It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Flames and how I found mine.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I agree that this was beautifully written. There is truth there. Except that I don't believe no one else will do. This is only a phase or level in what a twin flame lesson is. Once you understand that level.. everyone becomes your twin. Even the rocks become your twin. This is what will save humanity. Oneness. Even the ugly is "owned" and integrated. Even the sick and twisted.. is your twin.

Originally posted by alliswell

Originally posted by bestintentions
what can I say ?

I was thinking of a thread on the twin flame myself, but for the depth and vastness of our experience I could not phrase it properly. I knew somebody will do it soon. well done !

I know every thought and experience risen angel and stratos fear have expressed. same here – I won’t go into details.

However I would like to comment on pellian's post:

’ I am sorry that she didn't like you. The reason why she did not recognize you is that her life is filled with the wrong things and just like having a very dirty windshield she cannot see. I think that the best thing for you would to try to get over over it. Its more important that you find somebody else even if she is not your twin flame. We are not on the earth have pleasure but to correct things in our lives right now. ’

it is a common acknowledged fact that when twin flames meet, they both recognize it. it seems to be always the same story though: one is seemingly more ready than the other.

it is exactly this scenario that propels both on an extremely powerful learning curve. the lessons are the same as for anyone else at any stage: to overcome ego by fully understanding it. but at the stage of meeting the elusive twin flame, that truly is edged into our hearts, the challenges are incredible.

a person touched by the twin flame will not try to get over it. you fall into deepest depression for doing that. quite the contrary you will have to own what is in your heart totally and learn not to have one single wish anymore. you have to fill yourself with a very high quality of love to be able to keep going in a healthy manner.

you will learn that ‘nobody else’ will do. you will see what a farce ‘relationships’ and ‘marriages’ are and in what havoc and turmoil humanity is, because people choose ‘anybody’ and produce offspring. once you experienced the love and purpose of the twin flame you know that sacred love is the path to save the world.

this is service for humanity. to live in this absolute truth – with your twin ray alive in your being yet not physically together. and then…… who knows……

sorry my English is not my first language.

Beautifully written. Your's and the OP's posts have helped to clarify some things for me on this. Interesting read.

When I was in my early teens I met someone, whom I believed beyond reasonable doubt, was my soulmate. I dont exactly know how or why I came to this conclusion. Of course all of the physical factors normally attributed to these kind of attractions were there, but the instant we met, I felt a deep attraction and kinship with this person that is perplexing even to my adult self. And I did not believe anything about soulmates or twin flames at the time, but my young self immediately thought 'well, it is true, and this must be it'. The experience was profoundly unlike anything else I have encountered to this day; many, many moons later. As time went on though, I came to the conclusion that it was the warm flutterings of first love that overwhelmed me... nothing outside the range of ordinary experience. Maybe...Probably. Nothing came of that encounter, not even a friendship. I observed ( ok oggled) from afar and yearned for something, anything significant with the guy but the attraction scared the heck out of me, robbing me of my confidence. However, the experience stayed with me for years.

And whats even more perplexing is that after a ten year gap of not thinking of this person, they are now suddenly present in my dreams and in my heart again. I am a married lady, albeit not happily, but oh boy was this a source of shame and confusion for me. I tried ridding myself of these...feelings/notions /?? but it nearly gave me a heartattack! So, I stopped fighting it and something good did come of this. My heart exploded with love and I experienced the 'oneness' , the calm, and total bliss others have spoken about. Maybe that was why this had to happen, in this way. But I have been going through this 'awakening' process and many things not easily explained have begun to manifest in my life. So, I guess this is one of those 'things'. I have learned to just go with it and trust that God/Source/Universe is in control.

