It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why men are in trouble

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

The problem here is that there is no price on morality. Sure, it's a logical assessment that sex can = profit. But at what cost? Surely there is more to selling sex than just money, no?

That's how some Women are labeled sluts or whores, pardon my language. When the value of their integrity is lost in favor of profit via sexual favors. You might ask now "Why would a single Woman be de-valued as a person because she sells sex for profit?"

Character. Would you be interested in having any type of relationship, be it professional or personal, with someone of low character?

It's not "just sex". It's how a person is viewed as society as a whole.

Morality according to whom? Christians? Religion? I'm not talking about selling sex, although I suppose in some ways it is a transaction. I'm not exactly promoting prostitution here, I'm just talking about within a relationship that is how it often goes.

And if you are speaking to my character I will make a point here to say that I have actually only ever been with one person and then married him and am still quite happily married 17 years later. But lets face it I have less of a need or want for sex than he does. Maybe my need is to get the hell out of the house away from the kids.. so here is the trade off. He takes me out to dinner because that is my stronger need/want and I indulge him later.. his stronger need/want. Because I can guarantee you that if given the option of going out and spending money on a meal or staying at home and eating something I have made, he will chose my cooking every time. He doesn't like going out to eat because he says there isn't anything he has in a restaurant that I have not made better.

I find it interesting how if women sleep around that they are labeled whores, sluts, easy, ect.... but you realize men have been promiscuous for ages and it was seen as a good thing or just being men. I find the double standard annoying because sleeping around isn't exactly something I see as a positive. My comments were in reference to people within relationships.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Everything you say is true, but we are not all in Albania, China, or Arabia. I'm not going to shoot an unfaithful woman - she's not worth what the bullet would cost.

When my first wife and I split, I GAVE her the house and the car - and the payments to go along with them. I considered what I had already paid on them to be a parting gift, a consolation prize. The lawyers decided they'd just MAKE me take the rest of the payments, and I told them, in her presence, that they could try all they liked, I'd go ahead and take the jail time, and we'd just see how long she held on to what she already had - I wasn't making another damn payment.

She knew I wasn't kidding, convinced them it was a BAD idea to push that issue.

The second wife, well, I paid her WAY too much child support, voluntarily. She got greedy, took me to court for more, and - surprise! - got awarded far less than she was already getting. She later came around, said "well, you can just keep paying me what you were, right?". Nope. I told her the court had spoken, and she got what she got.

I'm not a stranger to the things you say, and know them all to be true as far as they go. I was only speaking to the fact that sex is used as trade, whether on the surface of the culture or conveniently hidden just beneath the surface of it, and there isn't a thing you can do to change that, other than simply not participate in that trade yourself. It's going to continue, regardless of what you or I think about it, and a pragmatic approach will net you more satisfaction in the end.

You and I have to live with ourselves, so the best we can do is to be true to our selves, and let other folks worry over THEIR selves and how they can sleep at night.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Definitely going to disagree with you there. Society has degenerated Female morality to practically nothing, in my experienced opinion. And yes, it's just an opinion.

I know Women in this thread think we're harping too much on Women morality, while ignoring Men's morality, but the topic here is Liberal Women, and if it's an experiment here in the West, I believe it to be a failed one.

Immoral women cannot be "immoral" without immoral men to give them a hand in that endeavor, any more than immoral men can do so without immoral women to "help them out".

Even in the destruction of society, it seems we have to lean on one another.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OblivionGate
I've personally seen a switch over from what used to be considered "male" behavior, ie. abandoning family, cheating, abusing, etc. I know a great many men who have taken the lead in caring for their children (myself included) because their wives/girlfriends/baby mommas just want to party and fornicate. I've seen a lot of woman lately who just don't care about their children or remaining faithful, and too many good woman who stay in relationships that just aren't healthy for them or their children. I've been single for 5 years so far because I can't seem to find a woman in my area who actually looks for a caring, compassionate, honest man. I used to think being the kind of guy who would write a woman poetry or cook her favorite dinner (chivalric behavior) yet still be a "man", was what most woman looked for in a man. From what I have experienced, you have to be a #head to woman to keep them, and I simply refuse to lower myself to such troglodyte behavior. As far as wages and careers go, if she can do the job, a woman should be payed the same wage as a man doing the same job. As far as degrees or college go, I thing a lot of men nowadays enter the workforce right after high school in lieu of college.

