It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why men are in trouble

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

(snip)

As for the job stuf, well women wanted an equal par with men so they got it, they wanted their independence so they got it, wante their own cash so they got it..... family life and relationships have fallen apart because of al these things...

I am one of those nice guys you chat about but i'm single and have no-one so you work it out.

Major T&C violation removed.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So when are the women going to start paying for dates?

Child support?

Change their own tires/ oil?

Learn how to calculate a TIP?

Learn how to leave a tip? (omg! I despise every woman that I ever served at a restaurant)

Learn how to cook for themselves?

Start holding doors open for men?

Stop chasing mens' money/ gold digging?

Etc, etc . . .

As women rise in power just expect more and more conformism to be imposed ,

OH! and men you better learn this fashion thing because when women get into power the WILL judge your work performance on your fashion sense

edit on 8-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: LoL

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The fact of the matter is, are we really happy this way?

I cannot speak for all women..but when I worked, and had to leave my kids at home with my mom, I was miserable. I felt that I was spending my days away from my kids and really bringing nothing in. I was laid off in 2010 because of the economy, and honestly, I have never been happier. I homeschool, I cook, I clean, I do the errands, my days are filled from stem to stern with all it takes to be a mom.
I have found my place. I feel as though I am doing what nature intended. You can call me behind the times, or crazy, or whatever.
My husband is pretty comfortable but we live well within our means. He is debt-free and has no bills other than rent and utilities. He works two jobs (of his own volition, not because he has to) as a scientist, and also teaches. We have our issues, but at least we know our roles.
I have two children, a daughter almost an adult, and a little boy. My daughter is well aware the "setup" of nowadays, where she is expected to get into debt up to her ears in her first few years of adulthood, to get a degree that may or not get her a job, to spend years of angst exploring her confused sexuality with young men that are years behind in maturity. Thankfully, she has set her own goals. She has worked hard to get where she is in schooling, is perfectly happy with community college, and is determined to not lose what is important to her as a woman until she has found a man with similar values. I wish I could have been as keen as her, as it would have saved me years of heartbreak and angst!
With my son, I am doing my best to teach him to be a REAL man, to respect women, but not to lose what makes him a male. It is all I can do, as his parent to try to prepare him for such a bizarre world.
When it comes down to it, how do I want to be remembered? As a mom who was seen a few hours each night, exhausted and cranky..or as the pillar of the family? My daughter will only benefit when she sees her own mother putting her family first, and showing her the old ways. Only then will she learn to expect (and only settle for) a man who is willing to support his family in love. My son will only benefit when he sees his first real example of a woman as a strong, loving parent that is always there for him. Only then will he learn the important respect for women, that they are not just bodies and sex objects.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You know, I for one welcome our new women overlords. Maybe they can do for the world where them greedy men failed.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I know a guy that said,"Take the woman out the workplace....................watch the GDP soar! "

I don't believe it ,but it was funny none the less.............................

Yes,im in a jovial mood right now...........

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This does sound feminist despite trying to be impartial with facts, the roles is which men were dominant became somewhat obselete a few hundred years ago with introduction of advanced farming techniques when food was no longer hunted but grown and controlled domestically.
If you go back you'll see that most ball sports were invented around this time they were invented because they were to compensate mens spatial skills which had little use, women however have been doing the same things since the dawn of our civilisation therefore will never go out of need or use which explains this 'dominance' in todays society.
I'm here all week by the way

It doesnt apply in as many cases as the bias writer says my partner makes a great deal more than me i dont find it very imasculating, we should move beyond primitive and ignorant attitudes from any individual.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So when are the women going to start paying for dates?
When I was working, I always paid for half of EVERYTHING.

Child support?
Even now, I have some of my own money and I pay for almost everything for my children, who live with me.

Change their own tires/ oil?
Haha..don't make me laugh! I have been doing this since I was sixteen! My husband does not even know how to do this!

