It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why men are in trouble

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

Men AND women are in trouble. Drop the women's lib will you! Women today don't have much choice but to both work and raise a family fulltime while men are running from their responsibilities.

There are still alot of good men in this world but I'm afraid the scales are tipping in the opposite direction.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's funny how there are so many paradigms of awareness and corresponding conspiracies on this planet... Ah, duality is fun... what a trip we signed up for... and it's just about to get good.

While I'm here, the 33rd Masonic lesson is: God and the Devil are one.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You know what.. my dad was a stay-at-home-dad he cooked, cleaned and raised us. My mom was a business woman always away. I would not mind being a stay at home dad married to a woman who makes enough money for the whole family hah.

Lions basically do this. They hang out with the cubs while the lioness goes hunting and brings back food. I think we are entering an age where the individual, not gender or race define your life course and options. Who cares. Live your life the way you want.
edit on 10/7/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Stupid article designed to start trouble. I hate when people try to separate women and men so much.
Anyway here's what IGN thought of the article, I think they did a good job pointing out how stupid the article was.

His most egregious argument is that men and women are locked in some sort of mortal combat for college grades, fancy jobs and worthy hobbies. Men, he argues, must be the losers because women have better lives.

Laughably, he serves up proof of his thesis with anecdotal evidence of desperate women in search of "decent single men". Because, yeah, this is an entirely modern phenomenon that never occurred to the Ancient Greek poets, Shakespeare, Jane Austen ya-de-ya.

Just a reminder folks, this guy was in charge of U.S. education.

Bennett uses games as a catch-all 'bad thing' ignoring the fact that it's merely part of the fabric of modern life, has many social uses and offers people a welcome release from our stressful and / or humdrum lives, as well as a sense of achievement and progression. He makes zero mention of the fact that women make up around 50% of games players or that the fastest growing sector of the population playing games is adult women.

Bennett is the latest in a long line of commentators who believe that the world's ills can be blamed on something that's new and unfamiliar. He says his problem is with games, but if you read between the lines, it's clear that what he really doesn't like, is people.

He is the worst kind of social critic; one who does not understand society.

More at link uk.games.ign.com...

edit on 7-10-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Maybe the human species is going the way of the animal kingdom. Don't the female species provide for the males?

Bring it on baby, my job stresses me out! I'll stay home, clean the house and cook dinner for my wife. I would thoroughly enjoy not having to deal with the hassles, stress and political environment of my work place.

Honey, how do you want your steak, medium, rare or well done? How was work today?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Yup, this is all part of the plan. I will bring this up, but its the only thing I can explain this problem. Who do you think was able to bring down Adam in the garden of Eden? The serpent or Devil wasnt able to directly. So he had to go through Eve, and to use her to bring down man. This is exactly whats going on, women seem to be rising up, but really its men that are falling. Women havent moved up in the world if you would put them on a scale, its just that men are becoming weaker, effeminate, docile, stupid, slower you name it, its happening. And its going to get worse, and eventually women will be the dominant sex because males are taking the biggest hit from Satan's big evil scheme, and its working like planned.

The world is run by evil wicked men, who are being led around by demonic spirits, under their leader Satan. Satan had it for man since the beginning and hated the best creation of Yahuwah with all his power amd being. He envied man, and wants to do anything he can to destroy him. I will say, its amazing we made it this far, I mean men being the leaders, the dominant sex, the decision makers, the stronger ones. But it seems its a ticking time bomb and its going to explode very soon. And then look out, its gonna be one wake up that most will not be expecting.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vorlon128 Differences in IQ
I can think of several legit reasons why women wouldn't be in the same high-end cerebral jobs as men, or are less willing to take IQ tests over emotional tests, without discrimination or an actual deviance playing a part. In fact, some of it is in:

Is It Good to Be Gifted?

Also, I remember this:

Their thoughts may come faster than they can write - so there is often a disconnect between how they think and what they produce on paper. This could lead a teacher to group gifted children with students of much lower ability, thus frustrating the child further.
Still think way faster than I write...but I speak far faster than I censor.

