It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Flames and how I found mine.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I had the same thing, but mine started in grade 7.. I met this girl , we laughed together so much we got kicked out of class often.. We were too close to be bf/gf at the time.. and truthfully too young.. Junior high ended and we went our separate ways.. Low and behold we end up at the same high school..

We each date separately throughout high school.. Always keeping a close connection and friendship.. sh/t happened to me.. sht happened to her and we always leaned on each other for comfort.. I professed my love for her one day and she did the same.. but we were both with other people at the time and we both agreed things would be better if we kept our distances for a while.. at graduation,, we snuck off from our dates and made out.. not cuz we were horny.. but because we realized we were about to leave each other for good...and i guess both of us didn’t want to accept it and it was a, "what the hell" moment I never regretted..

She moved to London in the Uk to pursue some chef dream of hers.. I start working and met several other girls..over the years. I could never allow myself to accept them as I did her. There was no comparison to her. She was the one.

Years later, OUT of the blue, we meet at the mall..in the city where I've now settle down with my wife. We exchange pleasantries and discretely in front of our respective partners. I know that she knows what i know.. inside things. you know? lol.. Low and behold she lives in the same town as I am.. And get this; she just bought a house 2 doors down from mine! Conincidence? Comon! She isn't married yet but is preggers with second child.. while mine is preggers also.. We invite each other over for dinner and drinks often.. my wife even babysits her kids.. a year goes by and she comes to tell me she is splitting with her husband. She leans on me for support while she sorts her sheet out. Dude was not too cool. but whatever. I become the love stricken high school boy once again.. except that like the OP said.. my castle is built. I must restrain myself..

Even though I know SHE is the one. My queen sits by my side and my heirs will inherit my wealth.. or whatever will be left of it when I go. lol.. but I still love her. I love my wife. Its probably not love though. I feel at home with my wife and family. Its more than just love. I truly cared for her. Its like I'm scarred by her. I imagine a life with her and wonder what could of been.. She still lives in my area and we talk often..we're planning to go out for Holloween with the kids together. but I can't, and by that I mean, I won't allow myself to to reach out to her because the pain I would create in destroying my castle far outweighs the happiness and contentment I longed for with her. I reminder her once, of the pact we made about being together later in life.. our "you're the one I'm coming for just in case things don't work out".. she only smiled and without actually telling me, I knew she knew, I knew that she knew...I always wondered how come we never just got it on and just made a life for ourselves.. But I later realized that even though her castle came crumbling down, she wouldn't dare jeopardize my castle for her happiness because of the same pain that would create in her.

We just kept letting each other go throughout our lives but we always somehow, cosmically, otherwise found each other again out of pure coincidence. I often interpreted that as a sign that we were meant to be together.. but life sometimes has a funny and almost cruel way of letting you know. As I sit in my castle today, I realize all that I have gained and created without her and think that our lives are far from over and that we will find a way someday. Its just not now.

Hope that got your spirits up OP, you're not alone. Not by a long shot

edit on 7-10-2011 by Iiquiringmind because: way too many typos.. and readability

edit on 7-10-2011 by Iiquiringmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
I was told by someone who had quite alot of knowledge about twin flames that i would also see her within myself, but I was also told that I had to love myself completely. Now I understand why this was important. Because Twin flames also mirror eachother

And this is where the true crux lies... I'm only 21 and have only had a few brushes up against "love" thus far, none have ended "well" so to say as I'm still single and childless... if that's even an indication of "success" when it comes to being in a relationship, but I've jumped ahead of the cycle.

HUMANS mirror each other, it's natural instinct. When somebody is drawn towards you, they lean in when you speak. If you lean back and take a drink, within a few moments somebody "mirroring" you will be reaching for a swig soon after. It's subconscious and transcending... yawning anybody???

But once you've been indoctrinated on a level as deep as "marriage" it's easy to lose touch with what's really important to YOU because you're caught up in this fairytale of a life, literally. Right now you're hurting, and it's something that you're projecting (perhaps onto her as well?) and w/e pain you're seeing in her is just a "reflection" of your creation. I mean, it was YOU who plopped out of nowhere at this time while this woman already had an "established" life and "marriage"... By stating your true feelings and intentions you've threatened the very existense of her current world (reality) [marriage] and she's just reflecting the negativity that you imposed on her with your prepositions.

