It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Dark Almond Joy Clusters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This was so easy and came as an idea via chat.

So whoever mentioned melting white chocolate and adding coconut, THANKS!

Mblah's Dark Almond Joy Clusters

sorry picture isnt that great

Ingredients
1 bag of Hershey Special Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup slithered almonds crumbled (I just crush it in my hand)

Directions

Melt chocolate chips in a sauce pan on low, be careful not to burn!
Add the almonds and coconut and stir til mixed.

Spoon on a cookie sheet in little drops then refrigerate for an hour.

These are SOOOOOOO good! I love dark chocolate, coconut and nuts and the fact they are all wrapped up in a tasty chocolate cluster is heaven!

Serve with a glass of milk!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Okay, I'm all'mond in and coconuts for the idea! How do I keep from burning the chips?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Okay, I'm all'mond in and coconuts for the idea! How do I keep from burning the chips?

Place the chocolate in a pan over a larger pan of water boil the water stir the chips..double boiler if you have one

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Thank you! I'ma dig around for a double boiler. Think my steamer might have a pan...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I used a double sauce pan for that purpose and I also have a gas stove which makes it a little easier to melt chocolate without burning it.

You can also cook it on a really low heat and just make sure you keep an eye on it and stir constantly. I have had to do it this way before I had a double sauce pan....I also cooked the coconut and almonds with the chips but you don't have to do it that way. It can be done either way.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It might be good with the coconut in balls dipped into the chocolate and rolled in the nuts too.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Place the chocolate in a pan over a larger pan of water boil the water stir the chips..double boiler if you have one

Haha yup! I LOVE my double boiler! I got it at a thrift store for 3 bucks and have used it so much since i go it. Probably the one thing i have used the most besides my pasta maker. It was funny too because I almost didn't buy it but my friend convinced me I'd want it and I'm glad she did! It works great for making my alfredo sauce too!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It might be good with the coconut in balls dipped into the chocolate and rolled in the nuts too.

Omg drool! That would be good! I'll definitely try that next time. These were just an idea I got from someone in chat lol

These will be added to my Christmas good basket for people

Just a note everyone...these things are like a Lays potato chip, you can't eat just one!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Omg drool! That would be good! I'll definitely try that next time. These were just an idea I got from someone in chat lol

These will be added to my Christmas good basket for people

Just a note everyone...these things are like a Lays potato chip, you can't eat just one!

Well Dang i am on a diet ATM :-( Should not have even looked at this thread lol!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I love chocolate and coconut,yummm!
I am hungry and you just made things worse.
I have to cook dinner and have left-over banana
cake for dessert.I want chocolate and I want it
now!
I just remembered...I have these little chocolate
bars hidden away in my ...it's a secret

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks to Metalistbee for the idea!!

It came up in chat when she said to melt white chocolate and add coconut so I made these!

Thanks MB!! These turned out sooooo yummy and they will now be added to my Christmas gift baskets!

new topics

top topics

join