The times we're in now are strange but fascinating...

edit on 14-4-2012 by alliswell because: Sudden courage

edit on 14-4-2012 by alliswell because: BC

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by RisenAngel77

reply to post by seagrass

It seems like the fear, at least in my case, was because we could practically see into each other, so there was no privacy whatsoever. We were exposed to each other. Did you have anything like this?
Yes, and more. They can not only see into you, it is as if the script was written too perfectly. Their words have meaning like no other. They say the perfect thing. You listen to them like no other. You remember every word, every event.. almost every moment is etched into your soul. You can conjure their "essence" as if they are standing right behind you. They haunt you. Standing next to them feels like food and you don't need anything. The list goes on and on. The signs start.. you cannot wake up without thinking of them, it's difficult to concentrate on anything else.
They can know what you are thinking, guess at the deepest secrets in your heart.

Wow...your words echo my experience so perfectly. Feelig 'haunted' by their essence...signs and synchronicity, feeling as if you are telepathically connected. I don't know if my situation is a twin flame one, but all of the posts Ive read thus far, I couldve written myself.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Don't worry about the label. Too many do. Too many act as if it is a special club. It's not. It's just that these experiences happen when it's time. Time to get it. It's not a fun thing. It has its moments of sacred brilliance, but it can be a two sided coin for most. Part of the qualities of a mirror. Part of the duality that it is... meant to destroy. Everyone has a different story. Like a disease, some have symptoms the other person does not. But if you are experiencing something that defies all logic, that you cannot explain to the average person, that makes you ask if you are crazy, then most likely you are having a twin flame lesson.

Originally posted by mossme89

It seems like the fear, at least in my case, was because we could practically see into each other, so there was no privacy whatsoever. We were exposed to each other. Did you have anything like this?
Yes, and more. They can not only see into you, it is as if the script was written too perfectly. Their words have meaning like no other. They say the perfect thing. You listen to them like no other. You remember every word, every event.. almost every moment is etched into your soul. You can conjure their "essence" as if they are standing right behind you. They haunt you. Standing next to them feels like food and you don't need anything. The list goes on and on. The signs start.. you cannot wake up without thinking of them, it's difficult to concentrate on anything else.
They can know what you are thinking, guess at the deepest secrets in your heart.

Wow...your words echo my experience so perfectly. Feelig 'haunted' by their essence...signs and synchronicity, feeling as if you are telepathically connected. I don't know if my situation is a twin flame one, but all of the posts Ive read thus far, I couldve written myself.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Is there only one Twin Flame?

And do we run into them in this life time, even when it's not immediately evident?

Great story OP!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Vanitas HI!! How are you my heart-shaped friend? Good to see you.
reply to post by Vanitas

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
In all of my life, I have found that there are always at least three answers... to every question. Yes, No and Maybe. Duality is like that, it's designed that way... Light Dark and Gray. But when you have a Twin Flame experience, you will know. It's designed that way as well.

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Is there only one Twin Flame?

And do we run into them in this life time, even when it's not immediately evident?

Great story OP!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Neither do I..how can one think this way and continue on with their life's work deeply depressed and pining for a possible love interest? Most of the stories that Ive read about flames do not include a happy romantic ending. That is why I believe there has to be something more for us to learn through these experiences. Love, by conventional standards, may not be the driving force of the twin flame relationship. For me, it served as a wake-up call, accelerating my spiritual transformation (woo woo me, if you like). In just the past three months, which is when the realization hit me, I have learned more about myself and realized more positive change in my life than I have in all of my decades.

Guess Ill go look up Steve Gunn now.

I agree that this was beautifully written. There is truth there. Except that I don't believe no one else will do. This is only a phase or level in what a twin flame lesson is. Once you understand that level.. everyone becomes your twin. Even the rocks become your twin. This is what will save humanity. Oneness. Even the ugly is "owned" and integrated. Even the sick and twisted.. is your twin.

what can I say ?

I was thinking of a thread on the twin flame myself, but for the depth and vastness of our experience I could not phrase it properly. I knew somebody will do it soon. well done !

I know every thought and experience risen angel and stratos fear have expressed. same here – I won’t go into details.