It just seems that YOU're upset that YOU're "twin flame" has "somebody" else... but are we truly individuals??? or are we not truly extensions of one another? Anything you feel is a result of what I projected... therefore your reaction is a reflection (reflex/reaction)... it just seems really one-sided IMO.

Change the action (thought/intentions/projection) to get a different reaction (reflection) from the people around you.

Are your intentions truly "pure"
Do you actually understand what you're suppose to "get out of" a "twin flame" union??? Or are you just expecting a relationship where everything runs smoothly "just because" she is "your" twinflame... that's where the crux lies... it only seems to be about YOU and by having all this pain over something that's out of your hands/control you're creating pain (within you) and projecting it (upon her)

Are we truly individuals?
Or just extensions of one another?
If we're all brothers,
Why do we force each other to struggle in pain,
over the vanity and things vain?
Drowning out our sorrow with champaign
it's a damn shame that we all don't recognize that we all champeens (champions)
edit on 7-10-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

Im not expecting anything, I know that twin flames have a purpose to serve the divine. That is what I am focusing on right now. The divine plan. There is no such thing as coincidences as a wise person once told me. Everything falls into place. Whatever happens in this lifetime happens. If not, it simply wasn't meant to be.

Yes I am sure my intentions are pure. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted this here and shared my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yes this kind of happened to me, I met a girl in Florida, Suzzanne, like 30 years ago. I'm from Michigan, was working in Florida, I was on kind of a bummer, but I looked up and the most beautiful girl in the world was standing right in front of me smiling.
I ask her out and she said she was seeing some one else, I said ok, but then about a week later I'm sitting in my truck, on kind of bummer, I look up and she's standing right there, looking at me. We talked, I tell her I was going back to Michigan, she says don't go. I when back to Mich..I did see her a couple more times, few years later. I'm not sure if she knew it, I was embarased because I had just gotten off work. So had she.we just happened to go to same store on way home, she pulled right next to me, as I was leaving, I think she might of seen me, but I just left.
I still dream about her, I still love her. Oh well.

My thought's have changed much, over the years, as it seems quite silly now, what my hormones were doing to me back then.

I've wanted to go back for 30 years.
edit on 7-10-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

always operate from love and truth. liberate yourself from expectations. make that the gift to yourself and your twin. that will bring you closer in your heart.

a few links that I found worthwhile

ps: the language I speak best is german and swiss actually, but my mother tongue is hungarian. now I live in australia.

please tell me what you think about reading in the links, scorpio.

www.harusami.com...
www.soulevolution.org...
www.greatdreams.com...
www.the-tantra-guide.com...star.goddess.tripod.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

yes, this resonance with all of us who know this experience…… and I am a scorpio-libra also. it is intense, isn’t it !?

the synchronicity and telepathy with this person in question is totally uncanny, to a point that it is mind boggling, testing sanity to the limits. I know what you mean by your similarities that are shown down to your signs. I could tell of things quite metaphysical that happened to me.

I do not bother too much in boxing my experiences. I knew about my strange observations before I even heard about the concept of a twin flame. it explains a lot but I feel that life’s lessons are always best tackled with pure personal understanding. after all, life provides according to your needs to grow.

there is also a lot of misunderstanding and misrecognition with twins.

I just asked myself where does this leave me?

never forget that this encounter is an opportunity of highest responsibility. it is beautiful how you recognise the importance of truth in love and relationship. that is sacred ! every time you grow above yourself, you tune the sound of the world to a more beautiful symphony !

I am a few years into this experience and I feel most balanced when I just hold still, let the memories and sometimes some hopes wash over me and evoke ever fresh teachings, and I work on being content as often as possible.

I have not heard of many people who actually came to be together as a couple. it is only sri aurobindo that I recollect.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely

It is important to make the distinction between Twin Flame and a soulmate. There exists only one pair of partners who are Twin Flames which is not a disposable union ... for the Essence of it can never truly be replaced with another mate. Contrarily, soulmates come in many different forms and different intonations ... for a soulmate is anyone with whom you have had a past life experience.

According to who?

Exactly.

