It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why men are in trouble

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

Already make enough cash for two, but no Angel in my life to spend it on!

I do think we did take a turn for the worse in the destruction of gender stereotypes, but what's done is done.

Remember, though! Relationships are built on a trust between two souls. We have the total freedom now to develop unique relationships. The creative potential is enormous. I am just waiting for that gal who is up to the challenge of exploring new territory.

I just don't like the old way of what a man should be. Very nice in your dreamy romances, but the reality was an unthinking brute.

We guys, we still got muscles and we still men, we just know we have a soul that needs to shed some of those silly old notions.

It has become much harder to develop a long term relationship these days, but you just got to keep that side of you that can be loyal. Mine is still there, fully intact and I cherish that and protect it like treasure. I don't want to play no games and hurt a woman. ever!!! I love women!

edit on 7-10-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

edit on 7-10-2011 by Revolution9 because: oops double post

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruePatriot1685
Instead of calling it a decline, why not call it a balancing of the scales. Isn't that what the woman's movement was all about? Equality?

It's called a decline because society had to knock the bottom out of manhood so that it doesn't exist anymore, thereby raising women's status past their common role and into every role.

Now men aren't worth as much and women can't handle everything. Nobody could handle everything.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Men are also less religious than ever before. According to Gallup polling, 39% of men reported attending church regularly in 2010, compared to 47% of women.

Since when is Church attendance a measure of success in any way? I don't see a decline in church attendance as a failure: simply, men are less likely than before to be dragged to church every week. And almost half the women polled still visit their big invisible friend every week?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's just a shift in society. I don't see it as men doing less as women doing MORE for themselves. Wanting an education BEFORE starting a family. That's a good thing imo.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

Instead of calling it a decline, why not call it a balancing of the scales. Isn't that what the woman's movement was all about? Equality?

It's called a decline because society had to knock the bottom out of manhood so that it doesn't exist anymore, thereby raising women's status past their common role and into every role.

Now men aren't worth as much and women can't handle everything. Nobody could handle everything.

Well I am a man and I know that I am worth as much as any other man or woman. If societies want to hold that view than I am not worth anything, that is their problem. It does not have to be like that. It is all down to us each individually; what we value and what our perceptions of others are.

I maintain pride and dignity. I keep my bravery and that side of me that protects my dear ones. That is manly enough for me. But I don't want to act like a heavy drinking football hooligan. Haha! I think actually the soul searching will pay off in the long run. It was all a false rap anyway throwing all that manly stuff at us for a few centuries. It was only used as a means of controlling men so they would be canon fodder and go down mines and all. The brutish side, too, a way of keeping the women down. Not any more.

It is all a challenge. Embrace the new I say. Those old ways are gone for good I guess.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

That's what I mean, instead of it being about how women don't need men anymore or vise versa, can't it be about how we all need each other to get by in this society? My wife and I share a pretty equal workloads. We both work and my putting in 70/80 yea a week balances out with her doing a lot more at home than I do. Not to say I don't help, because I help out whenever I'm not working 16 hrs. And I've been teaching her to cook so she doesn't have to eat frozen food when I work 16 hr days.

Also, I kill the centipedes.
edit on 7-10-2011 by TruePatriot1685 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with most of the guys here. It's also a big change in society and the way boys are raised. (I guess girls too.)

I would love to be the stay at home wife and only have to take care of the house while he takes care of me.

Problem is, we can't afford it. Plain and simple.

And yes, I DO need a man. Who the hell else is going to kill the spiders?
edit on 7-10-2011 by chiefsmom because: I need men!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I personally agree with most of the post on here. when the woman revolution started ( i think around 60/70s) women began to force themselves into the work place. I personally don’t mind it in most jobs. However I think that there really should be a few jobs that should not have equality. Police and fire are the two most common. I’m sorry but women are just built different. Can’t help that. On the other side I kind of like it a little. Women often complain about men being selfish and no more chivalry form men. Well guess what. YOU messed that up. You wanted equal rights well you go them. Open your own doors and I can promise you will have to fight me for that life boat now. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. There are still women out there who know how to make it work though. I am with a great woman now who really knows how to put both worlds together. She cooks and cleans (as do I). She knows her place as a woman as I know mine as a man. I 100% disagree with the statement that behind every great man is a great woman. It should be that beside every great man is a great woman. You woman have stepped up and taken the role quite well in most situations. However there are still some who want to act as though they control the man because they make more money or have better job. Yet you still want to be treated like a princess still. All I can say is know yourself and then you will know what type of partner you want.

