It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 14 Shamans Killed in Loreto Region

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Report: 14 Shamans Killed in Loreto Region

www.peruviantimes.com

Peru’s government said Tuesday that 14 shamans in the country’s north-eastern jungle region of Loreto have been murdered in the past 20 months, newspaper La Republica reported.

Deputy Intercultural Minister Vicente Otta Rivera said the murders occurred in the Balsa Puerto district, near Yurimaguas in the Alto Amazonas province.

The provincial prosecutor’s office said that the murders were allegedly ordered by the mayor of Balsa Puerto, Alfredo Torres, and carried out by his brother.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
indiancountrytodaymedi anetwork.com
www.larepublica.pe

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Rogger Rumrill, a leading researcher on Amazonian issues, said the murders are related to “protestant sects” that Torres and his brother belong to, the daily said.

“For these protestant sects, the shamans are people possessed by demons, so they have to be killed,” Rumrill said.

This is a disgusting and terrible chain of events. I hate seeing people use religion as a flimsy excuse to get the sociopathic rocks off.

The Foundation for Shamanic Studies is asking for people to contact the various human rights agencies to try to stop this.. I feel I may have to compose a strongly worded memo..

www.peruviantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-7-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I wonder if its religous battles/spiritual battles as much as silencing some who have some real info. Im really suspicous of this. The rich corporate nazi's are all in South America.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The perp.s are somewhat misinformed on how to deal with the demon possessed from the New Testament. The New Testament says to love your enemies and to cast out demons, not slaughter the precious souls that are tormented by them. God will deal with the shamans as needed, giving every opportunity to repent. That was their error.

link   
We still don't know yet they are investigating.

There are all kinds of possibilities of what could be going on here. It may not be witch hunters, it could turn out to be something totally different.

From one of your sources:

Otta said some of the victims had been hacked to death with machetes, while others were shot. Details of the circumstances were sketchy, but he said the victims were apparently attacked on forest trails or along rivers.

Roger Rumrrill, who has written extensively about the Peruvian Amazon and who also spoke at the press conference, said the killings could be motivated by political conflicts, religious differences or prejudice toward traditional healers, because of a lack of understanding of their role in indigenous communities.

He also speculated that some could be perpetrated by people who blamed traditional healers when a sick child died.

Let's keep an open mind about this so the true perpetrators do not get away. Also, this will help us avoid turning this into another witch-hunt as well.

link   
This is an assault on mankind and its origins.

I am sorry to hear this.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

You don't even know what a shaman is. Do some research and really gain some knowledge before making an uneducated subjective sheltered religious claim like that.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

The people who killed them may have not even known who they were. Think about it.

It could have been a new cartel operation to grow along these trails or rivers, and they saw any intruders like this as hostiles. This could have started in the last year or so in this geographic location.

This could be just random senseless killing over territory or something. I am going to have to just wait until I hear more details to settle on any one explanation for this.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Also I can entertain the suggestion that it could be a warring tribe or group of "bad shamans". However this may not work so well due to the fact that some of these were gunshot deaths. I might see a local tribe using machetes but guns? I don't know.

Well, in the case that the global gun market is really this hard core and far reaching, maybe someone is supplying a local tribe with guns to go wipe out other local tribes. This is a common historical tactic.

Land grabbers / developers will come in and supply a few of the tribes with weapons and convince them to wipe out all their neighbors.

But keep in mind with guns, we could be looking at virtually anyone from anywhere behind this.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i'm saddened to hear about those deaths....really what do they think they will accomplish from it?

i never understand people like this...but what goes around, comes around.....karma will give them the smack in the face they so dearly need....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Also I can entertain the suggestion that it could be a warring tribe or group of "bad shamans". However this may not work so well due to the fact that some of these were gunshot deaths. I might see a local tribe using machetes but guns? I don't know.

Well, in the case that the global gun market is really this hard core and far reaching, maybe someone is supplying a local tribe with guns to go wipe out other local tribes. This is a common historical tactic.

Land grabbers / developers will come in and supply a few of the tribes with weapons and convince them to wipe out all their neighbors.

But keep in mind with guns, we could be looking at virtually anyone from anywhere behind this.

South American shamans tend to settle their disputes in the Aluna or by using etheric darts which they fire at their rivals from the Aluna out into the 3D world. It's an aspect of shamanic life I've never understood, but a healthy lesson in that indigenous does not always equal humble or without ego ;0)

The developers idea you put forward sounds much more likely, but yeah, it's speculation.

My first thought was to see if there is any logging going on in the area. Shaman seem to end up being the spokesmen for the indigenous protests against corporate logging and deforestation. A well respected and vocal local Shaman could be a bit of a thorn in the side of corporate logging interests. A group of organised shaman would probably be seen as a significant threat.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

You don't even know what a shaman is. Do some research and really gain some knowledge before making an uneducated subjective sheltered religious claim like that.

