It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why men are in trouble

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by intrepid

The Canadian govt gives kickbacks to companies that hire women in the trades because they want more women to get in to trades.

I'm not saying they shouldn't work in trades but why the preferential treatment?? Its not fair.

No, sorry buddy I just checked with Revenue Canada that doesn't happen either, check for yourself or call them like I did, its completely toll free

www.cra-arc.gc.ca...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

How do those numbers in the op, coincide with the numbers of failed marriages and single men?

Now compare those numbers to the years when divorces were rare and relationships succeeded with "non-manly men"

I'm not saying it's coincidence just like you taking that article with a "grain of salt"

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have been reading this thread for a bit and I am wondering how many trolls are posting.
I mean I can understand why women have problems with how men are today. What I dont understand is if you guys want to come with factoids like "women are smarter then men" or that men are now just sitting home doing "nothing" can you bring the facts supporting these?

Having different makeup of how the brain works does not make one "smarter" then the other. What do you even mean with that statement? More intelligent? Booksmart? A lot of really intelligent people never get higher education because of how the schoolsystem works. Differences in IQ , The Difference Between Intelligence And Education , Is It Good to Be Gifted?, IQ and Depression , Famous High School Dropouts , Male/Female Brain Differences just to make a few links showing the differences between men and women.

When its about maturity I think its more about some have a weird way of defining maturity. Some of you would maybe see the man who sits at home in front of the computer instead of being out there and climb mountains or whatever immature. In my opinion the hobbies you have doesnt say if you are mature or not, it only is a way to see who you are as a person. Some men will forsake themself and try to do whatever they can to impress females "mental picture of male bird-dance comes up". I cant really speak up for all the "immature" people out there but I dont really care anymore about what is "manly" or what is "womanly". What I care about is what I really want to do with my life. What purpose can I find to continue to exist. Do I even want to? How can I even try to care about female/male interaction when the very foundation of civilization is crumbling as we speak? As people are dying, raped, murdered, starved, tortured how can I even keep my sanity anymore. As i see in my minds eye children giving in to the dustclouds of starvation how can I ever begin to care what I am "supposed" to be like? In simpler terms... I dont have many care-coins and I would rather spend them on things that would make the world a better place.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu
I'll just pretend I know what you're talking about.

I think this right here illustrates the fundamental problem at hand... the competence of women.

While this guy is wise and speaks the truth

Originally posted by Revolution9
That is the problem here. In law, the male is always the loser (losing the wife, the kids and the home all in one go). I am very conscious of this. I think men need to be a little more wise and cautious these days. Do some stuff for ourselves and do a little thinking above the waistline. In nature there is a hold on us through our physical desire for women. This is the grand conspiracy of nature and Creation. In this age where we are all so socially manipulated to be the ripe climate for control and generating profit for the controllers, we need to get one step ahead.

I will never put all my eggs in one basket ever again. Yes, long term relationship, but I am always gonna keep a little place of my own and make sure that if the SHTF then at least I have an escape pod. Seriously, I got bitten now two times shy. A wise man learns from his mistakes!

And as a 21 y/o male, I feel this fully lol

Originally posted by Helig
Why would I want to "Get off the video games five hours a day, get yourself together, get a challenging job and get married." when that will lead to a divorce in 3 to 5 where I lose my house, my vehicle, my kids and a percentage of every paycheck when I can kick back, load up a game and relax instead?

you also have one of the dopest avys

edit on 7-10-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't think I'm in trouble at all.

Why would I care if a woman was smarter than me? I'm actually attracted to women that are smarter than me, its fun, refreshing, challenging, etc.

And what does it matter if a woman has a better job than me? Or is my boss?

Does any of this really matter?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

Depens in what you think is important in life.