Don't tell me what my soul mate is, chump.

It seems to me like you are struggling to find your own soul mate, thus projecting negative energy towards the OP. You can never find your significant other with such tones as this. I could be wrong but perhaps you are the chump here for failing to learn the message that the OP is trying to bring.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

It seems like Twin flames also represents an extreme challenge to the ego. I wonder if this has anything to do with enlightenment. When you think about it further, the ego and super ego are challenged beyond anything due to the high level emotions. That would explain why I encountered mine now when there is heavy talk about ascension and 5D earth.
edit on 8-10-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of my own encounter. I don't know whether she was a twin flame or not, only that I felt something, a bond, that I had never felt before. I'm pretty rational and logical and I kept trying to tell myself it was just a crush, I didn't actually like her, etc. But then I'd see her and all of that went out the window, I knew what I felt and what I felt was real...

Anyway, I met her through rather odd circumstances, at least for me. I saw her standing alone one day at school 2 years ago and decided to just go up and talk to her. I hardly ever did things like that, I was pretty shy, so this was odd. I started talking to her more and after that briefly talking when I saw her in the halls. Then, we started hanging out to do homework in the library. It was then that I started to really get weird feelings. I felt totally at peace around her and a feeling like "home", that's the best way I could describe it. I could tell she felt something too and that she enjoyed my company. Well, I came on too strong and messed things up. Long story, but basically I ended up offending her unintentionally and then it went downhill from there.

We avoided each other for months, and I fell into a deep depression. The best way to describe it is like falling from Cloud 9 to the darkest place practically overnight. Yet synchronicity followed. We'd go to the same place to avoid each other, or I'd run into her at stores 30 minutes after school. Then, she started thinking that I was stalking her. I apologized and avoided her until this March. I started talking to her again and things were going okay, but then I came on too strong again and scared her away. I ended up asking her out in a last ditch desperate move I probably shouldn't have, but at least now I know. I would have regretted it not knowing if she would have said yes or not. But, even then, when I was around her it was like nothing else mattered, it was just the two of us.

Still, just knowing her has probably been the most positive influence in my life ever. I've changed the most in the last 2 years than the 16 years before (I'm 18) and for the better. She inspired me to become a better person.

The defining characteristic between us is that we both have very strong reactions to each other, much more so than normal. After I messed things up, whenever I saw her, I felt a fear so intense that it was incapacitating for months, yet didn't have that with any other girls. She also seemed to react intensely to me. She was casual around many other people, even her boyfriends, but dead serious around me.

And another thing, when looking into her eyes, I felt like I was looking directly into her soul and I saw myself in her, if that makes any sense. It probably doesn't really...

Fast forward to now. I haven't seen or heard from her since June. I keep trying to forget her and move on, and come within days of doing so, but every single time, all the feelings come flooding back. Since then, girls have shown interest in me, but having felt what I felt, I know in my heart that the only cure is someone who I would like as much or more than her. Many days I wonder if I'm insane but as much as I try to push these memories and feelings out of my head and heart, I just can't. I can't rationalize with my feelings. I don't know, just wanted to share my story. If anyone has comments on it, feel free to share. I'm still trying to sort through this in my head and my heart. It's sort of a tug of war between my heart and head. My head tells me I'm nuts and I need to move on but my heart keeps pointing to her.

Originally posted by StratosFear
But heaven without her will never be heaven to me.

edit on 7-10-2011 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

So true, I feel the same exact way.
edit on 8-10-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
"Soulmates are TWO Singularities creating a Duality of ONE Love." - Old Toad Proverb

When you find your Soulmate (Twin Flame) and look into their eyes, you have no doubt who they are. It's like you've always known them. So when you said you first doubted she was your Soulmate, makes me doubt she is. I'd recommend you keep looking because if you are suppose to come together with her, she's looking for you. But understand, there's never a guarantee you will come together with your Soulmate, but I "believe" the odds are greater you will, than won't, so don't give up!

Gret thread!

Ribbit

Ps: I also found mine recently, after I had given up on finding her and it's taken me 49 years to find her. I've never married and have no tadpoles, so I guess I've unconsciously been waiting for her.

edit on 8-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

Originally posted by DieBravely

It is important to make the distinction between Twin Flame and a soulmate. There exists only one pair of partners who are Twin Flames which is not a disposable union ... for the Essence of it can never truly be replaced with another mate. Contrarily, soulmates come in many different forms and different intonations ... for a soulmate is anyone with whom you have had a past life experience.

