It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sneaky u.s.citizens are unpatriotic

page: 1

join
share:
tr

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I was watching TV for some news this past weekend, just before the race I saw The lie department news. You know that blonde haired woman who talks like Donald Rumsfeld???( His assistant I suppose) She said that some people were getting their news SURREPTITIOUSLY. I looked it up- "done, made or acquired by secret or sneaky methods." Those people are truly ignorant. They should watch Hogan's heroes more often. Or watch just about any movie in the video store. Is it UNPATRIOTIC to listen to the shortwave radio??? BBC in particular was mentioned!!! Well yes I had learned about the report of our special forces being bombed by our own aircraft. Nothing was said before the game. I did hear the report on NPR 30 minutes later. Gosh I didn't realize I was a spy. I should get bullwinkle points or something.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So what are they saying? That all people who listen to the news are spies.

I'm confused, can someone clarify?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
consider any news source outside the regular media to be "sneaky"... They don't exactly want us to know a viewpoint contrary to theirs, now do they? Personally, I have a few favorite news sources outside of mainstream, so I guess I'm "sneaky" too, hehe...

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well you do seem kind of sneaky... Maybe your a spy! Sent to increase the posting quality on ATS!

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The thing that gets me about a lot (not all) of the pro-war people on this site is that they will happily back up their Governments stance on Iraq, say �yes it�s for the reasons they are stating� �there is no conspiracy� etc. Then in other threads they will complain and get worried with the rest of us about stories like this, the civil rights problems, the religious elements and a million other things the Bush administration is doing and yet they fail to see the connection. Are these things clearly separable? Are they really different issues? If you can see what is going on in the domestic front, why do you think their motives on Iraq are spotless? That Their foreign policies are sound?
Isn't that a little like having your cake and eating it?
Can�t you join the dots?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
(nice Labyrinth avatar btw...one of my favorite movies of all time
)

I fully believe in the "dirtier" reasons for this war, as well as the secondary reasons (which are being touted as the main ones). I don't remember ever contradicting on that... I'll defend the secondary reasons when I see them attacked, because I believe they are still valid, but I am under no delusions (at least in my eyes) of the other reasons behind this war. Unlike many though, I realize that sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to get the job done at times...especially when others are doing likewise to thwart you....and I can accept that.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
wasn't referring to you Garzok, just venting frustration.

Labyrinth is a quality film man, those little red guys that throw their heads about crack me up every time!

[Edited on 7-4-2003 by kegs]

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think her comment is being taken out of context. I believe she is refering to questions reguarding reports from Iraqi TV stating that the U.S. was giving up, being defeated, been stopped by Rep. Guard and all the BS they are touting. Its a polite way of telling them they are full of crap. I would say what she meant was they were getting incorrect news that did not corrolate with actualities of the operation.

new topics

top topics

join