It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold-Fusion/LENR: E-CAT running in self-sustained mode!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The 'energy catalyzer' is loaded with nickel powder and a number of secret catalysts and is pressurized with hydrogen gas. Excess heat is possibly produced via an unknown nuclear reaction, involving nickel and hydrogen.
So if the inventor were to mysteriously die, the secret catalysts would be unknown?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What a bunch of BOLOGNA, Italy!

Just kidding. This is actually VERY good news! Actually, just the fact that this is out there in the public realm of knowledge is incredible. These types of technologies are not new, indeed, if cold fusion is legitimate than it was just as real 20 years ago when it was revealed before to the world and quickly covered up. The powerful are just as they have always been called: fat cats; because anything with a certain stink on it is BOUND to be covered up.

Whether this is truly viable, I don't know. But the possibilities and the fact, as I said, that this is actually getting out there for people to see and learn about, it incredible. I think they might finally be ready to let us advance to the next age of technology. Of course it will be at vast profits to themselves, and until they can get the profit margins right, it will have to wait.

Originally posted by SavedOne
Well it sounds interesting, but I'm a little disturbed by the description that they're pumping water in and it's being given off as steam. Is it for cooling purposes or is it part of the reaction? Does it need to be potable water? If the unit can use saltwater then that should be fine, but if it requires potable water then it may not be a viable energy source considering the extreme shortage of potable water in much of the world. Africa has been slammed, and it's even here in Texas, I just got notice yesterday that we're going to stage 3 water rationing which means we can now only water our yards twice a month and planting new landscaping is strictly forbidden (not that it matters, no one is stupid enough to plant anything new during this extreme drought and these record-setting high temperatures we've been suffering though)

The above quote is very important to think about. I hope sea water will do.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

I find it hard to say there is a "water shortage". I think it is relevant. Come over my way, where we have gotten more of it than we can handle. The whole water shortage is mosnomered. It is simply that the water is migrating. The environment and climate are slowly but constantly changing, and so the water moves too. Water in a closed system like the earth is always here , just the location changes. I know the MSM claims differently, just giving my theory on it here. I think texas will dry up for a few hundred year, then the pendulum will swing back and they will be fertile and lush again.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Go Rossi
hope this one goes the distance, been following them for a few months now..

To the people complaining about it using water... what? Cheap energy = cheap desalination plants = cheap fresh water...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

“We had a preliminary agreement with a very important party in the U.S., but when we received the final draft, it included conditions that our lawyers said that we should not accept”, Rossi told Ny Teknik.

Convenient.

First the Greek company that was borne out of a gmail address and a shoddy website was dropped, now the US customer is dropped...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn
1) It is part of the reaction. Nuclear plants work the same way. It produces steam, and steam is used to move the dynamos that produce electricity.

Nuclear plants waste tremendous amounts of water, it's one of the reasons some countries are moving away from them.

Originally posted by Leahn
4) Shortage of potable water in the world is due to waste and pollution. Fix those problems and you fix the consequences. Yes, I consider "watering your yard" to be a waste. Use grey water for it instead.

That's a truly ignorant statement, I specifically mentioned Africa which you shouldn't even need to research to know is undergoing a horrendous multi-year drought that's killed untold numbers and caused an unprecedented famine. Texas is not comparable to the disaster in Africa, but we're in the grips of an extended drought that has dried up our reservoirs and caused fires that have burned thousands of acres of farmland and also claimed hundreds of homes and businesses. As for watering the yard, all of our grey water goes right onto the yard (we have an anaerobic septic system- sprinkler heads) and it waters about 10% of the lot. Grey water doesn't go nearly as far as people think. The rest has to be watered with municipal water. Not watering is not an option here, the entire region is black clay and if it's not watered it creates giant cracks that endanger built structures (as an architect these are things I'm consulted on, so I'm speaking from a place of experience). Even with the watering there are big cracks all over the place due to the extreme temperatures, but in the case of our lot we keep enough water on it to keep the house from being damaged. But if this drought continues and with the additional water rationing, all the homes and buildings in the entire region will be at risk of structural damage. Now you tell me, does a power plant that uses huge amounts of water to generate electricity sound reasonable for Texas or Africa? If you said "yes" then it's because you live in a comfy little place with plenty of water and have a huge misunderstanding of the impact of water shortages on a region. But the way things are going in this world you'll get your own taste of global warming soon enough.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
I find it hard to say there is a "water shortage". I think it is relevant. Come over my way, where we have gotten more of it than we can handle. The whole water shortage is mosnomered. It is simply that the water is migrating. The environment and climate are slowly but constantly changing, and so the water moves too. Water in a closed system like the earth is always here , just the location changes. I know the MSM claims differently, just giving my theory on it here. I think texas will dry up for a few hundred year, then the pendulum will swing back and they will be fertile and lush again.

Here's what most people don't seem to understand- if temperatures continue to climb it simply won't matter how much water is available. Texas is a preview of what the entire country will be like if global warming is real. We're seeing it first because we already have unusually hot summers. This entire year we've seen temps ranging from 5 to 10 degrees above normal. Now if you live in a region that's normally 80 and now it's 85-90 it may seem warmer to you, but it's no biggie. But here we already get 100+ temps in the summer and now we're seeing 105-110. What rain we get instantly soaks into the ground, there's no runoff. When there's no runoff then your water reservoirs do not get replenished, and for those that don't know, water reservoirs (lakes) are where municipal water is stored. This is exactly what we've seen, it's so much hotter now that any rain that falls is gone the second it hits the ground. Our lakes are all drying up due to the lack of runoff. It's true that we've had a shortage or rain too, but if these temperatures continue even if we return to average rainfall it won't be enough.