Oh and the reason most men are little boys are because they never had a male role model that was worth a crap and the mother doesn’t know when to pop that tit out of the boys mouth and let him grow up and be a man. I see so many parents that want to keep their kids super clean. Let them be dirty. That what builds a healthy immune system! Quit treating boys like fragile porcelain dolls and maybe they can grow up a little.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by TreadUpon

That's what I mean, instead of it being about how women don't need men anymore or vise versa, can't it be about how we all need each other to get by in this society?

The fact is one income used to be enough to raise a family. The roles established left each party in control of half the responsibility. Now both parties share the whole thing.

Man would go to work, deal with the boss, deadlines, taxes, etc. and come home to a clean house, children who had the attention of a parent, and a hot meal. Women sent their husband to work in the morning, dealt with the cleaning, the cooking, the children, PTA, etc. and raised a family to the best her undivided attention could procure.

Now the kids are shoveled off to daycare, both parents deal with the stress of the role of breadwinner, pick the kids up from a place 20 little brats share the attention of 1 or 2 strangers, home to a dirty house, order bad food, and deal with the shambles all together. One big happy situation.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
And yet women continue to bitch and whine as if they still have no rights and earn less than men.

Right now in Canada women are getting pushed through trades programs in colleges with a 3.5 GPA or higher regardless of performance and then given first crack at employment opportunities through the college employment programs.

Thia one girl who was in my electrical class didn't even understand the first thing about turning a screwdriver and barely grasped any of the core teachings of the program. She graduates her third year with a 3.95 GPA, highest in our class despite having some really hard working guys in the course who knew their stuff and even had a strong background in the trade. She ended up in some job at an electrical contracting firm doing real minor tasks while getting paid tradesman wages. Having talked to one of the more senior profs in the course who has over 40the years in the trade he says this is how the industry is going in Canada these days. He says women are not allowed to fail trade programs.

I know women with engineering degrees who don't even know the first thing about the field they are employed in. What a joke.

My wife recently decided to go back to school. Her osap loan was three times the amount I had received two years priorior despite the fact that I'm pulling in a decent income. When I was in school she didn't work and I had to take a leave from my job and somehow I got less???

In today's world if you have a vagina enjoy your free ride to the top. If you are a man, good luck.
edit on 11/10/7 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I think the real issue might be that decent men have no intrest in women that dress uncouth, and parade around their newest prada purse, to put it nicely. As for education, the technical vocations available to men out of high school, but rarely made available to woman, would have to be a major contributing factor to the numbers presented. We are living in a time where equal opportunity, truly means equal opportunity, and I feel that if it wasn't for the tech vocations that the numbers would show parity.

I also do not agree with the post above mine, about women not being allowed to fail in trades school, thats just not true. I have several friends that are instructors at several instituitions, and the above post is completely false.
edit on 7-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Sorry man, not buying that for a dollar. Most companies have a probationary period in place. Some are 3 months, some are 6. Apprenticeship can be years. An employer want value for their money. If they aren't getting it, be they be male or female, they don't last on the job. The boss has to make money to pay money. What you are saying isn't a viable business model.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Just to add to your OP. You know the story over these last twenty years for the majority of my male friends has been one where the guy and the girl get a house together, have kids, split up, the woman gets the house and the guy ends up in rented accommodation in his late thirties/early forties. However, I know of some great successes, too. Those successes are without doubt because the guy and the girl work as team mates and stay loyal (they are wise and know the grass is not so green on the other side).

Teamwork, facing the hard times as well as the good, being able to love the harder to love bits of your partner and no cheating games.

