It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold-Fusion/LENR: E-CAT running in self-sustained mode!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
www.nyteknik.se...

The Rossi E-cat is for real people, prepare for the energy revolution to hit us any time now, further sinking the economy by making obsolete most of the current energy markets.

In the above link, you can see that the E-cat (latest model) have now been tested to run in self sustained mode for over 3 hours, generating output without any input on just a few grams of nickel.

Also, the 1MW plant is apparently already finished, just waiting to be shipped to the US, here is the link with a video showing the insides of the container.

www.nyteknik.se...

And for any doubters still out there, believing this to be a hoax, i can say this: this is no hoax paper, this is one of, if not the most respected technology sites in sweden, and they have sent their own professors and scientists over to verify that this is indeed real. I am swedish myself so i can verify this.

The consequences of this is staggering if you just think about it, when it hits the market.
edit on 7-10-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have to say, I'm a bit sceptical after I read this...

As in previous tests, the start-up was effected by heating the E-cat with an electrical resistor at about 2.7 kilowatts, this time for about four hours, in order to achieve, according to Rossi, sufficient stability.

The power to the resistor was then switched off, and the reactor functioned in self sustained mode for about three and a half hours, with no measurable signs of decrease
By a conservative estimate, Ny Teknik calculated power output during self sustaining operation at two to three kilowatts

So as I understand it, they fired 2.7 kilowatts in for fours hours,
and then got about the same out for three hours.

What is so remarkable about that?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well if you read the detailed report HERE you will see that it was running the whole time, generating power, even during the 4 hours that the resistor was being fed. So the total output was far greater than the input, but you are right, the wording is not clear in that article, you have to look at the detailed data to understand what actually was done.

Also worth noting is that the E-cat contains 3 reactor cores, only one of which was used for the test, according to rossi.
edit on 7-10-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

That would depend on whether they terminated the experiment or if it ceased to function on its own. If they terminated it, it is posible that the energy output would far outweigh what is put into it thereby proving cold fusion is a viable energy source and not the wild goose chase we were led to believe.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by alfa1

Well if you read the detailed report HERE you will see that it was running the whole time, generating power, even during the 4 hours that the resistor was being fed. So the total output was far greater than the input, but you are right, the wording is not clear in that article, you have to look at the detailed data to understand what actually was done.

If I got this right the reactor was being fed 2.7 KW for 4 hours while producing 2.7 KW, and then remained producing it for 3h more, when they shut it down. Did I get it right?
edit on 7/10/2011 by Leahn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcanem
reply to post by alfa1

That would depend on whether they terminated the experiment or if it ceased to function on its own. If they terminated it, it is posible that the energy output would far outweigh what is put into it thereby proving cold fusion is a viable energy source and not the wild goose chase we were led to believe.

After reading the detailed report, it is clear that they stopped the experiment. It says, "At the end of the test, the heat production was slowed down by eliminating hydrogen pressure and increasing the water flow from the peristaltic pump through the E-cat."

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

...should have been shipped to a U.S. customer a few days after we saw it – was still on site.

“We had a preliminary agreement with a very important party in the U.S., but when we received the final draft, it included conditions that our lawyers said that we should not accept”, Rossi told Ny Teknik.

I am glad to see this section. My thoughts from earlier articles was that if it went to someone in the U.S, that it would never be heard of again.

Hope they learn a lesson from that and get initial contracts outside the US until it gets established.

And if it works....
... all those illegal wars to gain control and profit from that oil was a bigger waste of lives and money.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well it sounds interesting, but I'm a little disturbed by the description that they're pumping water in and it's being given off as steam. Is it for cooling purposes or is it part of the reaction? Does it need to be potable water? If the unit can use saltwater then that should be fine, but if it requires potable water then it may not be a viable energy source considering the extreme shortage of potable water in much of the world. Africa has been slammed, and it's even here in Texas, I just got notice yesterday that we're going to stage 3 water rationing which means we can now only water our yards twice a month and planting new landscaping is strictly forbidden (not that it matters, no one is stupid enough to plant anything new during this extreme drought and these record-setting high temperatures we've been suffering though)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
Well it sounds interesting, but I'm a little disturbed by the description that they're pumping water in and it's being given off as steam. Is it for cooling purposes or is it part of the reaction? Does it need to be potable water? If the unit can use saltwater then that should be fine, but if it requires potable water then it may not be a viable energy source considering the extreme shortage of potable water in much of the world. Africa has been slammed, and it's even here in Texas, I just got notice yesterday that we're going to stage 3 water rationing which means we can now only water our yards twice a month and planting new landscaping is strictly forbidden (not that it matters, no one is stupid enough to plant anything new during this extreme drought and these record-setting high temperatures we've been suffering though)

1) It is part of the reaction. Nuclear plants work the same way. It produces steam, and steam is used to move the dynamos that produce electricity.