Or in other ways.. where do you put your care-coins?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
This whole thing is direct backlash from the women's rights movement. Women now have the same employment and educational opportunities as men (unless you count all the grants, etc that are geared only towards women) so men don't have to do double duty to support a family, they can for once take it easy and enjoy life rather than putting in 60+ hours a week to keep food on the table and the bill collectors at bay. Couple that with the fact that men are often at a distinct disadvantage as far as marriage(see also: divorce) are concerned and its no surprise this kind of things is becoming an issue however the issue is not a negative one for us guys but for women because they no longer can find the kind of men they once did, now we enjoy more leisure and less work than our predecessors.

Why would I want to "Get off the video games five hours a day, get yourself together, get a challenging job and get married." when that will lead to a divorce in 3 to 5 where I lose my house, my vehicle, my kids and a percentage of every paycheck when I can kick back, load up a game and relax instead?

This has nothing to do with the "women's rights movement" and everything to do with the industrial revolution.

Stop trying to lay the blame on the other gender for the changes we're observing.

We no longer live in a world that necessitates a clear cut line drawn in the sand between the genders. We, today, have no clue what true hard manual labour means... the kind of labour that literally sucked up every daylight hour of every single day, and therefore the need for the other partner to manage the homefront and tend to the family's needs. One toiled to bring home the flour and milk so the other could toil to make the bread and butter, all done for the very basic necessity of survival... a needed partnership for the benefit of all.

Nowadays, we just walk down to the corner grocery store to buy the bread and butter.

Either/or gender can now go out and meet their survival needs via a simplistic and short 8 hour work day, 5 day work week, in exchange for pieces of paper to buy what they need.

The world has changed drastically in the last 100+ years... and the gender roles have been fumbling along trying to figure it and catch up to the pace.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Who am I? am I a man and nothing more? Am I the label given to me in my youth? Am I what society brands me? Am I only a product of others? No, what you are cant be defined in words. You will always stumble upon the labels and brands that the world around you have crafted. What am I If I scale of all that the world have put on me, the identity forced upon me. What is left if not the core of my being. Unsullied and most radiant thing it is.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
No not in trouble, those men now get to sit at home with the kid's all day
while the women have to go out and work...

I would say the women are going to get sick of it and want to be back home..
edit on 7-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
price of Patriarchy.

it served its purpose. change happens

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So according to this study i have to "go to church and get married" to be a man.

I have a good paying job and own a home.

I don't go to church because Sundays are my only day off and I like to sleep in. I'm not married because I don't want to lose what I have built for myself.

And I am not a man because of it?

Nonsense.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus

I'll just pretend I know what you're talking about.

I think this right here illustrates the fundamental problem at hand... the competence of women.

The problem is... I don't know the terminology. It's like speaking japanese and expecting everyone listening to understand what's being said. I also asked him to explain, didn't I? But you left that part out. I'm a woman. If I'm lost I know how to ask for directions. Do you???
edit on 7-10-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I'll just pretend I know what you're talking about. A job description (and where) one of these females might be performing that job would be helpful... and defining the term hours towards your ticket would also help.

The job description is fairly simple, but trade specific. Ie: Plumbers take care of plumbing, Electricians electrical, etc.

Hours towards your ticket: these are hours that qualify towards your journeyman or master tickets. These are valuable to apprentices and journeyman wishing to become masters because they can be used (if you have excess) in lieu of academic time. Ie: I can trade 400 hours towards my ticket for 200 classroom hours.

Forgot to add:
Hours towards your ticket must be performed doing trade specific work. So, if you are a glazier, and you are working in the office, say filing, you will not be getting hours towards your ticket, official title is Trade Certified Hours.
edit on 7-10-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
Why can't we be free to enjoy our lives without the burden of society's gender roles?

This is the part you should all be paying attention to.

It's just another way to divide the people.

Originally posted by GringoViejo
I don't think I'm in trouble at all.

Why would I care if a woman was smarter than me? I'm actually attracted to women that are smarter than me, its fun, refreshing, challenging, etc.

And what does it matter if a woman has a better job than me? Or is my boss?

