It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld corrects himself on abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Rumsfeld corrects himself on abuse

Rummy must be living on a different planet, Has this guy not seen any of the photographs that the rest of the world and the President has seen,?
He lied on a radio talk show?

I have not seen anything thus far that says that the people abused were abused in the process of interrogating them or for interrogation purposes"

On Friday, the chief Pentagon spokesman, Lawrence Di Rita, sought to play down Rumsfeld's comments, saying, "He misspoke, pure and simple. But he corrected himself."more

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SauronOn Friday, the chief Pentagon spokesman, Lawrence Di Rita, sought to play down Rumsfeld's comments, saying, "He misspoke, pure and simple. But he corrected himself."more

I think this is reasonable. The Abu Ghraib situation was about as sickening as anything I have ever seen, if for no other reason than its stupidity. Those who would make it more than it is are not being rational.

Those who are responsible are being brought to justice and the nation has admitted a horrible embarrasment. Compare this to the actions of our enemies. Human nature is frail sometimes, but our system compensates gloriously.

[edit on 04/8/28 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

join