It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does the government find out whos working ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I was looking at the jobs report for October 2011 here: www.bls.gov...
And could not find the break down of who was hired for what.
In other words, how can I find out what new jobs were created and where ?
Does anyone know where this info can be found? I dont want to take the government's word on it, I want to discover for myself the companies that hired people. I feel that these numbers are jaded, for instance if a person is hired in an American company that happens to be located in india, does that count as a new job ?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

I'd be more interested to know how many jobs were LOST! I know people who were recently laid off. My guess is that the # laid off is higher than how many were created or equal.

I would also like to know where they obtain this data from. Is it from the IRS filing new W2's?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

My first thought would be to check the unemployment offices and see what kind of data you can get from them. Department of Labor is another possibility.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by R3KR

My first thought would be to check the unemployment offices and see what kind of data you can get from them. Department of Labor is another possibility.

I have been disheartened with the overall employment area for awhile, and think that it is nothing but a huge shell game. Think the system is designed so that it is almost impossible to gain any true idea of what is going on, unless you have an Enigma laying around somewhere.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Maybe ss# reported in for taxing and employment as well as unemployed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Funny thing about the Jobs report. It only includes those on unemployment. Not all the ones that fell off because they no longer qualified for benefits nor does it include young people trying to get jobs nor does it include persons that stopped working by choice..i.e SAHM, the elderly but were forced to find work to live in this economy but are unable to do so. My point is that there are far more UE'ed than the GOV wants you to know. IF you actually knew the real numbers perceptions would change. But we wouldn't want anyone to lose their narrow minded ideas...i.e Herman Cain.

Everything is fine, trust your Government they know what is best for you. Everything is okay. Go back to your lives, work, consume, sleep, and repeat until you die. Everything is fine.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chaakin

Well, in Sept 2011, most lay offs came from Bank of America, and US Army...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I want to find the opposite though. It could be the government just made some BS construction project to jade the figures. Conveniently they dont provide any drill down data.
edit on 7-10-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

I would guess it comes form the Social Security Wages reported. Employers have to pay EFTPS deposits at each payroll, and then file a form 940 every Quarter outlining the previous deposits made.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

You can go here to find out all economic data..

All U S Economic Data

ALL U S Employment Information

Job Openings & Turnovers

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

YES, the government does mess with the "numbers" to their liking you are right. I guess it would be useless to trust data from them which is my point.... I know they are fake, I want to find out where they got the 60K or so jobs from...

And yes the REAL unemployment rate is probably 20 - 30%

of course they lie, they are the same people that said the air was safe at ground zero, and that all the oil is cleaned up in the gulf, and dont get me started on the whole cross over BS where gov officials work both in corporations and the government.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by R3KR

You can go here to find out all economic data..

All U S Economic Data

ALL U S Employment Information

Job Openings & Turnovers

Hey Thanks!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well, as far as THEY are concerned, I've been homeless and unemployed my entire life.

Under the table and under the radar all the way.

top topics

join