According to who?

Exactly.

Don't tell me what my soul mate is, chump.

It seems to me like you are struggling to find your own soul mate, thus projecting negative energy towards the OP. You can never find your significant other with such tones as this. I could be wrong but perhaps you are the chump here for failing to learn the message that the OP is trying to bring.

As to the "chump" that thinks Soulmates are nothing more than Souls you've experienced life with, you are a chump!

Soulmates are born together, Yin-Yang, and this thing you call Life, isn't a learning experience for YOU, it is a learning experience for ALL Souls! WE the Souls, unlike You, learn from ALL experience, thus, WE learn from Everything!

You are a misguided fool that's bought your Truth, instead of EARNING it by questioning Everything!
I wouldn't doubt if you're one of the idiots that think there's a soul nursery, where Souls are nursed into adulthood?
When a Soul is born, it is connected to the Collective Consciousness of the One (God/Source), thus, WE kNow all that is known and dew not need to have our diapers changed! But you clearly need your diaper changed.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
"Soulmates are TWO Singularities creating a Duality of ONE Love." - Old Toad Proverb

When you find your Soulmate (Twin Flame) and look into their eyes, you have no doubt who they are. It's like you've always known them. So when you said you first doubted she was your Soulmate, makes me doubt she is. I'd recommend you keep looking because if you are suppose to come together with her, she's looking for you. But understand, there's never a guarantee you will come together with your Soulmate, but I "believe" the odds are greater you will, than won't, so don't give up!

Gret thread!

Ribbit

Ps: I also found mine recently, after I had given up on finding her and it's taken me 49 years to find her. I've never married and have no tadpoles, so I guess I've unconsciously been waiting for her.

You pretty much got the idea of it, however there is a difference between soulmates and twin flames. which i mentioned earlier in this thread. twin flames have a higher purpose and there is only one pair.

Soulmates however comes in more forms than just one. These have a higher chance to get romanticaly involved with eachother..

You mentioned something interesting. The Yin-Yang, 'opposites attract", perhaps this is the form of soul mates.

Whereas Twin flames are souls that are of the exact same essence of eachother. Same personality, same way of thinking, etc.

having met many soul mates cause I have met quite a few of them, my best friend being one. I can tell you that we did have an attraction towards eachother, while we had many things in common, we were still opposites. This may be the form of the Yin Yang. "opposites attracts".

It seems lately soulmates have been arriving at my life alot as well lately.

But it is my twin flame that I have the most interest in due to how connected we are and how much we understand one another. It is...mindboggling how the twin flames work. She/he is literally your other half. To understand your Twin Flame, all you need is to understand yourself.

This topic is intriguing because we keep learning more and more about what is really out there in terms of souls. I would like to thank everyone who posted their experiences. I am Glad I am not alone.

I know there is much much more to learn about this subject, and with discussion, perhaps we can arrive at a great conclusion

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Gret thread!

Ribbit

You pretty much got the idea of it, however there is a difference between soulmates and twin flames. which i mentioned earlier in this thread. twin flames have a higher purpose and there is only one pair.

Soulmates however comes in more forms than just one. These have a higher chance to get romanticaly involved with eachother..

You mentioned something interesting. The Yin-Yang, 'opposites attract", perhaps this is the form of soul mates.

Whereas Twin flames are souls that are of the exact same essence of eachother. Same personality, same way of thinking, etc.

having met many soul mates cause I have met quite a few of them, my best friend being one. I can tell you that we did have an attraction towards eachother, while we had many things in common, we were still opposites. This may be the form of the Yin Yang. "opposites attracts".

It seems lately soulmates have been arriving at my life alot as well lately.

But it is my twin flame that I have the most interest in due to how connected we are and how much we understand one another. It is...mindboggling how the twin flames work. She/he is literally your other half. To understand your Twin Flame, all you need is to understand yourself.

This topic is intriguing because we keep learning more and more about what is really out there in terms of souls. I would like to thank everyone who posted their experiences. I am Glad I am not alone.