Anyway, the only real issue I have with the whole muttering about women being smarter:
There's little proof that women are smarter than men, or the other way around. But there is a consistency in women usually marrying/dating men who are "dumber" than they are. Like every generalisation, there are exceptions.

For instance: IQ wise, I have more points than my husband (not enough for me to care about). Depending on where you place the genius level IQ threshold, I'm either at or above that level. At the same time, I'm faster at quips, I spend most of my time running mental circles around him, but I was never in the gifted program for my mind, unlike my husband. My mother, who has an impressive IQ (no questioning whether she is a genius), is smarter than my father--the arrogant man admits to it. I'd guess roughly 80% of married couples I know are like this.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What? Is the battle of the sexes thing still going on? Why would I have to watch out? This article almost seems to put the thought in the readers head that since women are catching up they'll try oppressing us or something silly like that. Its the same line of thinking with racist. Can' we stop competing against each other based on gender or race and start working together?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

There is a lot to talk about this issue: Is it a valid point to make in the first place?

There is a lot to talk about in this issues, and it is a valid point to make. But its all just a bunch of bull # me thinks, really people are people no matter the gender..Though the definitions and trapping's of the different genders will define the points they want to make.

If so, why?

Because the times, they are a changing.

It's just a symptom and effect of the greater scope of things.

There is even a song about it.

What are the causes?

The nature of things, and the nature of this universe, believe it or not it all reflects in the human world and minds. So things move away from each-other, and some things collide with each other, even the galaxies reflect this as you can see. And all eventually will lead to a singularity no matter what path they take.

What if anything should be done?

Nothing, it all leads to the same place eventually no matter what they want or do. So do as you will Partygirl, because the only thing that matters is just the path you take. In fact it ain't the destination that you should be worried about, its the journey you take.

“Life is a journey, not a destination.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

So should we be concerned?

Touchy subject Partygirl, And oh yes this war has just begun. Though its not really a war, more like.... Well people are people so why should it be? You know how the rest of the song goes.

Are men really falling behind?

No, the whole paradigm is changing though.

And I for one am seriously thinking of working toward ending the whole thing. Because lets be serious it ain't all that great and never was, but it shall be tried and we shall see. And if it is found greatly lacking....Then to hell with it, time to move on to something else. Or not! Who knows, we will see.

The whole thing is something to seriously look at ladies and gentlemen. But do not let them fool you even though they say it is a conscious mass choice... It is not. It is a individual choice and an individual journey. These fools are always trying to put everything into a little box, that says "good for all" or "bad for all" or "this is the way it should be done" or even "this is the truth and the way" But all of those things do not exist, only in there heads and there fish bowl do those things exist.

And really it has not worked yet, nor will it. Now there trying to turn the whole paradigm of relationships into something that everybody can "buy" into, kind of like going to McDonald's and having it your way.
Which just means having it there way.

Oh and don't even get me started on video games, and the people who diss them. Because really video-games and a few other such things are pretty much the only things really worth even sticking around this place called society. In fact I have old video game consoles around in the closet somewhere, that gave me more fun and lasted longer, then most peoples marriages do.

Besides there are lots of female gamer's though not as much a male gamer's yet. And even this site has been infiltrated by a bunch of females over the past year or so. I'f I didn't know any better I would say that there might actually be some females on the internet. But I know better then that. The majority are still is agents of all kinds, with all kinds of agendas on there lists.

So ya the whole CNN article is bunk.

And so! there is no problem what so ever, everything is going as it should go. I still dont even know what the whole "man up" thing is supposed to mean, that they all go on spouting about, and really they suck at expressing what they mean, because it makes no sense whatsoever.....Besides I could care less what they think.

"No really! I really will care less, even more so then I already do. About what they think."