as a woman and a mother I find that incredibly sad. Nothing could make me not care about my boys! I have four boys and they are amazing people, despite my parental shortcomings. I could see having no interest in a man/relationship, but to not care about your own children is unfathomable to me. I think you right that a lot of guys will go into the workplace instead of college these days, I have seen it with a lot of teenagers. It is something I worry about with my own boys actually. We push college and speak of things as if that is just something that is expected when they graduate high school that they go into college. I see how boys can lack motivation and we just keep pushing them to achieve more, to work hard and to get their ass to college when they graduate. I have one who wants to be either a cardiologist or a cardiothoracic surgeon, he has not decided yet. He says he wants to be a marine and let the military pay for his college. LOL I have another one who wants to be some sort of engineer because he loves to build things and create. Two of them are in orchestra, one is in a band and plays bass guitar. As you can see, I'm pretty damn proud of my boys and fully expect them to go far in life, but above all else I want for them to be happy. I want them to not put themselves in situations that they may be with a woman who isn't at their level, who wouldn't compliment them, who wouldn't take away from who they are as a person. But they also know full well that you attract people who are similar to yourself so if they are attracting women who are not the best quality then they better look at themselves and their own actions first to find out why. (it's that personal responsibility thing) My boys are amazing people and I expect they will attract amazing significant others. The very idea of not caring about a life that I created seems short sighted at best, but cruel and hurtful to the kids at worst. I try to remind myself every day that the things I do now in their lives will create who they become, if I didn't care about them it would just create men who didn't care about other people either.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
page 12

I'll stay home & do nothing

I want to stay home and do nothing!!!! I cussed the other day in front of my 14 year old and he says "ooooh mom swore.. your grounded!!" My response was "YES, PLEASE!! Please ground me so I can do nothing!!" LOL When the boys were younger I worked much harder and longer hours than my hubby. I was up whenever the first cry woke me up.. anywhere from 3am-6am depending and I was up until midnight/1am. The house ran like a dream, but I was exhausted. Oh to just have a day that I did nothing. I would have been happy with the office job my hubby had, at least he got to clock out at 5pm and come home to a clean house, happy kids, a hot cooked meal and then sit and watch tv.

Then my body flipped out, I had a seizure and the doctors said I was working myself into an early grave. So yup.. what I wouldn't have given to stay at home and do nothing.. even for just one afternoon. LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

The problem here is that there is no price on morality. Sure, it's a logical assessment that sex can = profit. But at what cost? Surely there is more to selling sex than just money, no?

That's how some Women are labeled sluts or whores, pardon my language. When the value of their integrity is lost in favor of profit via sexual favors. You might ask now "Why would a single Woman be de-valued as a person because she sells sex for profit?"

Character. Would you be interested in having any type of relationship, be it professional or personal, with someone of low character?

It's not "just sex". It's how a person is viewed as society as a whole.

Actually, that's a cultural thing, and a surface one at that. Things are what they are, even in this culture as it stands now. making value judgements contrary to what IS can lead to severe disappointment.

Why is it better to get all roped up with them, THEN find out how they work that bargaining chip?

edit on 2011/10/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

It may definitely be a cultural thing, but every society is ruled by its native culture, and a great many of the world's cultures hold contempt for Women who are unable to remain faithful or who suffer from questionable loyalties.

In China, it used to be normal for a Man to take his Wife out back and execute her if she was found to be unfaithful.

In Albania, the Groom was often presented with a bullet wrapped in straw, by the Brides own family, in case she was ever unfaithful or disobedient.

Muslim Men have been known to have their Wives stoned to death if found to be unfaithful.

I mean, if this isn't actually a very important part of EVERY culture in the world, I don't know what is.

Granted, I think the West is a tad more civilized in how Women are treated after becoming untrustworthy, but the problem persists nonetheless.

It's almost a joke here in the US now. Marriage is basically expected to end, and Women marry purely for the divorce settlements, and for the event itself. The divorce rate here is staggeringly high, compared to the rest of the world.

What does this tell you about the liberal movement for Women?

It tells me they are unable to adapt to it.

I'm definitely not against Women's Rights, but neither do I really see it to have had any beneficial effect on Western culture. Quite the opposite. Homosexuality is impossibly high. Straight men have all become cuckolded into a passive and even feminine role in many relationships. Popular media has made it trendy for Men to adopt the "Metrosexual" lifestyle. It's now OK for guys to get a pedicure and manicure.

Quite disturbing. I find absolutely nothing attractive about a Woman who is just a pair of balls short of being a Man.

