It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The JIC™-JUST-IN-CASE Series of Mossbrrg shotguns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

My Mossburg 500 is still stock, no mods as of yet. It is in the safe next to my remington 1100. For hunting, the 1100 has been my pick. Or the model 22 savage single shot. But for home and SHTF, the Mossburg will be with me.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decision

Cut a man in half?

That statement alone jeopardizes anything that comes after it.

Can you hit something with a pistol grip shotgun? Sure.

Are you as accurate or as quick with follow up shots? Not even close.

Pistol grips shotguns are often carried by the military for door breaching because they're typically a secondary weapon so the short length is nice for keeping it strapped to your gear. It's not because it works better than a shotgun with a stock.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Decision because: (no reason given)

Cutting a man in half is kind of like a figure of speech, sorry you didn't pick that up.

I stick by my point though, it has more uses than breaching doors and looking cool.
edit on 7-10-2011 by AngryAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
About cutting man in a half.
I own FABARM SDASS tactical shotgun:
www.fabarm.com...
really reliable, bought one for 800 bucks.
But the thing is i bought some bolo rounds also.
Maybe they can't cut the man into half, but it seems they have enough power to cut down young birch tree.
Nor recommended for armored burglars, only for crackheads.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Let me point out one thing...
this tube idea is useful only for storage........ I'll say that again... useful only for storage....

If I were a hone invader and saw you fumbling around trying to get your shotgun out of that tube I would rush you knock you down then beat you with the tube...

if you feel threatened your choice of weapons must be ready to hand.... in the top drawer of my bedside dresser I have one of these

with a toddler in my house I have to take extra precautions against little fingers... but I can still get to it in the wink of an eye

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Thats look cool, is it finger prints, key, or both? We have no "little ones" here, but still making the home safe is always a good thing..

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I love mossbergs myself. Being from the country, all we ever used was cheap shotguns.

I have a 20ga Daly right now, no 12 ga. (i also keep my Springfield Armory XD-45 tactical close to hand)

I also guarantee if you try to come in my door or window, you're gonna have one heck of a time.

Within 20-30 feet, I might not kill the guy, but he's gonna be hurting and hurting bad.

(ever tried thinking when you have 10-20 little holes all over you?)

Opinion---if you can't hipfire a shotgun and hit at 20-30 ft, you don't practice enough.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I got me a Mossberg model 88 12 gauge with the stock and it kicks like a son of a bitch. I have dreams frequently about ganking someone with it too.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldshooter1979

Thats look cool, is it finger prints, key, or both? We have no "little ones" here, but still making the home safe is always a good thing..

both... the finger pad requires batteries... kind of like a smoke alarm you have a long time between ...
it also has an alarm... you can hear if someone whop isn't supposed to open is trying too...

now if the batt does die the key opens it too...
there not cheap but worth every penny to keep my precious grand-baby safe...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Anything good like that would not come cheap. Last question, can the finger print reader be set up for two?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join