It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 14 Shamans Killed in Loreto Region

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Who knew the region had so many 'shamen'.

I thought they were sorta rare?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's because the shamans want the forests protected. Do an internet search on "uncontacted amazon tribe" and I'm pretty sure you'll better understand what it's about.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This must have been one hell of a battle, was my first thought upon reading the headline,.

It seems the inquisition lives on!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Rogger Rumrill, a leading researcher on Amazonian issues, said the murders are related to “protestant sects” that Torres and his brother belong to, the daily said.

“For these protestant sects, the shamans are people possessed by demons, so they have to be killed,” Rumrill said.

This is a disgusting and terrible chain of events. I hate seeing people use religion as a flimsy excuse to get the sociopathic rocks off.

The Foundation for Shamanic Studies is asking for people to contact the various human rights agencies to try to stop this.. I feel I may have to compose a strongly worded memo..

www.peruviantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-7-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

Don't go blaming the whole christian community for what they do. Their brand of christianity is false and they will feel the Lords wrath. Jesus said we would "know the false prophets and teachers by their fruits" and breaking the 6th commandment and committing murder is psuedo-christian (fake christian).

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I am a believer in God,and Jesus. However, I am not afraid to say that in my opinion, the removal of tribal druids from Britain by the invading , heretical catholic (spits violently) Romans, was the worst thing that ever happened to our culture here in the British Isles. One of the things I find so wonderful about the South American continent is its attatchment to its traditional culture,and the enduring nature of those natural, and comparatively innocent tribes and cultures.

I would urge any protestant zealot in the area to lay down his arms, and beg forgiveness from God for attempting to destroy the traditional way of life of a culture which unlike our own faith,has not been responsible for the genocide of millions upon millions of people. Evidently the people reponsible for this, if indeed religiously motivated zealots, must have difficulty spotting the log in thier own eyes , before complaining at the specks in those of thier brother man.

Remember brother, there are fake christians out to harm the bride of Christ. Jesus said "they shall perform miracles and wonders in my name, but they are not mine and i will say to them, away from me you workers of iniquity for i know you not". A true follower of Christ will not break his commandments, which are the same as in the old testament for Jesus Christ is the Living Word, God in the flesh. They break the 6th commandment
"thou shalt not murder", no true christian would ever go against the Lord. Jesus also said "he who is against me is anti-Christ", if they teach doctrines that are against Christ's teachings then they preach doctrines of devils and they are not a true christian.
edit on 7-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Rogerstigers
This is a disgusting and terrible chain of events. I hate seeing people use religion as a flimsy excuse to get the sociopathic rocks off.

Don't go blaming the whole christian community for what they do. Their brand of christianity is false and they will feel the Lords wrath. Jesus said we would "know the false prophets and teachers by their fruits" and breaking the 6th commandment and committing murder is psuedo-christian (fake christian).

There was a reason I phrased what I said EXACTLY the way I said it..

edit on 10-7-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
i245.photobucket.com...

The forest, the despair in the kid eyes and the dead feline scenario (in the peruvian cultures they call this representation Uturunku: a being that is able to "transform" in to other animal forms, the shamans ( or the ayahuasca men) sings lots of "icaros" (chants) where this word can be heard, those, the ayahuasca ceremony performers are the ones the are being murdered, like they want to erase all ancient and sacred knowledge.
edit on 8-10-2011 by siriusdolphinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I hope you are happy wherever you are. Thank you for your lifethread and may you find what you seek. God or whatever shape you use for shamans take care of thier soul/spririt/concious as you have always done and always will. Namaste.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by SevenThunders

You don't even know what a shaman is. Do some research and really gain some knowledge before making an uneducated subjective sheltered religious claim like that.

Since I started my religious search practicing shamanism, I beg to differ. My intimate knowledge tells me that these practices are heavily, heavily heavily demonized, as most of the occult, witchcraft and ritualistic drug use is. The power they obtain, is obtained from spirits who are fallen angels. That's all you really need know.

yet your "research" is clouded from your obviously christian view point. to those of us who have researched this practice with an open mind would beg to differ. it relies heavily on totem spirits and personal discovery... if you want to look into the OLDEST form of religion, open your mind and leave the dogma and brain-washing at the door...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I know that there are those who seek to undo the good works of the Christian faith. The problem is that for untold generations, it is those masked agents who have gained attention, and wrapped themselves like a tentacle around the hearts and minds of the people, around the very organs of history itself. They have buggered about with the bible, hidden half its meaning from the world, they shafted countless perfectly harmless cultures on principal, and helped start the faith wars that even now rock our planet .

That is why I cannot abide the ways of the Church, or any organised version of the faith. Its a machine designed to destroy faith. This is just the latest in a long line of anti christian actions, enacted against harmless communities. Its a damned travesty .

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by SevenThunders

You don't even know what a shaman is. Do some research and really gain some knowledge before making an uneducated subjective sheltered religious claim like that.

Since I started my religious search practicing shamanism, I beg to differ. My intimate knowledge tells me that these practices are heavily, heavily heavily demonized, as most of the occult, witchcraft and ritualistic drug use is. The power they obtain, is obtained from spirits who are fallen angels. That's all you really need know.

So you practice shamanism or not? You're saying the practice is demonic in nature? You sound like someone no less eager to kill shamans than these maniacs.
edit on 8-10-2011 by SeeingBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by notalemmingyet your "research" is clouded from your obviously christian view point. to those of us who have researched this practice with an open mind would beg to differ. it relies heavily on totem spirits and personal discovery... if you want to look into the OLDEST form of religion, open your mind and leave the dogma and brain-washing at the door...

While I agree with you in principle, one of the base aspects of tolerance is to understand that while someone's opinion may run counter to your beliefs, they are allowed to have such opinions... So long as it doesn't cause harm.

SevenThunders, in my personal opinion, has a very tainted view on Shamanism, but aside from obvious Christian influence, I have no understanding of what actual experiences gave him that tainted view. In the end, their opinion does not cause harm... unless they are in the area of shamanic cultures trying to destroy them.

I have been silent on this thread to see how it played out. I agree, there is a very good chance that this is a result of some MNC somewhere pulling some strings. The Mayor boys may be involved or not. It is no less tragic.

I will post any updates if I get them... I originally got this lead form the Foundation for Shamanic Studies, and I am sure they'll do an update in the near future.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Just an update on this story..

The Peruvian government is sending a team of officials to a remote region of the Amazon jungle to investigate the deaths of 14 shamans who were killed in a string of brutal murders.

The traditional healers, all from the Shawi ethnic group, were murdered in separate incidents over the last 20 months, allegedly at the behest of a local mayor.

No arrests have been made over the deaths, which took place in and around Balsapuerto, a small river port in Peru's vast Amazon region on its northern border with Ecuador, Colombia and Brazil.

www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join