So what is done to men who do the same thing? Were men ever beat, tortured or killed for sleeping around? Maybe the same treatment should be done to men who cheat, since were all into this equality thing. Which by the way is absurd to think men and women are equal. It isn't about equal, it is more about not wanting to be less than. I am different from men, but I'll be damned if I am treated as though I am somehow less. Reminds me of a quote by Oscar Wilde "How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being." Here is the thing, I am a woman, I am happy being a woman and I know that I am amazing! I was created by God and I am extraordinary, I want to be treated as such. At the same time men were created by God too and they are amazing and extraordinary in their own ways too. We compliment each other, we were not created to battle it out or control each other. I love my husband for the wonderful person he is and I treat him as though he is as amazing as I am considering we were made by the same God. We are different this is for sure and that is ok, if God meant for us to all be the same God would not have created to separate creations.

However with all that said, we are not without our faults. Men and women both cheat on each other, neither one holds the monopoly on immoral behavior. It just seems less accepted when women do it than when men do it as they have been doing for centuries. I'm not saying it is right, I don't think it is. Women AND men should not cheat on their spouses, but at this point in the game it's a little like the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

I'm happy to hear that your not just using women for sex, I know plenty of men who do. Although this day and age it would seem as though some women do that as well.

Yeah, some do. I should be so lucky as to find one of those
nah, not seriously. I'm not the sort to chase after them and worry about what they've been up to. If I can't trust 'em, I'd rather be by myself, and I wouldn't think that sort is very trustworthy.

2 wives eh? Didn't learn the first time around?

nah. I'm untrainable. It';s that knuckle-dragger thing. Can't teach me nothin'. I've got references there, too. I think the phrase involved was "it's easier to teach monkey to tap dance."

basically anything that happens in this house is my domain. Anything that happens with our business is his. I don't go tell him how to do his job or 'help' and he doesn't tell me how to do my job or 'help'.

That's the way it works. I don't "help" her clean the house and such (as if I'd be any help anyhow!) and she don't "help" me chase miscreants.

I somehow don't peg you as a knuckle dragger, you seem fairly intelligent and not cave man like at all. LOL As for me, I could never tolerate a stupid man.

nah, I really am. Don't mistake "knuckle dragger" for "stupid", though. it was a knuckle-dragger who first harnessed fire and such. Otherwise, we'd still be eating steaks raw.

speaking of food (your sandwich comment got me to thinking).. hubby is quite the baker! I can't bake to save my life, if it can't be tinkered with and changed around it isn't worth my time.

I can cook, I just don't like eating my own cooking. had to teach my first wife to cook from scratch - started with the "how to boil water without burning it" lesson... THAT scratch. I was raised the oldest, with three younger sisters, so I can cook for an army if I need to.

Since I don't like eating my own cooking, that's what I pay my roomie - or whatever that woman is I see around the house from time to time - for.

I really AM a knuckle-dragging a-hole. that's how I wound up with this woman. her ex was another a-hole who did mean, nasty, awful, rotten things, like beating up girls, and thought that just because he was an "ex", that was no reason to stop. I out "a-holed" him, and helped him understand that just wasn't going to fly - not if he expected to stay on the sunny side of the sod.

I'm helpful like that, and here I am.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo For every gold digging heartless woman out there, there are two who are actually looking for true love.

Definitely going to disagree with you there. Society has degenerated Female morality to practically nothing, in my experienced opinion. And yes, it's just an opinion.

I know Women in this thread think we're harping too much on Women morality, while ignoring Men's morality, but the topic here is Liberal Women, and if it's an experiment here in the West, I believe it to be a failed one.
edit on 8-10-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

Personally I think gender has little if anything to do with morality. Men were far more immoral than women for ages, but that is rather a moot point now. I'd say most people agree that moral behavior is better than immoral behavior, but who sets the standards of what is and isn't moral? For me I judge it based on what works and what doesn't work. If I were to cheat on my spouse that wouldn't work out for my spouse, for my children or for even myself.. there for it is not a good thing. Immoral behavior can lead to the decline of our way of life be it from women or men.

I think the label liberal women is thrown around as a tool that diverts attention away from the actual behavior. It's just another blame game really and doesn't serve to solve anything. For every woman who is immoral there are just as many if not more men who are immoral. For every good man or every good woman out there.. there is yes, another good man or good woman. Maybe women are doing what men have always done through the ages and they just don't like it. Either way, no matter who is doing it, it is a destructive behavior to society in my opinion. It does remind me of a quote I once read, made me chuckle anyway.
"Immorality: the morality of those who are having a better time." H. L. Mencken

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Immoral women cannot be "immoral" without immoral men to give them a hand in that endeavor, any more than immoral men can do so without immoral women to "help them out".