’ I am sorry that she didn't like you. The reason why she did not recognize you is that her life is filled with the wrong things and just like having a very dirty windshield she cannot see. I think that the best thing for you would to try to get over over it. Its more important that you find somebody else even if she is not your twin flame. We are not on the earth have pleasure but to correct things in our lives right now. ’

it is a common acknowledged fact that when twin flames meet, they both recognize it. it seems to be always the same story though: one is seemingly more ready than the other.

it is exactly this scenario that propels both on an extremely powerful learning curve. the lessons are the same as for anyone else at any stage: to overcome ego by fully understanding it. but at the stage of meeting the elusive twin flame, that truly is edged into our hearts, the challenges are incredible.

a person touched by the twin flame will not try to get over it. you fall into deepest depression for doing that. quite the contrary you will have to own what is in your heart totally and learn not to have one single wish anymore. you have to fill yourself with a very high quality of love to be able to keep going in a healthy manner.

you will learn that ‘nobody else’ will do. you will see what a farce ‘relationships’ and ‘marriages’ are and in what havoc and turmoil humanity is, because people choose ‘anybody’ and produce offspring. once you experienced the love and purpose of the twin flame you know that sacred love is the path to save.....

edit on 14-4-2012 by alliswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by alliswell

Neither do I.. how can one think this way and continue on with their life's work deeply depressed and pining for a possible love interest?

neither do i

you have to read more carefully, i think, and if you read all posts carefully you will come across my last post in this thread where I wrote

although I still think the longing for that absolute love we experience when in touch with the twin flame will never end and is the ultimate guide to be whole and fulfilled (that’s why I question whether we really need to be with the twin flame), I truly think now that anybody’s love is a fine love. as long as we are totally honest. if we are not accepted as we are – or we don’t accept someone else telling us their truth – it is not truly love. I would take such a love any day if I could find it.

and now i do not only allow for the possibility but can tell you with absolute certainty that seagrass makes a good point :

Once you understand that level.. everyone becomes your twin. Even the rocks become your twin. This is what will save humanity. Oneness. Even the ugly is "owned" and integrated. Even the sick and twisted.. is your twin.

i’m also sure i have not spoken my last word in this regard.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I recently found my twin flame but the age difference is horrible (24 years difference) and it makes me hate my age and lot in life because of it. I can't change that no matter how much I beg and barter.

So depressing.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
point taken. But upon further inspection you'll see that my post was a direct response to seagrass's comment. The quote was not copied fully, so some of your words were inadvertently taken out of context. No hard feelings. By the way, I enjoy reading about your thoughts on this.

Take care

Neither do I.. how can one think this way and continue on with their life's work deeply depressed and pining for a possible love interest?

neither do i

you have to read more carefully, i think, and if you read all posts carefully you will come across my last post in this thread where I wrote

although I still think the longing for that absolute love we experience when in touch with the twin flame will never end and is the ultimate guide to be whole and fulfilled (that’s why I question whether we really need to be with the twin flame), I truly think now that anybody’s love is a fine love. as long as we are totally honest. if we are not accepted as we are – or we don’t accept someone else telling us their truth – it is not truly love. I would take such a love any day if I could find it.

and now i do not only allow for the possibility but can tell you with absolute certainty that seagrass makes a good point :

Once you understand that level.. everyone becomes your twin. Even the rocks become your twin. This is what will save humanity. Oneness. Even the ugly is "owned" and integrated. Even the sick and twisted.. is your twin.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Then you are on your way.
Michael Teachings also speak on Twins. Only in this case, they call it Twin Essence. Anything written will help though. Any validation is useful to sort through. I spent a lot of time deeply depressed and pining. It's part of the process of going within, not to be put down nor degraded. It's a valuable part. You are right about it not being conventional, and most people would tell you to walk away, be good to yourself, you deserve better. But it is sometimes necessary to learn the hard way. It was a wake up call for me too, accelerating my spiritual growth as well. It's designed that way. It works. The growth and change is what it is all about. Thank them. Then...who knows..what a new perspective might bring.

