnish ranger knife, fire steel, a collapsing stove, 2 canisters of fuel, change of socks, gloves, E-tool, first aid kit, 2 flares ( road flares) a wet stone.... oh a flash light ha ha. I would likely be carrying my 60lb re-curve bow and 12 carbon arrows, with broad heads, as well as as many of my home made wooden arrows as I could carry, a tool kit for arrow making: Fletching, glue, nocks, about 40 field points, and a couple broad heads I made. As well as sand paper, scissors, a multi tool, a small fine single cut file, glue, a tapering tool, a curved knife I use for shaping my shafts, arrow wrench, spare bow string, 2 right handed finger tabs and an arm guard. all in a tackle box ha ha.

Again, that would be only if my home and pack was not destroyed. That's what I'd bring with me, my pack and Bow arrows, and arrow making kit. What do you say ? am I in ?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I can grow food...

Expert in computers, electrical engineering

Can build structures like homes

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Your post is gaining the elements of a good story; your group is the benevelant, positive, "good guy" group lead by a chic. Now you are getting shaken down by bikers, you have a genetic nazi that is attracting lone wolf psychos looking to attack your compound. And steveknows with his organized rednecks with similar aims (possibly your worst threat) All the while hordes of desperate refugees massing outside you walls. Good luck.

As for me if I am looking to get into your compound something went really wrong, but heres my resume;
6 years paramedic experience, and I may have paid my agencies med closet a little visit prior to hitting the road.
(we are a little useless without our stuff)
I was a farrier so I have some decent blacksmithing skills.
Decent backyard mechanic.
6 years martial arts experience.
Experienced at hunting, fishing, camping all that...
Decent shot with a rifle/pistol
Brutal with a bow; prefer a re-curve & no sights (the tip of the arrow is my sight)
Dawback; nearing my 5th decade but I can still work hard 8 or more hours a day.

I live in a rural valley one road in & out everyone back here lives on 1/2-20 or more acres and there is water. trouble is we are within 150 mi. of two cities (thats within a tank of gas) and closer to some smaller cities, the refugee thing would be a real problem

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

i am a ham radio operator with a portable hand held radio.

-subfab

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join