It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night terrors and screaming !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Found myself being woken in the middle of the night by screams, yelling and cussing ...Deep screams, almost daemon like. I could hear them like it was me doing it.....Then...I head my name getting yelled, at first I wasn't to sure but then I heard it again and started snarling like a lion, like it was a territorial thing...It was me...I was doing all the yelling, screaming and roaring!!!! The one calling my name out was my son....He said I scared the living # out of him, he told me that the whole thing lasted almost 10 minutes. The only thing I remember is my hearing " Dad....DAD.....DAAAAD....." Still I wasn't awake and yelled out " How the # is there.....who's there...!!!???" I remember opening my eyes and seeing someone standing in the doorway and thinking to myself "don't you fu**** come any closer or I'll kill you" ! That's the part that scares me !!!

I finally snapped out of it but my son was standing there frozen stiff...Didn't know what to do, scared #less!!!!

What the hell is going on with my brain !!!?????

I have to mention that I take heavy sleeping medication and anti psychotics.....
edit on 7-10-2011 by Fox Molder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I have to mention that I take heavy sleeping medication and anti psychotics.....

Theres your answer dude

My brother has night terrors...hes 30.
He has had them all of his life...he is on no medication though. The things he has done whilst asleep is pretty amazing lol, lifting fitted carpets.....taking doors off hinges...all while hes asleep lol.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My girlfriend had the same experience. We were at my uncle's lake house, and had been drinking. She woke up the entire house and my uncle accused me and her of being on drugs...# him...but anyway it scared everyone in the house and i didnt know what she was doing. she was butt naked in the middle of the floor and i couldnt wake her. i reacted poorly and got very angery (we were sharing the house with like 10 other people so....ya). i yelled at her and she just cried. She didnt remember it the next morning....some months b4 the same thing happened. i found her naked and screaming in my bathroom at my house...we had been drinking that night too, but it wasnt just drunkeness although the alcohol may have set it off?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, i think you kind of answered your own question with the last bit of information you provided.

Try to rest a little more, relax. Perhaps you've been on ATS too much (we all have.) There are a lot of stressful things going on in the world every day, and if we sit at a computer screen and absorb it all...well, it's gotta get out somehow.

I have heard that Acupuncture can work for nightmares/night terrors. I would recommend looking in to it if this is or becomes a problem.

Maybe go outside more? Fresh air?

Hope all works out.
Much love.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
wow some crazy experinces posted here ..

im curious though if i were to ever encounter such an event with someone i know ?

would the best thing to do is just leave them be for 10 min or so untill it passes? making sure they don't hurt them selfs of course ... but the best thing to do is watch and ride it out ?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You answered your own problem with whats wrong with you . Heavt sedations and anti depressants . stop taking them as you will end up killing yourself or someone else .

Drink hot milk and honey at night time before bed and play some peacefull type music , that should get yu asleep .

There was a recent Coast to coast show with the guest talking about these drugs . You need to listen to it .
here is the link .

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Your last sentence is the key to your answer; however, do not self diagnosis and take yourself off of the meds. Go talk to your doctor, and tell him everything you typed here.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thanks everyone. I suffer from PTSD ever since the Gulf war. Been treated, being treated and will be treated for a long time to come......I had a major relapse in Sept 2001 and again in 2009....Lately been living through some hard stuff.

as for the meds...I wish I could let off...I've talked to my doctors...yes with an S, from my family doc to a neuro doc....I'll be on Meds for the rest of my life unfortunately.

That scary part is that I knew I was screaming, I could hear myself, I was moving, fighting, groaning...It was all very primal, I just could not control it, AT ALL !!

As for the fresh air...I love the outdoors, walk a lot, bike and for sports, I'm a soon to be black belt world Taekwondo federation graduate, practice the sport 3 to 4 times a week.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

You answered your own problem with whats wrong with you . Heavt sedations and anti depressants . stop taking them as you will end up killing yourself or someone else .