Touche!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Everything you say is true, but we are not all in Albania, China, or Arabia. I'm not going to shoot an unfaithful woman - she's not worth what the bullet would cost.

When my first wife and I split, I GAVE her the house and the car - and the payments to go along with them. I considered what I had already paid on them to be a parting gift, a consolation prize. The lawyers decided they'd just MAKE me take the rest of the payments, and I told them, in her presence, that they could try all they liked, I'd go ahead and take the jail time, and we'd just see how long she held on to what she already had - I wasn't making another damn payment.

She knew I wasn't kidding, convinced them it was a BAD idea to push that issue.

The second wife, well, I paid her WAY too much child support, voluntarily. She got greedy, took me to court for more, and - surprise! - got awarded far less than she was already getting. She later came around, said "well, you can just keep paying me what you were, right?". Nope. I told her the court had spoken, and she got what she got.

I'm not a stranger to the things you say, and know them all to be true as far as they go. I was only speaking to the fact that sex is used as trade, whether on the surface of the culture or conveniently hidden just beneath the surface of it, and there isn't a thing you can do to change that, other than simply not participate in that trade yourself. It's going to continue, regardless of what you or I think about it, and a pragmatic approach will net you more satisfaction in the end.

You and I have to live with ourselves, so the best we can do is to be true to our selves, and let other folks worry over THEIR selves and how they can sleep at night.

OWCH.. divorces can get ugly, sorry you have seen the uglier side of it all.

I agree though, sex is used as a trade. I'm ok with it, it works quite well and who am I to mess with what works! The morality police bother me none and like you say the best we can do is be true to ourselves!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Reply to nenothtu

Well your nothing if not entertaining! I have laughed a few times this evening reading through all of this! I understand not wanting to eat what you cook. I have been told repeatedly how I'm an amazing cook, everyone loves my cooking.. and so on! Except for me, I just don't like to eat what I make half the time. It isn't that I don't make things that I like, it's just so much damned work most of the time. Now if someone could make food for me, but make it the right way where it tastes as good as I would make it.. who am I kidding. LOL

Good for you for standing up to her ex! My best friend was abused by a similar man, although I hesitate to call him a man.. he wasn't a real man. Maybe that is part of the problem, we don't teach our boys the qualities a real man should have. They confuse controlling others for being in control. For a knuckle dragging a-hole, you seem to have a pretty decent heart.

And with that I must take a bow! It is heading towards midnight and I have to get up early to go pick up my son from a sleepover. Hubby is off racing tomorrow (auto cross SCCA) or I'd have him go pick up his offspring! LOL Thanks for the conversation and the laughs.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You're right.

I personally would never yearn for a Woman who was already in a relationship, though. I know I could never trust such a Woman and she would likely repeat the same thing to me, should she ditch her old boyfriend / husband for myself.

But I question how many Men are actually aware that the girl they are casually sleeping with are involved?

None of the guys I know would admittedly get involved in such a thing, for obvious reasons.

This all leads back to Women. Sure, it takes two to tango, but like Men, some Women can be chronic liars, shamelessly so. And I think Men have far less to gain (sex) from such complicated relationships, whereas Women stand to gain economically from relationship-hopping.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Why ? I will tell you why. Because people and that means all people have been either fooled into thinking that traditional family values are hmmm do I say it? SQUARE !!!!!! Men want to chase the fantasy of being more than what they were created for by ( God? ) Oh no.. Forget family and decency. Lets get rich and rarely come home .. Cheat and deny their true role in life.. If fact if your busy with more important things than hardly even aware of the role they were meant to live out.
Whats that role. To love yourself enough, to know that your family if you have one should be first. Make the money but make sure your leading by example and doing right by those around simply because its the right thing to do.. If you think this is a joke. Look at what the world and people have become . Not All people..But so few its hard to find them.. As far as women. I wont go there but I will say, married or single, dating, young or old , it dont matter cause if men are in trouble, Trust me Women are in Trouble.. Make no mistake of it. Because

"One Hand Holds The Rag, and The Other Hand Holds The Soap"

PS Men are in trouble if women are in trouble too.. Lets help each other.. thx

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
You really make my point even though you refuse to see it. Yes a woman can do what men do because of industrialization but a man cannot do what a woman can do. This is my point we are different and a change in society does not mean these roles should be changed. Except for a few women who feel liberated because they don’t need a man everyone else is suffering. I am all for the ethical treatment of all but women and men are naturally different to do naturally different roles.