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

it's about time women stepped up to the plate.

i'm all for equality.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Oh I cry for the males. They play video games. They fix stuff sometimes, watch sports, and mow lawns. Oh and the women, i cry for them too. What the hell did you do to your hair this week? What are you driving now? That's what you're doing with your money? Anyways. . . . It's a good situation: If females graduate high school and want to be surrounded by men and masculinity, they can join the military. If males graduate high school and want to be surrounded by women and femininity, they go to a college or university.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I can't agree with the conclusions drawn here:

Men are also less religious than ever before. According to Gallup polling, 39% of men reported attending church regularly in 2010, compared to 47% of women.

First of all, going to Church doesn't necessarily make one "religious", and not attending does not make one "not religious". Also women live longer than men in general and widowed elderly women make up a good percentage of most congregations.

The rest seems pretty much straight-forward, and in addition (at least in my area) there is currently more employment available for women. With few exceptions however, the men in this area make more money.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Yes there is a disconnect for me as I am not religious but spiritual.
I have no reason to believe in their dogma but I have to somehow make sense of the world I percieve.
Why do I "know" the things I do, even though that knowing does not have an base in my percieved reality.

I can feel it in my bones, all the lives of trudging in the coalmines, hunting, farming. I can feel all these lives and think how I must have felt then. How I must have looked at my loved one and felt "no, this world is still not ready". To feel that you have to make way for the generations to come, for future men and women to know a more fulfilling tomorrow.

Can a Woman fend for herself in a world with no technology, no way of being safe. Can she walk the woods in the night hopefull of not being attacked, mauled by beasts unseen? No, they cant. The reason why men have had to work so hard until now is to make way for the women. Now its time for women to forsake themself and grow while men finally gets to rest. We can finally sit down after eons of being killed, eaten, frozen, murdered for the sake of being the guardians.

The need for guardians of the physically weaker is not neaded anymore. So now we can rest, now we can stop sacrificing ourself and what we are. Now we can finally get some sleep, to finally rest and absorb reality as one who doesnt need to be a protector or the protected.

That is what I deep down feel, that we can finally rest after this long journey of selfsacrifice, and now women now are free to do what they feel they want to do instead of sacrificing themself in the role of the caregiver.
We can finally listen to our core selfs and decide what one truly want, to ask ourself who we really are.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Vorlon128 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2011 by Vorlon128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Wow, after all the years of men groaning together about having to support a wife and kids, how women are such a pain because they do nothing all day and bitch at them to buy things for them....

Then their sons proclaimations that marriage is nothing but a ball and chain that ruins your life, they'll never settle down and be "pussy whipped", they'll keep their freedom and their childlike nature forever! (basically, I'll not end up unhappy like dad, who brought home the bacon and was miserable with the weight).

The pendalum swings back and forth. Big deal.

Women wanted to see what it is like to be on the other side,
Men wanted to see what it is like on the other side,
So they are.

And what they find, is that each role has up and down sides to it. You can complain from either side, if you want.

My husband and I have gone through periods of years of changing the roles this way. When I was with small children, I stayed at home and he went to school, then got a job that supported the whole family.

Then, when he got tired, and I got bored (because the kids became more independant with age)
I went off to schooling, bought myself a business, and became the one supporting the family while he cleaned the house and took care of the kids (their needs now changed and more appropriate for his guidance than mine- just as their needs while young were more appropriate for my guidance).

Right now we are making the switch again- I sold my business, and he just got offered a job which will mean a LOT more money and more time away from home.

It is nice to be the less active and less socially acknowledged (and more financially dependant) role!
You get to explore the less official types of relations and exchanges with people, the emotional exchanges, your internal world (be more introspective), learn to recognize self in other (instead of constant separation), and learn to trust your partner and let go of fear of inter-dependance.

It is nice to be the more socially recognized role of influencial power!
You get to experience social recognition and respect outside of your loved ones, explore the less emotional and more official types of exchanges and relations, learn to be more aware of the facts of the objective world, with less distortion by the internal world, learn to separate self and other and be less influenced by your empathy, and learn that you can trust yourself, and let go of fear of inter-dependance.