Learn how to calculate a TIP?
Very easy. I tend to go with 20%, assuming the service was decent. The easiest way to calculate is to figure 10%, then double it.

Learn how to leave a tip? (omg! I despise every woman that I ever served at a restaurant)
I am actually the one that has to tell my husband how to tip at a restaurant. If he leaves too little, I slip in my own cash.

Learn how to cook for themselves?
Once again, HAHAHA! My mom was the best cook I have met, and passed this on to me, as also my daughter. I will see you with my Kitchen-Aid, and raise you with a set of genuine Mauviel!

Start holding doors open for men?
Been doing this since I can remember, and usually without a thank-you from either men or women.

Stop chasing mens' money/ gold digging?
Don't even get me started here. Here is how it works: You want a woman, yes? Well, in the old days, you used to actually have to give something to get something. You would provide for a woman, and in turn, she would run your household like a boss. Somewhere along the way, most likely with the "feminist movement", women were taught just to "give it up" to men, that sexuality was something we should all do freely, without limits or thoughts to our actions. The problem is, that is not how women work. Sexuality is something very important to women. Giving that very important part of ourself does not come simply. Is it any wonder that women are so confused now, with societal norms? And now, we have men that expect women to give it up because they snap their fingers, and no longer have to work for it. They can have one-night stands, several women at once, and don't need to commit to a thing. This makes men think of women as easy, brainless and unimportant.
As far as gold-digging, well let's take a quick look at the animal kingdom, shall we? Men LOVE to give the excuse of cheating as "It's a man thing..we are animals, we can't help it..in the wild, the males have sex with whatever females they like."
EXCEPT
If you can use the animal excuse, let's apply this to women as well. In the wild, women seek out the strongest of the species, the best looking, the most colorful. Why? Because it will help to ensure that their offspring are thriving and healthy. So as women, although we do not tend to put as much of importance as men do in terms of looks, it is still important to us that we hook up with a man that we understand will be able to father us healthy children, and that these children will be provided for. That is hardly gold-digging. So funny, how many men want their women to be skinny, beautiful, young blondes that will only produce children on cue, will allow them their affairs and understand that is "just being a man", that will work to support him and the family or be rich already and still take care of all the cooking and cleaning!
But we as women, because we don't want a guy living in his parent's basement at age 35, playing video games all day, and MAYBE looking for work..we are golddiggers, right?
Unfortunately so many of us have forgotten our most basic roles. You can argue that I am wrong, but in the end..I accepted that as a woman, I am only happy BEING a woman, not a woman trying to be a man. Are you happy? I want a man that is a man. One that accepts that he provides for us, and that in turn, I work miracles for him. My husband did not fully appreciate all I did until he stayed home on vacation for 2 weeks and saw everything I did for the day..he was in awe! He said he fully understood now just how much I do, without complaint.

edit on 8-10-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Take this personal much?

I suggest you walk around a college campus and strike up some conversations with the current generation.

If you want to use the animal excuse you should know that being colorful (covered in peacock feathers for example) is actually a handicap in the natural world. It shows that they can get by even with a handicap.

However dressing nice means nothing in a civilized community in regards to health or survivability.
edit on 8-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

But I am personally biased as I don't think any woman wants equality and that what she actually wants is superiority (the whole feminist movement).
edit on 8-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Who is smarter the woman or the man.

The woman who has a natural role to be a provider for children who wants to enslave herself to a job so she can prove that she can buy all the material possessions she wants. Now that she has become a slave to work her family, children and marriage come second to the material possessions that the slave owners are dangling in front of her. Let’s see what’s happened to her family

Women twice as likely to suffer depression as men.
Suicide the number three cause of death in teens.
Teen sex numbers and the way the dress, act is alarming.
Pre teen yes pre teen depression numbers are rising.
Divorce rate is alarming
Children being raised without fathers at home alarming.
Homosexuality is growing at staggering rates.