Just because you can do something does not make it good or beneficial. Going against a natural role to achieve a higher status and more material possessions is not what we should be teaching our children. We are raising children who do and will continue to worship money and self over the moral obligations of family.

I promise you I am open to different lines of thinking, I have not closed my mind or refused to see anything. Yes things have changed, but my point is that the roles do change. Now .. men their role was one of a physical nature yes? So now their role has changed and they are not fullfilling anything physical correct? I'll use my husband as an example. He is 6'1" and strong! He is physically made for something other than computer work, there for his role has changed from what he was created for.

If the roles should not change, then how is it that men are still in their intended roles? what exactly is the intended male role? I don't see many of them providing very well and a lot of them don't do anything physical as their bodies were made to do.. so where is the male role and why should it not change?

Honestly that is a great question. I will tell you I’m as white collar as you get. Going to the gym, basketball and golfing give me another avenue to express that part of me. I still feel that the majority of women want a man who is a provider, even if they want to work themselves, my problem is I believe that mothers need to be home with the children all the way though high school.

We need to hold marriage as a true pre-requisite to sex and children. Then we need to make sex with the spouse a sacred act like it should be. We need to value our bodies enough to be willing to have just one partner. Family has to become more important than economic status. Our children our dying they need us. Literally and Mentally. And if you are like me and can’t figure out how to make it work, you owe it to them to teach them everything you did wrong, teach them the right way, and then introduce them to couples that are making to the end together.

I believe if we could truly all do the things that I mentioned above we wouldn’t need to have this discussion. Then maybe I would be willing to believe in evolution.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
No disrespect OP, but this article is straight hogwash! I know you are just relaying news and what not, but all this article is designed to do is divide people even further. Lately there has been talks about stark divisions between the rich and poor, gay and straight, illegal or legal immigrants, left and right, race, and on and on. It is stuff like this, and why the US is slowly ripping itself apart from within. I don't care if a woman wants to put on a suit and trudge along in the business world or a man who decides to pick belly button lint and chug beers at home while corralling an unruly mob of kids. More power to them! Enough of the labels and preconceived notions of what it means to be a man or a woman. It means different things for each person. Enough of looking for scapegoats as the reason why Larry did not get the job and Jane did. Or why Larry is making more money than Jane for doing the same thing. It is all nonsense, and quite counterproductive.

We ought to be worrying about our own affairs instead of the affairs of others. I don't care where one goes to worship, what they do when the lights go out, what job they have, how much they make, how big their house is, or how much crap they have in that house. I don't care if a woman wants to get an education and a job or a man would rather stay at home and play video games. The fact of the matter is this, as long as people can continue making free choices about how they want to live. Society is bound to change. Sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad. As far as I see it, people can lead whatever lifestyle they wish. As long as no harm is being done to others, I don't see a problem with any of it. Men are not in trouble, or women for that matter. Sometimes we like to invent problems, and social crisis for whatever reason. A thing becomes a problem only when we allow it to be.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

OWCH.. divorces can get ugly, sorry you have seen the uglier side of it all.

It wasn't nothing but a thang. Just something to handle. I tried to be fair, and made it known in no uncertain terms that I wouldn't be taken advantage of because I tried to be fair - that it wasn't as much of a weakness as they had surmised. The first ex is remarried to a preacher, and happy with her life, and I'm glad she is, The second died of cancer a couple of years after the divorce. I hate that, but thems the breaks. we're none of us guaranteed anything at all. We got along before she died - I was the one she called to have a shoulder to cry on. It's a scary thing to some folks to go off into the Great Unknown without any visible support.

I agree though, sex is used as a trade. I'm ok with it, it works quite well and who am I to mess with what works! The morality police bother me none and like you say the best we can do is be true to ourselves!

the Morality police need to pull that beam out of their own eye first - how else are they going to clearly see the dust in mine to remove it?

Live and let live. Anyone else's version of "morality" isn't what I'm going to be judged on in the end, so why is it for me to worry and fret over? Same goes for the Morality Police.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Good for you for standing up to her ex! My best friend was abused by a similar man, although I hesitate to call him a man.. he wasn't a real man.

he was a big ol' boy - around six and a half feet tall. I'm just an inch or two over six feet, but ain't got no reverse gear for backing up. He came over to the house to pick up some odds and ends, and left all pale and shaky. Went and told his friends that I was "over seven feet tall, and covered with hair - a giant mean guy". I laughed so hard that I nearly cried - but of course I didn't actually cry - that would be unmanly, and unbecoming of a giant hairy guy! I never figured out where the "hairy" part came in - I'm balding as well as scrawny!