Since I started my religious search practicing shamanism, I beg to differ. My intimate knowledge tells me that these practices are heavily, heavily heavily demonized, as most of the occult, witchcraft and ritualistic drug use is. The power they obtain, is obtained from spirits who are fallen angels. That's all you really need know.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am a believer in God,and Jesus. However, I am not afraid to say that in my opinion, the removal of tribal druids from Britain by the invading , heretical catholic (spits violently) Romans, was the worst thing that ever happened to our culture here in the British Isles. One of the things I find so wonderful about the South American continent is its attatchment to its traditional culture,and the enduring nature of those natural, and comparatively innocent tribes and cultures.

I would urge any protestant zealot in the area to lay down his arms, and beg forgiveness from God for attempting to destroy the traditional way of life of a culture which unlike our own faith,has not been responsible for the genocide of millions upon millions of people. Evidently the people reponsible for this, if indeed religiously motivated zealots, must have difficulty spotting the log in thier own eyes , before complaining at the specks in those of thier brother man.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Really?
The same old excuse?

Didn't the "conquistadores" already used that excuse to burn and destroy what was left of the maia and inca civilization when they (consquistadores) first arrived?

Isn't that (in a way) the same excuse that those islamic extremist also use? Only difference is semantics: infidel, possessed by demons, pagans, savages, atheist...

In my eyes, Mankind seems more and more hopeless as days come by, for we seem not to learn from any past mistakes.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

While the behavior of the invading Romans, Saxons Normans etc was reprehensible, there is no point in romanticizing tribal culture. Throughout the Americas prior to the invasion of Spain and England these cultures practiced brutal warfare, slavery and human sacrifice.

Moreover the genocidal replacement of one culture with another is not something unique to western civilization. It's the Marxist revisionists who try to create this self hate with regards to our civilization, when what they wish to replace it with has been responsible for slaughtering more people in the shortest amount of time than any other group. (e.g. Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.).

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by TrueBrit

While the behavior of the invading Romans, Saxons Normans etc was reprehensible, there is no point in romanticizing tribal culture. Throughout the Americas prior to the invasion of Spain and England these cultures practiced brutal warfare, slavery and human sacrifice.

Moreover the genocidal replacement of one culture with another is not something unique to western civilization. It's the Marxist revisionists who try to create this self hate with regards to our civilization, when what they wish to replace it with has been responsible for slaughtering more people in the shortest amount of time than any other group. (e.g. Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.).

True to some extent.. but people have always tried to manipulate other people by slanting the truth. And I agree, no sufficiently sized human civilization has ever been immune from corruption and vice. That being said, there is something to say for deep self-reflection as a culture and the careful and slow excise of what is keeping us back.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Your still ignorant of the truth of shamanism. You really have no idea. You think shamanism is only what they do tribaly or western versions of shamanic sects. The way of the shaman is the path of self sacrifice. I thought as a christian you would know this.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I have not romanticised the ways of tribalism. But in terms of thier environmental impact , truely aborigninal cultures , which have managed to remain un tainted by the modern way of life, live in a way which is significantly less impactful on the ecology into which these tribes fit.

If the systematic killing of these shaman IS the responsibility of this so called mayors brother, then the pair of them should face an international tribunal on human rights as quickly as possible, as they are involved in destroying an ancient way of life, which can NEVER be acceptable, wether one agrees with its doctrines or not.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Important news. But I'm inclined to think that because Shamans are "community leaders" - it's not the Protestants that did the dirty deeds. More likely the corporate interests, maybe oil, gas or water.

I'd say something big is about to go down in Peru, and someone needs the people to be 'leaderless.'

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I am a believer in God,and Jesus. However, I am not afraid to say that in my opinion, the removal of tribal druids from Britain by the invading , heretical catholic (spits violently) Romans, was the worst thing that ever happened to our culture here in the British Isles. One of the things I find so wonderful about the South American continent is its attatchment to its traditional culture,and the enduring nature of those natural, and comparatively innocent tribes and cultures.

I would urge any protestant zealot in the area to lay down his arms, and beg forgiveness from God for attempting to destroy the traditional way of life of a culture which unlike our own faith,has not been responsible for the genocide of millions upon millions of people. Evidently the people reponsible for this, if indeed religiously motivated zealots, must have difficulty spotting the log in thier own eyes , before complaining at the specks in those of thier brother man.

Not defending catholics but the romans who invaded britain were from the reigns of Tiberius and Claudius i.e. not catholic.

"Druids were considered as essentially non-Roman: a prescript of Augustus forbade Roman citizens to practice "druidical" rites. Pliny reports[28] that under Tiberius the druids were suppressed—along with diviners and physicians—by a decree of the Senate, and Claudius forbade their rites completely in AD 54.[29]"
en.wikipedia.org...

"Druidism was suppressed by the Roman government under the 1st-century emperors Tiberius and Claudius, and it disappeared from the written record by the 2nd century, although there were likely later survivals in the British Isles."
en.wikipedia.org...

<<   2 >>

join