It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A true story - Is it people? Is it REALLY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Its your lucky day/night!

Someone showed me to this link today.

In the early days of our magazine, I was asked to view a secret military installation just north of Fairbanks, Alaska. The site contained numerous antennae that were designed to focus billions of watts of radio energy on our Earth's ionosphere, heating it and causing it to expand. In the subsequent years I learned that there were about a dozen other similar installations under construction at strategic locations around the globe.

Source link

The links on the right side of the above linked page may be interesting to you also.

Make of it what you will, I offer you nothing more.

edit on 7-10-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: Picture add

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well it says it's a true story at the top of the page and "true" is even underlined, so it's got to be true! Plus it's posted on the Internet, thus solidifying it's worthiness!
Seriously though, that's from 2003 and if you back out to the home page of the site it's clearly a new age site loaded with every fringe thought and opinion out there. I'd hardly classify this as reliable.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Oh it's definitely not reliable

But coming from 2003 makes it more believable for me. Less chance of plagiarism!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yes there are projects to transmit radiowaves into the ionosphere. It probably isn't billions of watts by any means, as that would be very expensive in electricity.a

And there isn't very much weapons potential either, at least directly. A heating of the atmosphere may change some properties of long-wave radio communications.

Another possibility is heating the atmosphere is indirectly for missile defense. Possibly by increasing the density and height of the ionosphere (a little bit) you could better distinguish real warheads (heavy) from decoy warheads (light) as the decoys would be more affected relatively by atmospheric drag.

That's about the only directly military application I could think of, and if that's it, I'm for it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Why did you include a picture of the Norway spiral?
The image and the article are completely unrelated.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The original purpose of the ionospheric heating experiments wasn't (at least directly) a weapon. It was to investigate the possibility of altering the ionosphere and using what amateur radio operators call "skip" to facilitate long-range communications and radar.

As an aside, 'billions of watts' isn't a misprint..but before you get too alarmed by the numbers, look up "effective radiated power". You'll find that a surprising number of commercial radio and television stations already pump out billions of watts...and a typical thunderstorm pumps out even more.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Why did you include a picture of the Norway spiral?
The image and the article are completely unrelated.

Is it allenidaho?

Is it REALLY?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yes. It really is unrelated.

The Norway Spiral was the result of a failed missile launch in the North Atlantic.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Yes. It really is unrelated.

The Norway Spiral was the result of a failed missile launch in the North Atlantic.

Thats what Dan Aykroyd said they said!

Aykroyd: I woke up in the middle of the night and I said to my wife, they're calling me, they're calling me. I want to go outside, they want me to come outside and see. Something outside wants me to come out and see. Oh, just go back to bed. I went back to bed but the next day in the media - in newspapers and radio - all over upstate New York and Ontario and Quebec and Vermont, people spoke about this urge they had to go out of their houses at 3:00 in the morning and look up into the sky.

Aykroyd: Yeah, you could research, that was in the mid-80s. In fact it was a pink spiral that appeared in the sky. People went out, telepathically urged like I was, I didn't go, shmuck. They went out, in the sky they saw this pink spiral in the sky, huge, miles, like two miles long. And the Air Force said it was a Chinese rocket.

new topics

top topics

join