Please be VERY careful giving advice like this. A good many of these medications have severe mental and physical side effects as a result of cessation.

When looking to get off any sort of mind- or mood-altering medications, please check with a doctor or at the very least be very careful about stepping down dosages over a period of time. These things already cause enough misery, no need to inadvertantly cause tragedies by having people going cold turkey with them.

edit on 10/7/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Thanks everyone. I suffer from PTSD ever since the Gulf war. Been treated, being treated and will be treated for a long time to come......I had a major relapse in Sept 2001 and again in 2009....Lately been living through some hard stuff.

as for the meds...I wish I could let off...I've talked to my doctors...yes with an S, from my family doc to a neuro doc....I'll be on Meds for the rest of my life unfortunately.

That scary part is that I knew I was screaming, I could hear myself, I was moving, fighting, groaning...It was all very primal, I just could not control it, AT ALL !!

Sorry for this, friend.

One thing - as to the word of the doctors...western medicine thinks it knows a lot of things it doesn't really seem to know. Definitely don't make any changes for now without thoroughly reviewing things with these experts, but also don't let that stop you from doing independent research as you may find things are not as presented to you and there are other options out there that may eventually help you to deal with your issues while getting off these meds - stuff like this has a lot of unintended consequences and as far as I'm concerned only (sometimes) handles symptoms while leaving root causes undealt with.

I don't know if will do any good at this point and if you would be inclined to check options, but some studies have indicated very useful effects from some of forbidden substances - given ATS' resistance to such discussion I won't name names, but some could go on pizza and others are fun for rave parties. Anyway, much promise shown by these lately for various psychological and mental treatments, so if I were ever having such issues...speaking only personally for myself...I would at least consider looking into these options.

As far as how to address your issue otherwise - I can really only suggest prayer and reviewing further with your doctors in addition to finding some sort of effective counselling to resolve the root issues. Good luck with this and be blessed, friend.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
hey
have you heard about cranial electro stimulation? CES

CES helps with insomnia and anxiety! I have a CES device myself and my nightmares (and a lot of other problems) are gone...

en.wikipedia.org...

of course you should consult your doctor....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
About a year ago I underwent a treatment called EMDR to help with my PTSD and ever since then I've been dreaming and having nightmares.....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
About a year ago I underwent a treatment called EMDR to help with my PTSD and ever since then I've been dreaming and having nightmares.....

I`m sorry to hear that EMDR didn`t work for you. Did you finish the treatment? What kind of drugs do you take? Nightmares can be caused by antidepressants or other drugs. Sometimes the biochemical balance in the brain gets mixed up because of some drugs...I would strongly recommend a CES device like the biotuner from Sota. Research it!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealityDesigner

I`m sorry to hear that EMDR didn`t work for you. Did you finish the treatment? What kind of drugs do you take? Nightmares can be caused by antidepressants or other drugs. Sometimes the biochemical balance in the brain gets mixed up because of some drugs...I would strongly recommend a CES device like the biotuner from Sota. Research it!

I actually underwent 2 EMDR treatments and was never able to continue due to the expense but I will look in to the CES device.

Thank you !

Meds are Effexor, Seroquel Xr and sleeping pills !

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealityDesigner

I actually underwent 2 EMDR treatments and was never able to continue due to the expense but I will look in to the CES device.

Thank you !

Meds are Effexor, Seroquel Xr and sleeping pills !

whats your diagnosis?

schizophrenia? bipolar? depression?

maybe you should also research orthomolecular therapy...it changed the life of one of my clients...

here is part one of an interesting documentary about orthomolecular therapy:

here is a trailer for an other interesting documentary about orthomolecular therapy...

edit on 13-10-2011 by RealityDesigner because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2011 by RealityDesigner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
PDST cause by upbringing, combat and other unrelated compounding issues. I suffer from acute and paralyzing anxiety attacks.

I wish I was skitzoid...I could at least talk myself down from the attacks !!! LOL

new topics

top topics

join