It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why men are in trouble

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I have to admit it , I'm a sensitive man, I'm quite glad that I can get in touch with my emotions and can cry at a film. I want to be a feeling human being not denying emotions for fear it will make me look week. I want to be able to empathize with other's, it makes for a more fulfilling life. Macho BS is not really for me. I'm pretty secure with the man I have become, I have nothing to prove.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Actually, the forced stay at home mom was a societal role.

Those 50s housewives you are dreaming of? Were really quite miserable.

Mothers Little Helper by the Rolling Stones is about this very problem.
That the women who had to raise children, cook, clean the house and have an ungrateful family demand their every second, had to resort to drugs to get through the day.

Fact is, women are now working and doing more. it is not that the role for men has changed, they have refused to change their role.

Women do want the household to be more equal. Women have been raising families and being left by men for secretaries to find they have to keep raising children and have to work two minimum wage jobs because they didn't have the experience to get a better job.

What we see is that beliefs about gender matter," she says. "Beliefs about this egalitarian notion of women and men sharing equal responsibility for paid work and household tasks matter differently for cohabiting men than it does for married men

usatoday.com

Now there will be husbands who say I do blah blah blah. But the majority of the time when women have to do far more is often commonplace and frequently complained about by women.

Things are not equal, they are still skewed.
But now the modern society allows women to leave the men who insist on sitting on their duffs while the women do everything.

Men are far more gratified with their marriages then women are for this reason.

the societal problem? Men still need to catch up and learn to become equal partners.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence
It's funny how there are so many paradigms of awareness and corresponding conspiracies on this planet... Ah, duality is fun... what a trip we signed up for... and it's just about to get good.

While I'm here, the 33rd Masonic lesson is: God and the Devil are one.

Ummm.........Hence the Logos, the dissolution of dualism. If the individual is ONE, then recognition of ones nature as a whole being dissolves the seperation of male/female, yin/yang, yada/yada...
I ken that you grok this...as gnosis waits for Gnosis.........on the far side...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Another thread where insecure women vent their frustration at males and promote their false sense of superiority over men in an effort to demonstrate society does not need men anymore.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

There's a lot to be said for just being who you are, and being comfortable in your own skin regardless of how others think you ought to be, isn't there?

I can neither fault you nor criticize you for being who you are. My job is to just accept that you are you, and I'm not. I can't find a problem with that. I'm a fairly basic Neanderthal model (no disrespect to any real Neandethals reading this - not trying to hog your lime light or anything). I don't do sports, as they seem to be a supreme waste of time to me, but other folks like them, so who am I to judge? On the other hand, all I really want to do these days is kill a wildebeest or two per week, scratch, belch, and maybe smoke a cigar every now and then in my drawers. Not much else to do - women can handle the rest.

If they want anything more out of me, well, ya gotta give a little to get a little. Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy belching, grunting, and walking along dragging my knuckles. I think giving up my whole paycheck to my roomate is going above and beyond the call of duty, considering what I get back out of her for it, which is a warm meal a day, no one has kicked me out into the street, and no one bothers me if I fall asleep on the sofa.

Unless I'm smoking a cigar at the time.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

So by your admission, men have absolutely no faults, no problems, no discrimination, and behave perfectly for every second of every day?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Good chance the father is out working to pay for the mother and son to be at a soccer game.

Gotta pay for the car to get there, the gas, insurance, maintenance of the vehicle annual registration and inspection. The fee to be on the sports league and the uniform, insurance, and food. Food at home for the whole family at least three times a day. The house, and all of it's upkeep, mortgage, taxes, maintenance, and insurance.

As a father who never went to college and spent 24 years working 60+ (at times over 80) hours a week and once 3 jobs to pay the bills I was also the Soccer coach for three seasons for my sons and 4 years as a scout leader.