Maybe that is part of the problem, we don't teach our boys the qualities a real man should have. They confuse controlling others for being in control. For a knuckle dragging a-hole, you seem to have a pretty decent heart.

Exactly so. One must FIRST be able to control themselves before EVER having a hope of being in control of anything else at all. it all starts right in the middle of YOU. That's what I tell my son, anyhow. he seems to be catching on. You're right, being "controlling" is a sign of a LACK of control, an insecurity where one feels a need to control an out of control personal environment. It's nothing more than an expression of fear.

edit on 2011/10/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
OP, it is about time we have the sacred feminine come back to our world. If women came in control of our world, we would become far more enlightened.

Women are far more enabled beyond us men. They have strength that is much different than males. I'm looking forward to the better sex leading us into the future.

How unbelievable that we require women not only work, but also fulfill all duties in the home environment.

Slavery ended with Lincoln. Yet women take the burden of life and excel. They may not like it, but they do it. Women should rule the world and they...... more than deserve the position. The world will die with men in control.

Look at history. Women are far stronger and outlive us pig men.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

You're right.

I personally would never yearn for a Woman who was already in a relationship, though. I know I could never trust such a Woman and she would likely repeat the same thing to me, should she ditch her old boyfriend / husband for myself.

that's what my dear old dad used to tell me - "If she'll do it to him, she'll do it to you, too. Why bother with her?"

But I question how many Men are actually aware that the girl they are casually sleeping with are involved?

None of the guys I know would admittedly get involved in such a thing, for obvious reasons.

it never fails to amaze me how little some people know about the people they're perfectly willing to swap fluids with. I know a woman who was all but shacked up with a guy - for a year or so - and was shocked to find out he was married. Now, if you don't even know if that person is involved at all with someone else, how are you going to know with any reasonable certainty just how much penicillin you need to stock up on because of their OTHER casual flings?

A wise man once told me that any time you go to bed with someone, you're also sleeping with every one else they've ever slept with - so you damn well better know a bit more about them than their favorite color!

This all leads back to Women. Sure, it takes two to tango, but like Men, some Women can be chronic liars, shamelessly so. And I think Men have far less to gain (sex) from such complicated relationships, whereas Women stand to gain economically from relationship-hopping.

you're right, and it's nothing new. Those sorts have ALWAYS been with us, in both genders. best to know who YOU hang out with, and let other folks worry about their OWN penicillin stock.

men actually have a lot more to LOSE from hopping around, and yet some are still overly gung-ho to do it, never bothering to think, plan, or plot at all beyond their next roll of the dice. It boggles the mind, for without them, the immoral women would be dead in the water, so to speak. Because of that, I believe those men will also get what's coming to them eventually, and immoral women are the agents of that retribution. They actually seem to have a function in society, too!

ETA: I tend to think of them like this: They are the wolves who cull the weakest bulls out of the herd - those bulls who are unfit to lead the herd to begin with, since they aren't sharp enough to avoid the traps!

edit on 2011/10/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
OP, it is about time we have the sacred feminine come back to our world. If women came in control of our world, we would become far more enlightened.

No such critter. "Sacred" is "sacred" - it doesn't have a gender preference. What would be the antitheses? "The profane masculine"? Here's a news flash - without both, humanity is done for. How then can one be "sacred" and the other "profane"?

Women are far more enabled beyond us men. They have strength that is much different than males. I'm looking forward to the better sex leading us into the future.

Women are "enabled" for what women are suited to, same as men are. Ain't neither one leading ME nowhere. If you're looking for an external leader, you're looking at the wrong thing. 99 times out of a hundred, any one you allow to "lead" you is going to lead you straight into the jaws of a trap.

How unbelievable that we require women not only work, but also fulfill all duties in the home environment.

that's their choice, not anything we are "requiring" of them. Are you saying that women are less capable of controlling their own destinies than men are? If not, how are they having to tow "requirements" that men don't have to, and if so, WHY would you let them lead you into anything at all?

Look at history. Women are far stronger and outlive us pig men.

It must suck to be you, hating who you are like that. Did a woman somewhere teach you that mess?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join