I know there is much much more to learn about this subject, and with discussion, perhaps we can arrive at a great conclusion

You have only One Soulmate, the Soul you are born with (Yin-Yang) and Soulmates are Opposites, yet in this Life, you can be identical. Barrack Obama and Michelle are perfect examples. They are Soulmates and in this Life, they are Complimenting Soulmates:

Barrack's Numerology:

Born August 4th, 1961

8 + 4 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 1 = 29 = 2 + 9 = 11

Michelle:

Born January 17, 1964

1 + 1 + 7 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 4 = 29 = 2 + 9 = 11

My Numerology is 28, which is the 2nd Perfect Number and reduces to 1.

My Soulmate's Numerology is 33, which reduces to 6, which is the 1st Perfect Number.

6 is the 1st Perfect Number, I'm the 2nd Perfect Number, which equates to 1:

6 + 1 = 61
28 + 33 = 61

My Soulmate and I are Completing Soulmates.

Barrack and Michelle are very complete in-of-themselve's, thus, they compliment one another and both are Attorneys, which isn't surprising. My Soulmate and I have areas We excel in and areas We don't and my strengths are her weaknesses and her strengths are my weaknesses, thus, We Complete each other.

What's your Numerology and hers?

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Im not familiar with numerology much, doing somewhat the math you did (using your example)

hers is 37
mine is 34

Still dont know what that means tho.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Im not familiar with numerology much, doing somewhat the math you did (using your example)

hers is 37
mine is 34

Still dont know what that means tho.

She's a Prime, which is somehat unique and you are what I call a Twin Prime (product of 2 primes).

Reduced down, she's a 10/1 and you're a 7.

10 + 7 = 17

34 + 37 = 71

Obvious Inverted Opposites.

She may be your Soulmate and I think our problem is how We see Soulmates/Twin Flames. I dew not buy into so called Twin Flames, since I know that as a Soul, WE are born with a Soulmate and I cannot find a place to fit in a so called Twin Flame but your Numerologies appear to fit as they should, for Soulmates that are Opposites.

Dew you sense the two of you are Opposites, in more ways than just thinking?

Ribbit

edit on 9-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i thought from the title that this would be a model romance, happily ever after

instead, i'm reading that the OP met a girl/lady/woman online and the girl is taken (in or was in a relationship at time of meeting online) but the OP believes whole-heartedly that the girl was made for him(?) even though the girl already has an intimate relationship.

while i believe twin flames are sacred and in a sense, important as our relationship with the creator (of our Other Half), to me at this point in reading it seems more like the title should be Sometimes Twin Flames are OPP

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Eh, never was into numerology. My head hurts from the math lol.

Maybe in terms of female and male we are. But mindlike, it sorta has become a bit creepy how alike we think trust me, ive been talking with her every day for the past 5 months. The "coincedences" and i write that in quote. Are non stop.

I trust intuition more than I do math.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Eh, never was into numerology. My head hurts from the math lol.

Maybe in terms of female and male we are. But mindlike, it sorta has become a bit creepy how alike we think trust me, ive been talking with her every day for the past 5 months. The "coincedences" and i write that in quote. Are non stop.

I trust intuition more than I do math.

I will say that you can relate to many anyones but when you look into the eyes of your Soulmate, a connection occurs that is the porverbial love at first sight.

Like I said earlier, you said that when you saw her pic, you didn't sense the connection, that only occurred after speaking with her over a period of time and a common thinking is what you used to link yourself to her, thus, you are Twin Thinkers, not Soulmates, but that would have to be called my opinion and you must follow your heart, not my opinion, but don't let your mind muck it all up.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Can you analyze mine numerologically? I find numerology fascinating and your input would be much appreciated!

Mine is 33
Hers is 40
edit on 9-10-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Sigh, its a complicated situation. That may have to do with ego and "Denial". Remember this is a girl ive been searching for since I was 17. There was frustrations along my road. I dont want to get in too much detail because then that would cause me to reveal things I want to still be kept between me and her.

I wish you would take my word for it.

In this thread i only revealed a small portion of whats going on. And the point of this thread was not to debate on whether or not she is who she is. It was to share an experience and listen to others.

My apologies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join