These are good to know. Some people like us explore both in the same lifetime, some only take part in the whole collective long term experience, doing the switching over generations. But in my mind, it is all good.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

He makes zero mention of the fact that women make up around 50% of games players or that the fastest growing sector of the population playing games is adult women.

Bennett is the latest in a long line of commentators who believe that the world's ills can be blamed on something that's new and unfamiliar. He says his problem is with games, but if you read between the lines, it's clear that what he really doesn't like, is people.

He is the worst kind of social critic; one who does not understand society.

My wife has a degree and plays video games ALOT more than I do

Why do they seek to deny that everyone is different?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

And since women are often pairing up with the men and taking them as partners - I would say they are in a little jam themselves.

What affects "men" or women...affects us all.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
My overall impression of what a man was supposed to be while growing up was a harda-- who just wanted to sit on the couch eating chips, drinking beer, watching football, and farting. Thanks media! So, yes, good riddance to that. I don't like football or any sports, could never be the harda-- no matter how hard I tried (not much), and the only time I play video games is when my son asks me to, because I like to spend time and play with him. I am glad the old stereotype is dead, probably as glad as women are that their stereotypes are dead, which I will not mention here.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Wow, after all the years of men groaning together about having to support a wife and kids, how women are such a pain because they do nothing all day and bitch at them to buy things for them....

Then their sons proclaimations that marriage is nothing but a ball and chain that ruins your life, they'll never settle down and be "pussy whipped", they'll keep their freedom and their childlike nature forever! (basically, I'll not end up unhappy like dad, who brought home the bacon and was miserable with the weight).

The pendalum swings back and forth. Big deal.

Women wanted to see what it is like to be on the other side,
Men wanted to see what it is like on the other side,
So they are.

And what they find, is that each role has up and down sides to it. You can complain from either side, if you want.

My husband and I have gone through periods of years of changing the roles this way. When I was with small children, I stayed at home and he went to school, then got a job that supported the whole family.

Then, when he got tired, and I got bored (because the kids became more independant with age)
I went off to schooling, bought myself a business, and became the one supporting the family while he cleaned the house and took care of the kids (their needs now changed and more appropriate for his guidance than mine- just as their needs while young were more appropriate for my guidance).

Right now we are making the switch again- I sold my business, and he just got offered a job which will mean a LOT more money and more time away from home.

It is nice to be the less active and less socially acknowledged (and more financially dependant) role!
You get to explore the less official types of relations and exchanges with people, the emotional exchanges, your internal world (be more introspective), learn to recognize self in other (instead of constant separation), and learn to trust your partner and let go of fear of inter-dependance.

It is nice to be the more socially recognized role of influencial power!
You get to experience social recognition and respect outside of your loved ones, explore the less emotional and more official types of exchanges and relations, learn to be more aware of the facts of the objective world, with less distortion by the internal world, learn to separate self and other and be less influenced by your empathy, and learn that you can trust yourself, and let go of fear of inter-dependance.

These are good to know. Some people like us explore both in the same lifetime, some only take part in the whole collective long term experience, doing the switching over generations. But in my mind, it is all good.

This is really great. I'm sure the changes in responsibility help to keep things from getting stale.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Why do women still get paid less than men for doing the exact same job?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
First of all, the rise in degree PERCENTAGES can be explained with the ratio of women to men. Last i checked it was almost 2:1.

Next is I am glad to see women becoming independent. I always tell my wife , "I don't want to be your life, I only want to be a part of it...a part you want in your life". Good men are hard to find and even harder to define as no one really knows what they want anymore. Women are in the same boat.

I also agree that things are changing. My wife and I both agree I would be better staying home raising the kids, cleaning the house ( I am better at organizing, and much more patient etc). Unfortunately I am the one working to keep the house afloat as I have expertise in fields with better benefits. That being said, I would love to be a stay at home dad. Does this mean I think I as a man am in danger of "falling behind"? Nope, I still see people as equals...until they prove otherwise....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join