Neither do I..how can one think this way and continue on with their life's work deeply depressed and pining for a possible love interest? Most of the stories that Ive read about flames do not include a happy romantic ending. That is why I believe there has to be something more for us to learn through these experiences. Love, by conventional standards, may not be the driving force of the twin flame relationship. For me, it served as a wake-up call, accelerating my spiritual transformation (woo woo me, if you like). In just the past three months, which is when the realization hit me, I have learned more about myself and realized more positive change in my life than I have in all of my decades.

Guess Ill go look up Steve Gunn now.

what can I say ?

you will learn that ‘nobody else’ will do. you will see what a farce ‘relationships’ and ‘marriages’ are and in what havoc and turmoil humanity is, because people choose ‘anybody’ and produce offspring. once you experienced the love and purpose of the twin flame you know that sacred love is the path to save.....

edit on 14-4-2012 by alliswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why beg? Why barter? This is your own wall. Tear it down. Look at each piece of the bricks that built it. Who said age matters? Did you? Did someone else? Does it matter? Who is in charge of what you believe? Does love have an age? An expiration date? What are you afraid of?

Originally posted by sarra1833
I recently found my twin flame but the age difference is horrible (24 years difference) and it makes me hate my age and lot in life because of it. I can't change that no matter how much I beg and barter.

So depressing.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
One thing I have come to believe, in all of this, is that a Twin Flame lesson which comes hard like it has to some of us, is a sign of an old soul. We chose to wake up to the "idea" we were asleep. Respectfully, anyone posting in this thread has come a long hard road. Wise and tired, most likely. Asking the deeper questions.. looking deep into a mirror. Long and hard and suspiciously. Honor yourselves in this. Be proud you see things most don't see. Wake up to the understanding gracefully and with peace. You are not crazy. Your soul knows things it has forgotten. There is no need to prove anything to anyone. Knowing is the all evidence you need. I truly believe we meet them when we are ready, even though it doesn't seem so. We are already whole.

point taken. But upon further inspection you'll see that my post was a direct response to seagrass's comment. The quote was not copied fully, so some of your words were inadvertently taken out of context. No hard feelings. By the way, I enjoy reading about your thoughts on this.

Take care

neither do i

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I found this video which is pretty informative. As with most sources, I don't necessarily agree 100% with what is presented, but I thought it might be of interest.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Personally, I replace the word "God" with Oneness and I agree with it 100%. Excellent video.

Originally posted by Open2Truth
I found this video which is pretty informative. As with most sources, I don't necessarily agree 100% with what is presented, but I thought it might be of interest.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Wonderful video.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I’m guessing you are quite young and may be experiencing “puppy love” you ever heard the song?

Anyway when two humans fall in love its quite common for them (or one of them) to believe “it was meant to be” the gods have arranged this and “our love will never die”. Its quite common for two humans in love to feel like the world could end but somehow their love will protect them. That they have found something that others have not, that if they were to have children together somehow these children will be a cut above the rest (genetically perfict and gifted), some mystical force has brought them together and their meeting was highly unusual, a rare ocurance….one word can sum-up 99% of these people “delusional”

I know a guy who seen a girl on a train that he liked but did not have the guts to approach her. Afterwards he figured the only way he was going to meet her again was to go to the same station at the same time and see if he would meet her again. When he eventually met her after going to that station nearly every day for one month and hanging around he proclaimed that it was "meant to be", that some mystical force had brought them together.

When he eventually got speaking to her she was not all that interested so he resorted to stalking her and “accidently” bumping into her occasionally. Eventually they got together , got married and had children.

When he talks about the circumstances of their meeting he puts it down to mystical forces at work….I would just say he had a very persistence personality and was a bit of a stalker.