The man is simply giving up because they can’t find the women they really want. So they sit at home until 35 playing video games because the thought of going to college, working there behind off, then loosing half of everything they worked for just isn’t motivating enough, especially when there are so many women willing to spend the night with them. Sure a teen boy loves the promiscuous, going to college, sending my kids to daycare, don’t know how to cook girl. But does a man want this type of woman?

No most men want a woman who wants equal ethical treatment but still understands how to be a submissive partner. He is looking for his compliment not his equal. Men do not want the woman to be stronger, smarter, and more assertive. This is not a character flaw in men we were made to be this way, up until the last few hundred years this is simply the way it was.

Instead of fighting for equal ethical treatment women fought to be treated like men. Well now that you act more like a man most of us don’t want you. We want a beautiful fragile woman who needs a man to take care of her and the family. And one who is strong enough to voice her opinion and take care of the family. Funny thing is most women actually want a strong man to take care of them, as long as he is compassionate enough to value her opinion.

The problem is we have taught our male children to be less masculine and are female children that they can be men. And you wonder why we have gender identity issues. Women and men are different and it’s my opinion that the majority of our issues when it comes to marriage and our children is due to this equality that women wanted. Well you have it, how does it feel to be a slave to money? Do you like all the shiny things you have? Do you care that your children are being raised by strangers? Do you care that you kids are more likely to commit suicide, have sex as a teenager, experiment with drugs and alcohol, have gender identity issues, more likely to experiment with homosexuality, and not have their father living at home? Do you care that your marriage is not likely to last more than 5-10 years?

For those of you that don’t believe in Adam and Eve here is a little something for you.

Eve was tempted with knowledge and the ability to me more than she was made to be. Isn’t it great how the serpent never changes his ways. Yes women you have more book knowledge and you are essentially mans equal in most every way. Does this make you happier? Depression statistics don't seem to say so.

Adam sat there and watched. Well men we sit there and play video games.

Maybe the answer is that we have never changed and we are both just as stupid as ever. Men should have stood up and been men but we just sat and watched. Women should have been comfortable doing their natural role raising children but they wanted more. But we are and always will be flawed just like our parents Adam and Eve.

edit on 8-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

That was beautifully said. I think we basically just said the same thing. If I wasn't married I would have to ask you on a date. A woman who wants to be a woman who is looking for a real man, I wasn’t sure anyone else shared my views. Do you think anyone from 15-25 has any clue what this means? They are so confused.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I think more men our discovering the futility of our society faster than women. Women are buying into the system where men are realizing we are slaves to money. Let the women slave on until she realizes she is an ant in an ant farm. Who can honestly say they would rather work than play video games? Now I don't have kids, so that might skew my opinion a bit, but our American society is turning into trash. Thanks to Money and Religion.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a sick society"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Letmypeoplego

I think more men our discovering the futility of our society faster than women. Women are buying into the system where men are realizing we are slaves to money. Let the women slave on until she realizes she is an ant in an ant farm. Who can honestly say they would rather work than play video games? Now I don't have kids, so that might skew my opinion a bit, but our American society is turning into trash. Thanks to Money and Religion.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a sick society"

Notice that 44% of the women owned game consoles

Notice that 39% of the men owned game consoles

Now I think you may really be on to something here.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

I missed the link on that info. No matter. I have a Wii and I haven't played it in 6 months easy. So what's the point?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I can't really speak for the article in the OP because I can't relate. I'm the breadwinner, I clean up after my wife, I do the cooking, I put my kids to bed, I take them to school and pick them up, I don't play video games, and I work my tail off. My wife? She never lifts a finger like she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, she spends money like it's water, and never puts in equal or her fair share. I still love my wife to death but the article presented in the OP seems backwards to me.

I'm 35 and my wife is 40 and I'm more responsible and more grown up. I hope she never reads this!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by MasterGemini

I missed the link on that info. No matter. I have a Wii and I haven't played it in 6 months easy. So what's the point?

Girls play more games than boys
www.bit-tech.net...