There were many years of my kids life when I was at work and had to miss a lot of great moments, especially their high school years.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
well my 17 year old son is defiantly a man . In collage Yea already) airo engineering .
Plans to work in the states a few years then get on one of the company's that do gov contracts and will be making in excess of 300k a year.
But you think for a minte he will be looking for his wife here in the US?
Nope he plans to find a forien woman for that. Why you mite wonder Because my son is a man more importantly hes a smart man . Do you think he wants to invest 10 years off his life to a woman here who will only in the end say there my kids you did nothing but 30 seconds? O and half of every thing you worked for is mine now to?
Nope you wanted independence now you ladys got it . Treat men like garbage and wonder why they dont stick around ?
take them for every thing they got . The sooner The US falls back to earth the better off the world will be.My son doest cheat on his woman > my son treats them as he wants to be treated and wile i cant say he prefect he does alest look at him self and try to improve him self.
You know what he told me last night. he took a girl out to the fair and she spent the whole time trying to get down his pants ((and you say men are this way?? )) all the time hes wanting someone to date not just someone to have sex. Finly just tells her no thanks . Looks her up on facebook and what do you know shes already involved with a few other guys .And you think theres something wrong with men? lol
Nope I raised my son well he will make a good father and a good husband maybe some nice Russian girl who would love the chance for a good life would jump at the chance .
OO sexas is it? humm well after your 5th divorce my son will still be marred 40 years later to her.
Yea you equaled your self all right . now 90% or you are just as low as 90% of the men .

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Well surely you mean white males cause since then blacks have been able to go to collage more than before.
What part of this do you not find planned.
Its obvious to me that tptb knew it would be easier to move toward 1worldorder with someone else in charge.
Men this is a blessing we get to miss all the brain washing and take a break before the final act.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Women do want the household to be more equal. Women have been raising families and being left by men for secretaries to find they have to keep raising children and have to work two minimum wage jobs because they didn't have the experience to get a better job.
reply to post by nixie_nox

In reality the woman kicked out the man and the state makes him pay everything and takes away his children.
Lets just count our blessings that we could import russias family laws like alimony child support and restraining orders.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Have the college statistics been balanced with opting for the military instead? I'm encouraging my son to join the Air Force first because I can't afford college (if he chooses not to join up, I'll encourage him to work and save to be able to go).

That said, I'm honked off by the "requirement" for college degrees in my chosen profession. Getting work without an MA is difficult. At the same time, my abilities correspond to an MA level. I can't see going two years with major expense to learn what I can teach myself in a quarter of the time. Structured education is for people who can't plan or learn by themselves.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Im not sure it comes down to 'women are smartest'. I seem to think that women have more 'patience' with irritation when it comes to problem solving. They seem to see the 'grey' area in most situations and start there to analyse things carefully hence being 'two steps ahead'. . Perhaps, Men think more in Black and White - ie. See problem - must fix it. Females look at problems from all angles to find the most PRACTICAL solution. So I just see women as more practical and patient to deal with the nitty gritty issues and I think that elevates them in performance.

As women are child bearers as has been pointed out, bringing up children takes a lot of psychology, patience and self control and a quick mind to solve problems in good ways. Maybe this is why women are being deemed smart when its down to tactical ways of looking at things and being able to approach issues more calmly?

OR maybe not?
edit on 8-10-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: typo

edit on 8-10-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
home.hiwaay.net...reply to post by Robbnn

Im not the smartest at collage stuff but i believe if you have the knowledge you can take a bar exam?
edit on 8-10-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ELEVATOR7

I can attest to that. My ex(we get along just fine) is much better with things like programming a remote, whatever, because she has the patience to stick with it. Me on the other hand, "Screw it. Not worth my time."

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Man's response has been pathetic. Today, 18-to- 34-year-old men spend more time playing video games a day than 12-to- 17-year-old boys. While women are graduating college and finding good jobs, too many men are not going to work, not getting married and not raising families. Women are beginning to take the place of men in many ways.

It seems hard to believe it but when I think about it, it is perhaps not unbelievable. I don't think it can be doubted that by and large, we women have done very well for ourselves!! But advance of women shouldn't necessarily mean decline of men...right? Surely there is a way for us all to be our very best selves, whatever our gender.

There is a lot to talk about this issue: Is it a valid point to make in the first place? If so, why? What are the causes? What if anything should be done? As a woman I hope to be a mother someday; if I have boys I will have to think about how to raise them and what it means to bring up a man in this society.

Simple.