We should never throw out blanket policies of perception onto others. Like I don't expect a woman to only be a size 10. She has the right to be a size 10 or a size 16. She might be a career woman or she might just want to stay home and do it the old style way. It is just giving full freedom to others to be who they want to be.

Now we can work on our own relationships without the dictates and constraints of socially engineered genders.

Imagination and creativity time, people. It is just social evolution and change. Don't fear it. It is a challenge and we can turn that to our advantage.

Full of hope and optimism!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Wanna know how and why all this came about??? Women needed to enter the job market to ease the financial burden of the family. $50 in child support and a waitress job just doesn't cut it. And then there were those men who abandoned their families because they never heard of condoms.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The Canadian govt gives kickbacks to companies that hire women in the trades because they want more women to get in to trades. I reneger this one girl from another's class that did a coop at the same mining company as I did at the same time. She was nice to look at and was eventually offered a Job. Out of all the 8other or so guys who did their coop at the same time she was the only one hired and at my plant we worked our bloody asses off. She was places in a fully automated facility where there wasn't much work to be done. I remember a the guys from her shop saying that the only purpose she served was a piece of eye candy.

Yeah they still do their apprenticeship but they won't fire for poor performance because they want their govt kickback and plus they don't want the girl to cry discrimination.

I'm not saying they shouldn't work in trades but why the preferential treatment?? Its not fair.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

Please. Read some history. This came about because of 2 things. During WW2 women went into the domestic workforce and found it to be gratifying to do something other than being a stay at home mom. The PTB used that to encourage a 2 income family. More money for them. Less paid out too. With the stress of the workplace women then became accessible to the stresses of that system. That means that they live shorter lives. Less retirement money going out. Women used to live about 10 years longer than men. That's pretty much leveled out.

BTW, women are just as responsible for contraception as men.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by intrepid

The Canadian govt gives kickbacks to companies that hire women in the trades because they want more women to get in to trades. I reneger this one girl from another's class that did a coop at the same mining company as I did at the same time. She was nice to look at and was eventually offered a Job. Out of all the 8other or so guys who did their coop at the same time she was the only one hired and at my plant we worked our bloody asses off. She was places in a fully automated facility where there wasn't much work to be done. I remember a the guys from her shop saying that the only purpose she served was a piece of eye candy.

Yeah they still do their apprenticeship but they won't fire for poor performance because they want their govt kickback and plus they don't want the girl to cry discrimination.

I'm not saying they shouldn't work in trades but why the preferential treatment?? Its not fair.

That must be why you guys participate in ORGANIZED HARASSMENT...eh?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Sorry, I just think that this post is really important. This is one of the most significant areas of social breakdown and change in the very concept of the nuclear family.

What I was saying earlier about expectations in gender. Do you know the PRESSURE of just having to have a car even to be a real man? I don't like cars and I refuse to own one because I don't like the oil business, etc. Just because I don't have a car women can't get their heads round that. I refuse to be promiscuous because of my spirituality - again women can't cope with that. Not just women under the PRESSURE of gender expectations, men very much, too.

Don't keep caging us all up. Let's be free to be who we are regardless of what the social engineers say we should be.

Peace and harmony between the sexes! Make love not war, guys and girls!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by shushu

Please. Read some history. This came about because of 2 things. During WW2 women went into the domestic workforce and found it to be gratifying to do something other than being a stay at home mom. The PTB used that to encourage a 2 income family. More money for them. Less paid out too. With the stress of the workplace women then became accessible to the stresses of that system. That means that they live shorter lives. Less retirement money going out. Women used to live about 10 years longer than men. That's pretty much leveled out.

BTW, women are just as responsible for contraception as men.

As far as contraception is concerned... I'm gonna leave that BS on organized religion's doorstep. And then there are women who go out and get themselves knocked up to GAIN preferencial treatment. Ever notice anyone whose foot fits well into that moccasin???

Continuing...

She started her story with the year 1970. WW2 maybe a contibutory factor (as are all wars) but that's not what the OP is driving home about.
edit on 7-10-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join