The new survey however suggests that the majority of console owners are actually women.
. . .
A massive 44 percent of women in the survey said that they owned a games console right now, compared to only 39percent of men. A lot of this is being put down to the Nintendo Wii by industry analysts

Where you mentioning the wii because you knew exactly which article I was referring to?

This kinda, maybe, sorta undermines the claims of the author of the article wouldn't you think?

The main point is that blaming the problem on video games sounds like a cop out. I think there are many reasons that males are not acting how a female may think a man should act.

Males and females all seem to have absurd notions of what a man or woman is and men are less conformist so they 'opt-out' of the system rather than slave away to make some chick happy.

LoL you know its bad when people can't even speak to each other.

When was the last time you tried to speak with a woman before (midway through your sentence) she is looking at her facebook phone and responding to some text?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Its a whole combination of things. Women getting into the work force TPTB got them in so they could tax the whole population instead of just half.Single mothers and family break up. Mothers trying to teach their sons how to be a man which turns out to be the whimpy emotional the oh so romantic types (promoted in movies) who turn out to be stomped on by women.One comedian said if you had a 50/50 chance of getting killed crossing the road would you do it, he was refering to marriage. There is no real benefit for men to get married and are made to feel that way with the whole divorce thing and no matter what men lose half of their stuff and alimony(almost paying for a life time in some places ). Now people are getting married later and fewer children ,not the whole football team thing like mormons.I think it is a plan to break families up which breaks society up and so on instead of pulling together (the sexes) now we are against each other. IMO

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
I can't really speak for the article in the OP because I can't relate. I'm the breadwinner, I clean up after my wife, I do the cooking, I put my kids to bed, I take them to school and pick them up, I don't play video games, and I work my tail off. My wife? She never lifts a finger like she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, she spends money like it's water, and never puts in equal or her fair share. I still love my wife to death but the article presented in the OP seems backwards to me.

I'm 35 and my wife is 40 and I'm more responsible and more grown up. I hope she never reads this!

Personally... I'm betting you enjoy the role you're currently playing because it gets you lots of sympathy... makes your wife look like a total jerk... and makes you the martyr. You two are probably two peas in a pod.

edit on 8-10-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I read a few responses and found myself a little irritated, but then went back to the OP. Now if men are in trouble like the article states then the easy thing to do is to point fingers and play the blame game OR just accept that things are changing and and that if you don't grow and adapt then you will die off. (figuratively speaking)

Now I am a stay at home mom of four boys and not only do I get no pay, I get almost no appreciation. I get a some from my husband and kids, but even in today's society there seems to be the general opinion that being a stay at home parent has no real value. In the past a good percentage of men had no appreciation or understood the value of women when they were in that role of nurturing caretaker. I saw plenty of men degrade and devalue a woman's role as mom, nurturer, caretaker, ect... Because they maybe saw themselves working differently, more physically and deemed it more valuable. Now if you grow up with this attitude towards this role you are supposed to be in, what exactly is the motivation to continue it? Why on earth would I want to be a homemaker/stay at home mom if the men around me had such a low opinion of my 'role'? You would see men with high paying jobs, living nicer lives, having more things, stuff, looked happier, ect.. And as I already said, they put more value on what they did so there for at some level it was 'better' to be like them and less like women. So as a girl I grew up thinking homemaker was somehow lesser. Less valuable, less worthwhile, less less less...