Instead of putting up with the feminist movement, (women wanting power), men have decided to seek out other things in life. Sure, women are still apart of the equation; however, why would a guy want to marry a female who is overly empowered?

Women with intelligence. - Cool
Women with equal pay. - Cool
Women with voting rights. - Cool

Allowing a man to be masculine. - Cool
Allowing a woman to be overly masculine. - Turn-Off

Promoting feminine traits in men. - Uncool

Women holding positions of authority. - Turn-Off
Women holding political positions. - Turn-Off

Women who want to seek power instead of family building. - Turn-Off
Women who focus on a career instead of family building. - Turn-Off

Let men be masculine, and let women be feminine.

As a result of women seeking extreme empowerment, brought on by the feminist movement, men have decided to take their time in seeking the perfect female counterpart.

Personality Test:
Buffy Summers (masculine traits) versus Piper Halliwell (feminine traits) - Piper Halliwell wins.

edit on 10/8/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The 'Women are naturally smarter' argument always has me falling about laughing.

Would a man have been conned into having two full time roles in life?

Women were conned into believing that in having children and a home to look after AND also going out to work full time they were being liberated. What kind of fool believes that if they do TWO jobs badly (after all it is impossible to be in two places at once) they were being liberated. Women are easy to flatter, easy to con and very easy to persualde to do silly things ie having two full time jobs.

IF a man had been offered liberation in the form of TWO full time jobs he would have said' !$!£' off!

My ex daughter in law, who I still see, tells me that men are no longer necessary but just an 'accessory' in life.

Well, if men were an accessory why is it that she gets to live off the state completely with other people's, predominantly men's taxes, after all they still earn more than most women, supporting her?

I still don't here any women's liberationists screaming to be allowed to be a miner never mind do the real heavy work that the majority of men have to do. Let's not fall for the lie that most men are unemployed and scroungers.....they are NOT!

So , yes, men ARE in trouble, but mainly because they mothers, sisters, daughters etc are not particularly bright and are easily flattered into believing that their 'secretarial', shop assistant, call centre jobs make the world go round when really our hard working men make the world go round.

Sorry girl friends, but we have to be realistic here and WE have been conned by some very clever Men at the top of the food chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by ELEVATOR7

I can attest to that. My ex(we get along just fine) is much better with things like programming a remote, whatever, because she has the patience to stick with it. Me on the other hand, "Screw it. Not worth my time."

I started noticing something when I was a kid. Depending on what area of the country I'm located... there are times that I've noticed an electronic fog that seems to block one's problem solving abilities... and is actually capable of putting them in various emotional/psychic states. I've long suspected that TPTB have actually figured out a way to do this as a type of security system to block intelligence gathering. I am totally serious here. A portable IRON CURTAIN with a remote off/on switch... so to speak embedded in all of us. I believe that men have different frequency sensitivities than women... and they function best at their own specific frequency.
edit on 8-10-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by shushu
I believe that men have different frequency sensitivities than women... and they function best at their own specific frequency.

BUT they function even better when used in tandem. A team as it were. Wouldn't you say?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

You are correct. There is something going on.

There are still plenty of us adult males that are still VERY male and take care of our families

(yesterday was my wife and I's 16th!!!!! love her as much now as then! )

but there are social and environmental issues at work. The are (seemingly) directed at the youth.

This would be one.

Anyone remember this ad?

www.foxnews.com...

Disgusting. This does NOT make for a masculine boy. Mothers of this type disgust me to no end. If they want a daughter, "have one" or adopt!

I had a thread dealing with this. Ahhhh the sociopathic lefties that attacked!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then we have television and some schools promoting (recruiting?) for kids to experiment and be gay.

Then we have the environmental issues of what is in our food and water.

I dont know how many times I've seen male teens that were more female than male in appearance...emo's...

I dont know exactly why the PTB are "changing" males. Afraid of us? Who knows.

I would be in need of "personal maintenance" if I saw an army of women like my wife coming after me!!!!!

edit on 8/10/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by shushu
I believe that men have different frequency sensitivities than women... and they function best at their own specific frequency.

BUT they function even better when used in tandem. A team as it were. Wouldn't you say?

So long as their purpose wasn't designed to be destructive in nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join