2) Unclear, probably not.

3) Saltwater would probably rust everything in no time.

4) Shortage of potable water in the world is due to waste and pollution. Fix those problems and you fix the consequences. Yes, I consider "watering your yard" to be a waste. Use grey water for it instead.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

Then they have made thier point, cold fussion is a viable and achievable energy source. I must appologize as I am at work and don't have the time to do more than a cursory inspection of the facts.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I am skeptical.
I wanna see that MW reactor running for a month putting out power.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
UMMM oooo wow As for using water not a problem as the steam can be condensed back into water and used again and again in a closed system
no radiation ok well no radiation that last more then a few seconds out side the reactor .
Mealt down well it just shuts down by its self and 2 seconds later is safe to enter .
with this humans could become a lv 1 civilization.
a totaly self sustained power source totally none pollution . Now if we can just give up using oil ,give up killing each other give up just flushing our garbage and totally recycle it .
Humans could acutely become something more then just a smart animal

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

F&S for sure! Great find! I can't wait for this to go public in a big way, hopefully initiating a quantum leap in the way we view energy production across the globe. This could be the perfect catalyst to awaken the masses to the fact that we don't have to pollute ourselves into oblivion, using fossil fuels, in order to meet our current and future global energy demands. Not to mention the great things that can be accomplished once we've achieved a state of "energy abundance."

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580I am skeptical.

You're not being skeptical. You're merely moving goalposts.

Originally posted by xxcalbiera totaly self sustained power source totally none pollution.

I am not entirely sure about the "self-sustaining" part. I mean, even if it is cold-fusion, it still needs something to fuse, right? It is like stars. They fuse hydrogen, but they don't create it. Once it runs dry of it, it dies.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
PesWiki

Here's a link to them.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn

Originally posted by grey580I am skeptical.

You're not being skeptical. You're merely moving goalposts.

Originally posted by xxcalbiera totaly self sustained power source totally none pollution.

I am not entirely sure about the "self-sustaining" part. I mean, even if it is cold-fusion, it still needs something to fuse, right? It is like stars. They fuse hydrogen, but they don't create it. Once it runs dry of it, it dies.

The nickel has to be replenished. I think I heard it has to be serviced every six months or so. Rossi's device also has a catalyzer that nobody knows what it is for certain.
edit on 10/7/2011 by theyreadmymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

those scientist don't even have the most expensive equipment, yet they are achieving the same principles, thats what we need to see in this world, 2 thumbs up. and for anyone trying to say this is a hoax, obviously havent been doing their research about different forms of energy and about the scientific method.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I must say this is one really elaborate hoax, if it turns out to be a hoax. Just look at the containers and how much has must been gone work into that.

But then after all, if they even have got 100k fundings to produce the reactor, building such a showpiece is not a big deal. After all, they might get another order before it is busted after the delivery.

However, this is the most promising project of such kind i have vitnessed, that said there is something murky about it... insulation tape over the reactors in a project producing 1MW, really?!

edit: it gets even fishier. apparently it is not supposed to produce 1MW at the beginning, to keep it stable. Some kind of auxilliary unit will be connected. This does not sound good.

Please mr. rossi, surprise me once and for all!
edit on 7-10-2011 by varikonniemi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Essentially Rossi claims to have achieved a ratio of approximately 8:1 as far as power produced to power used over a 6 hour test. (I rounded the figures) That's pretty impressive. I hadn't heard anything about this guy until now. I have to quit burying my head in the sand after reading all those eot threads.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Actually from reading Rossi just now he is claiming it to be LENR, Low-Energy Nuclear Reaction and not cold fusion. Cold fusion in my opinion is impossible.

Also, from tests done on this device the copper isotopes on the spent fuel rods match natural copper isotopes, so there is a big sigh in the scientific community that it doesn't work and is a hoax.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join