Now somehow after a few decades people are surprised that women are not readily jumping into the roles of the past? The roles of the past that men treated with such disrespect? It's not rocket science! Of course women wanted something more, something better! I learned from a very young age that no I could depend on myself and that only I was responsible for how I turned out. HOWEVER, I chose to live my life with my husband, I chose to share it with him not out of a need, but a desire to share. I wanted to be a mom, all my life and I have been a stay at home mom for 14 years now. I do it because I know my boys will be raised better if I do it. However, when they are grown then my life will once again change. It was never and will never be my goal in life to be a housewife. I don't know a single woman who's life goal is to be a caretaker, nurturer to a full grown man who is capable of doing for himself. Although I'm sure such women may exist still.. somewhere. I am a strong opinionated red head who knew/knows what she wants. Before I even said yes to marriage we sat down and discussed what we wanted out of life. I made it very clear that my goal was to have kids, be a stay at home mom, raise my kids and so on. I had things very planned out and I felt it was only fair to my potential spouse that he knew and was kosher with it all. I was very blessed that we had very similar goals, that he supported mine and I supported his. If for whatever reason he wasn't ok with it then I would have moved on and done it on my own without him! I was raised to believe I could do anything and be anything and that what you became was not dependent on anyone but yourself. Gender issues never even crossed my mind, it was about being responsible for your own life and not waiting for someone else to make that life you wanted for you.

When my kids are grown I will be one of those working women surpassing men, not because I am out to be better than a man, but because I am out to be the best me I can be. If they are being surpassed well then maybe they need to accept responsibility and get a move on if they want better. Just as I will make myself from a lowly stay at home mom to something more successful, I believe that any man out there can make a good life for themselves if they want it. I refuse to take the blame for men declining because by doing so it would make women succeeding some how a fault as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I can testify to this 100%. You have just summarized what my marriage was. My 38 year old husband was actually more like 17. He was unmotivated, apathetic, lazy and fueled on inertia only. I am now separated and finished with man boys. Sadly, I see this has become the trend in many relationships. The wife takes on the role of husband, wife, mother and is left in truth without a partner managing everything.

The deception is rampant at the beginning. After marriage the truth becomes evident and at that point you already know your doomed. What becomes very clear is that you are alone in the marriage doing everything while he doesn't even care the level of neglect he is imposing on you and the marriage. Reality seems to be too much for this generation and they only seek escape covering and hiding illness and non-development.

It is utterly tragic because of how the consquences will impact every area of life and society. At least I am free of this now because it was truly agony and cruel. The realization of falling in love with an illusion that was never there and living in that world of loneliness is a hard wake up call.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
Its a whole combination of things. Women getting into the work force TPTB got them in so they could tax the whole population instead of just half.Single mothers and family break up. Mothers trying to teach their sons how to be a man which turns out to be the whimpy emotional the oh so romantic types (promoted in movies) who turn out to be stomped on by women.One comedian said if you had a 50/50 chance of getting killed crossing the road would you do it, he was refering to marriage. There is no real benefit for men to get married and are made to feel that way with the whole divorce thing and no matter what men lose half of their stuff and alimony(almost paying for a life time in some places ). Now people are getting married later and fewer children ,not the whole football team thing like mormons.I think it is a plan to break families up which breaks society up and so on instead of pulling together (the sexes) now we are against each other. IMO

Just to reassure you, many women get screwed over in divorces too. My best friend just finally divorced her husband. He was physically abusive unfortunately, but he made out better financially speaking in the divorce. He makes 90K a year, but they didn't count all of it in the divorce proceedings. He has a couple of hours visitation a week. She works her ass off, does all the parenting and only got a few hundred dollars. On top of that he gets to write the kids off on his taxes. Now why on earth should he be able to do that if he isn't actually parenting? So he physically abuses his wife, leaves her for the girl he had been cheating on her with for years it turns out, doesn't hardly pay anything for his children to be raised.. he has it made!

Honest to god if I knew then what I know now, I would never in a billion years get married. And this comes from someone who has been married for 17 years now. Where is the incentive? I would probably still share my life with my now husband, but I would never marry. And I will advise my four boys that if they get married, never do it without a pre-nuptual. I would teach my daughters the same if I had one. Hell I'll make a huge push for pre nups to any of my sons and the women they want to marry.

If only people would not be so defensive and realize that we don't necessarily need each other, but it can be a mutually beneficial arrangement if we shared our lives. Without trying to take away from who the other person is. We can choose to share our lives without expecting everything. I think all too often we get married for what the other person can give us instead of getting married with the idea of simply sharing our lives with another person.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join