He would say they were “twin flames”

BTW their children arnt special, quite dumb actually!
edit on 17-4-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The chances of Twin Flames getting together and having babies is pretty slim. A rare occurrence from the stories told. The mere physics and processes of letting go of egoic based philosophy in the modern age, makes it very difficult. Most often they merely kick start a revolution within their souls and cannot be near each other for long.
They come together again and again. But it's not usually for conventional purposes. It's to show each other how much work it would take, how many beliefs have to change, how many obstacles and fears we have placed before unconditional love. How much we judge. How fearful we really are. How far we will go to avoid true intimacy of the soul. Many can't handle it and dig deeper into the Ego Fortress. Building up the reasons not to change while ripping themselves apart to do so. To remain separate and avoid dissolving into oneness. The Ego doesn't want that. The Ego is strong. It can come up with all kinds of reasons not to. The urge to run is unbearable.
In the beginning.. when they meet.. it's glorious. But... then...

Twin Flames don't act like people who are "in love", they act like people who can't understand why they can't get this person to leave them alone. They can't get them out of their minds. They want to, but they can't. The more they try, the worse it gets. The more they try the more the world sends them signs and symbolic representations of them. The more "in their face" they get. They can "feel" them in the same room, when they are miles away. And yes, they seem completely "delusional". Only, they know this. They are completely aware that it makes no sense. They are completely aware they seem insane. And they obsess. Yes. It's constant. Until, they surrender. And allow themselves to just let the thoughts come, let the thing be what it is. Love them anyway. Even if they are no where in sight. Because as far as you run, you have to come all the way back again and start over. Start shedding those beliefs.. Telling Ego to STFU. To stop living in fear based beliefs that hinder all forms of happiness and truth.

The "wedding" and eventual "babydom" is for soulmates, task mates and traveling companions. For those who compliment a life mission. The dream we all seek.. They fairy tale. They can come closer. These soul mates. Oh, how we wish we could have one of those instead!

A similar story was told in the movie "Indecent Proposal". Robert Redford pined for a woman he saw on a train.
Yes, the story is as old as time itself. It's love at first sight, puppy love, and he gets the girl in the end. For Twins to do this is difficult, miraculous.

I think every Twin Flamer wishes at some point... they had never met them. Except of course the ones who could actually do it. I wouldn't wish a twin flame lesson on someone who was hoping for a happy ending, but I would wish it for someone who wanted to know "how to be happy". Alone or not. reply to post by LUXUS

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
May I express my gratitude for this thread and all who have posted and thank you for the confirmation. You think there is no one who understands or, at least in my world, who has been where we have been and understands.

It has taken me a full day to just go through the first 3 pages as I had to walk away and absorb what I have been reading. It is a difficult journey this one. Thank you seagrass, RisenAngel and BestIntentions. So much information and help.

I won't bother you with my story (except for a few points) as it has been told many times on this thread.

I am much older, 58 when I met the person, so no hormones, and 66 now. I thought my life was whole till I met the person. I was willing to give up my progress in this life to be together and for that I lost everything. Many precognitive dreams, knowings, just weird stuff all around. When he left, I felt half of me was gone...a half I didn't even know I lacked until he came into the picture. Someone said they wished they had never known them, this is true. I told a psychologist that if you could take my whole miserable life and roll it into a ball it would not compare with the pain I had gone through.

Someone else said that they could not be with another because someone would have to meet or exceed the person and it would be unfair to get involved with another when your heart is somewhere else. I have thought this many times. It was good to hear another express this understanding.

I won't go on, though I would like to, but just to say thank you again for this thread. So old I am and so many lessons to learn. I will check the many links as my 'emotional state' will allow.

My sincerest wishes to all who have laid out their stories for others to see we are not alone.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

brilliantly summed, up, seagrass, luxus, I am presuming has no idea what the experience of a soul connection/twin flame feels like( apologies in advance if I have all this wrong dude)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join