Does any of this really matter?

Only if you buy into it. They DESPERATELY want you to buy into it, feel further divided, and thus, concentrate more on this strawman problem then the real problems that both MEN AND WOMEN face EVERY DAY.
edit on 10/7/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Here's something even more puke worthy.

A massive 44 percent of women in the survey said that they owned a games console right now, compared to only 39percent of men

www.bit-tech.net...

I don't think men in general are in trouble. I think in some ways women's lib has worked against women because that increased individualization that some have serves to really just isolate themselves from men, and then they ask "Where are all the decent guys"? More than likely running away from you.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

I'll just pretend I know what you're talking about. A job description (and where) one of these females might be performing that job would be helpful... and defining the term hours towards your ticket would also help.

The job description is fairly simple, but trade specific. Ie: Plumbers take care of plumbing, Electricians electrical, etc.

Hours towards your ticket: these are hours that qualify towards your journeyman or master tickets. These are valuable to apprentices and journeyman wishing to become masters because they can be used (if you have excess) in lieu of academic time. Ie: I can trade 400 hours towards my ticket for 200 classroom hours.

Forgot to add:
Hours towards your ticket must be performed doing trade specific work. So, if you are a glazier, and you are working in the office, say filing, you will not be getting hours towards your ticket, official title is Trade Certified Hours.
edit on 7-10-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for responding. Now I understand.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
"Everywhere I've gone, the men are men... and so are women." - Shantam Nityama

Destroy this topic unless you can embrace it from a more awakened perspective. I never had the interest to go to college, that # is indoctrination central... Yet women are being guided to dive right in, eh? They sure love it, even though the founders of the movement seriously repented... Just look into who funded the entire feminist movement!

Personally, I can't stand an ounce of feminism and it sickens me to even be around it... Pure poison alright, greatly effecting the human mass consciousness. The feminine itself represents the subconscious, the parasympathetic nervous system, and the right brain... Not to mention the occult. The repercussions of it's state of being are vast.

I wish people would step back and question the true nature/power of the feminine. In it's divine potential, it cannot be boxed in, it cannot be controlled. It has the power to build nations and sustain worlds... Anything can be manifested through a pure womb. Yet, how many truly (sexually) liberated women do you see walking around? Aahhh, if anyone would just open their eyes to how the feminine has been suppressed and contorted throughout history. It's certainly the best way to control and manipulate an entire planetary race, no doubt.

Man have a role to fill as well, that of the initiators of truth. Reawakening the inner warrior. I don't mean being an #ing idiot jarhead and signing up to serve in a corporate war. Stand sovereign and take your share back. Go do you own spiritual sonata and get in touch with the Logos of this Universe.

So, have fun debating these silly topics and one upping one another or conferring differing opinions when you are all largely caught under the same mind control programs. That's the story of ATS, alright.

edit on 7-10-2011 by ImplodeThisExistence because: Grammar, Grammar... Grammar.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

The system is designed for women .. everything from education to this new metro-sexual embracing culture. The very identity of what a man is even supposed to be, built up over tens of thousands of years, has been destroyed. This could cause some very serious issues down the road.. an unemployed, less educated, somewhat angry male population could mean trouble.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

What a stupid and rediculous statement! Males who raise their hand to a woman is a coward, not a man! A real man takes good care of his family, his house, his job; he takes his responsibilities seriously. I'm sorry to say but the young men's generation today really are pityful, they're spoilt brats, and those of around 40-45 years of age are bitter and miserable.

How many fathers out there come home from work and if they're not throwing themselves on the couch in front of a TV, they're straight on the internet instead of getting involved in their children's and wive's lives? How does that work for em? Young boys today appear more like girls with their fluffed up feminine hairdos or they're wandering around with their baggy jeans half way down their backsides where we can see their undies. No respect for their parents, no respect nor pride in themselves. Girls becoming more aggressive, acting more like boys everyday and barely wearing any clothes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join