Edit to add- Lake Lavon is the main reservoir for the Dallas/ Fort Worth area and is 12 1/2' below normal. It's now under 50% capacity. Lakes in the Austin area are even lower. Reports are that 66 million trees have been lost in the Houston area alone. My mother lives in the Houston area and said that historic oaks all over Houston are dead or dying. Get ready folks, this may very well be a taste of things to come.
edit on 7-10-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It is troubling that Rossi says he does not have a US sponsor for his megawatt e-cat. KPCB dot com is an Al Gore linked enterprise, and seems to be the home of e-cat.com.
could be smoke and mirrors.
here is a real report from the Oct 6 test

www.nyteknik.se...

or go to nyteknik dot se.

This site sponsored the test... and reading the forums there show a lot of technical questions about how the test is run. It indicates to me that the nyteknik group is not participating in an attempt to help Rossi run a scam, if such it is.

and to boncho, look up ad hominem argument and see if that applies to your response.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

and to boncho, look up ad hominem argument and see if that applies to your response.

You should look up Modus Operandi... See if that applies to Rossi. We have someone who previously developed energy products, shipped them to customers, they failed to preform and he blamed it on his outsourced manufacturing.

Now that Defkalion is out, and the US interest is out, (Rossi himself claimed to have received money from the US interest) Whos next??

It does not seem convenient for Rossi?

No?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hey boncho, i see you are clearly one of the people with the biggest problem to accept this as real, not a hoax, so basically i have a question for you, what would it take for you to be convinced? Nyteknik is part of the MSM here in sweden, they don´t post hoax articles, they are very scientific in what they usually cover. That is one of the reasons i am convinced this must be real, at least. Also building that container, all the work on such a "hoax" that just doesn´t make sense to me. Also even if Rossi has problems with funds(understandable), and hard times to find a reliable parther that doesn´t try to extort him, he is still going to start upp that plant at the end of october (THIS MONTH) like he have been saying all the time, obviously he have built it himself already, and is sticking to his guns even though he has alot of setbacks and doubters on his heels.

Why if it is all a hoax? Surely he must be a madman then, to invite scientists and doctors to attend tests on such a elaborate contraption, and even succeeding in having them going home convinced it is not a hoax? What kind of madman is that?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

...what would it take for you to be convinced?

A blind study being done on Rossi's machine.

Nyteknik is part of the MSM here in sweden, they don´t post hoax articles

This is not a valid line of reasoning to give weight to something...

See: Schon Scandal

The Schön scandal concerns German physicist Jan Hendrik Schön (born 1970 in Verden) who briefly rose to prominence after a series of apparent breakthroughs with semiconductors that were later discovered to be fraudulent.

all the work on such a "hoax" that just doesn´t make sense to me.

Replace Hoax with, Pathological Science or Fraud.... Although, given that Rossi's engineering diploma and weak educational background, I don't know if you would categorize his failures as any type of science.

..obviously he have built it himself already, and is sticking to his guns even though he has alot of setbacks and doubters on his heels.

The guy has blatantly lied again and again since his first announcement. "Sticking to his guns" isn't the first phrase I would use describing Rossi. We will see what he does with his promised plant...

Surely he must be a madman then, to invite scientists and doctors to attend tests on such a elaborate contraption....

He invites people to do observations, not tests.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It needs to be fed water right? Correct me if I am wrong, but if this becomes the standard, wont that push the price of water up? Wouldnt we just kill each other over water rather than oil?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rukas

Ehm whats up with all the "it uses water" bull#? It doesn´t use more water than a car, also this water is not consumed, just transformed into steam and back, to make motion to drive a generator. That is hardly an issue in any way, shape or form. Why aren´t you guys bashing all the car owners that use water in their cars cooling system which is needed for it not to overheat?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Rukas

Ehm whats up with all the "it uses water" bull#? It doesn´t use more water than a car, also this water is not consumed, just transformed into steam and back, to make motion to drive a generator. That is hardly an issue in any way, shape or form. Why aren´t you guys bashing all the car owners that use water in their cars cooling system which is needed for it not to overheat?

Woah dude. I wasnt bashing anybody for using water. I was just asking a question, and if commenting on anything I was commenting on human nature.

This is great technology and I hope it sees application in the mainstream.

In fact I am a bit disappointed that this thread hasn't gotten more attention... Come on guys!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Not only was it generating energy while it was heating the coils, it would have *continued* to produce energy, with no input in a self sustained mode for as long as wanted, or at least until the Nickel based catalyst and hydrogen lasted for and of course the water to cool and extract the energy from lasted for too.

The thing would have produced a very much larger amount if the test had ran longer than three hours in self sustained mode, the article Alfa quoted mentions itself that the self sustained reaction showed no signs of stopping or slowing, the test was simply stopped. So, it would have continued to produce much more energy.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rukas

No, the price of water wouldn't go up..nor would it need to when this technology matures a little. Everything will be closed loop as much as possible, with minimal user input required. Especially when this tech gets miniaturised for home and vehicle power plants, it'll need to be something with minimal end user fiddling required so will recycle the water used to make steam.

The steam condenses, and the water is fed back to the tank, minimal water usage.

Even if it let the steam vent it'll just condense down as condensation and rain, and the planet is covered in water and it's a lot easier to get to than Oil in the ground.

Urine is free, and running that through the E-Cat will turn it into pure water, while concentrating the minerals and nutrients which can be collected and used as a valuable (and organic) crop fertiliser too, the same is true of seawater...bonus!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join