It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands petition Obama to reveal 'government secrets' about UFOs and extraterrestrials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Sign up for intelligent life: Thousands petition Obama to reveal 'government secrets' about UFOs and extraterrestrials

The search for intelligent life beyond the stars has landed on President Obama's desk.

More than 7,500 people have signed a petition asking the White House to 'formally acknowledge an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race and immediately release into the public domain all files from all agencies and military services relevant to this phenomenon.'
It's a move that UFO conspiracy theorists and true believers hope will lend some legitimacy to their cause.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... xzz1a5tXynzK

Click link for remainder of story.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It looks like the pettion for ET disclosure gained the required amount of signatures - 7,500- for the We The People initiative. The next goal is 17k signatures to get the White House to act on it.

Im curious how this one is going to go. Even if it does not go anywhere the White House is required to give a reason why they arent going forward with it.

Thoughts?
edit on 7-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
We will know what they want us to know. Thats the way it is and its the way it has always been.

As for reason, what difference does that really make as nothing ever changes?

And yes, I woke up on the wrong side today

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think that in time there will be disclosure to a certain extent. As much as I hate using this expression I think that right now a big majority of 'Sheeple' are just about starting to think about the idea of intelligent extra terrestrial life let alone accept it.

We need to public as a whole to shout out for the real truth.. and maybe even then nothing will happen.

I think disclosure is a long way off. Unless we suddenly and very dramatically get invaded by Aliens.. then I guess they really couldn't deny Intelligent E.T life..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Yes they can just answer : "There are no secrets to be revealed about ET, you know as much as we do, and we have no proof ET's exist"

And it doesn't make their reply true and we won't be any closer to the truth.
edit on 7-10-2011 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
how is a petition going to change their transperancy?
they already know we want to know and would have told us if they were going to
its got the right idea but no where near the right action

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Signed n +F but i don't see this revealing anything.

The paranoid part of me thinks its going to be a list to "target" in the future! (That's if all ATS's paranoia is correct which i have my doubts but some stories have merit)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
They already told us. There are orbs. They don't know where they come from or where they go. They seem intelligent. They can make a plane crash so don't go near them.

Why must people insist there is more? That seems to fit the evidence. They told us plainly. Why disregard the truth when it's given?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Whats to stop them from lying about it when they answer? This new system is just there to give people the feeling that their voice matters. Nothing will come of it. I do hope I am wrong as I would love full disclosure.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I don't think Obama knows one way or the other about wether or not there are aliens. He doesn't need to know there are or not to run the country. I'm sure there is an alphabet agency that takes care of that. I don't think any president has known.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Much naive OP??

This petition is managed by the program "We The People", which is under the control of White House. So what it gives??? A clever data mining scam to tag as many UFO nutjobs and conspiracy theorists as they can.

I can't believe people REALLY think that the US government will give up 50 years of secret and classified agenda on the subject and give the public space for figure out about deals with Greys, free abductions of humans for genetic experiments, hybridism, cloning, mind transference and mind control programs, anal probing programs, cattle mutilation, underground bases all across the country right neath the nose of American taxpayers, black budget projects of reverse alien engineering and everything else Eisenhower agreed in exchange of military technology.

Seriously...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 10/7/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Sadly this is nothing more than a he said/she said conundrum.

"Do you have knowledge of the existence of alien beings?"

"No we do not."

"Can you give us proof otherwise?"

"Can you give us proof otherwise?"

And so on it goes. No matter how much I want to believe extra-terrestrials have been here and are being harbored by governments across the world (aka Men In Black) it just doesn't seem feasable they've been here. There is no doubt the universe, even our own galaxy is filled with intelligent life, life like us that looks up at the stars and wonders the same thing, are we it? I just don't see that life travelling the trillions of miles neccessary just to have a look. Granted, I am basing this on human conquest throughout the ages, and granted it is entirely possible exploration is the ETs only purpose, but I just can't see the ends justifying the means.
In having said this I can see why it would be paramount to keep such a thing secret, let's face it, if God made us in his image, who created the rest of the life in the universe. Religion is still big business, no matter the creed. To throw that base belief into question would send the churches of the world packing very quickly, let's face it, no business wants bad press.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Sure presidents has known, and sure presidents has been shot too.

God knows what JFK was about to spill before something hit him, and his brother for that matter..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Maybe this is there 'reason' to anounce any E.T. life. Think about it, if Obama would just make a public apperance and say "Goodmorning all, i just want to tell you aliens exist!" Everyone would start to wonder "heey, why is he just saying this out of the blue, while covering it up for so many years?".

But now with this system, they ofcourse already know that the big UFO alien question/petition would come to light! So maybe they take this oppertunity to disclose some facts about UFO, E.T. life. Maybe what's really on the moon or mars? Or that we recieved more then one 'intellegent' signal from space. you know small hints not the big ones.

Just my 2 cents tho, could be they just deny any knowledge of UFo's and alien life
We will see i guess.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think the government is planning to use aliens as a reason to implement the New World Order. The fact that they've manipulated the public into clamoring for disclosure is par for the course. The public is now demanding the next step of their plan. hmmm.

I've seen a UFO up close and am an abductee. It's not that I don't believe in aliens/extraterrestrials. I don't believe in the government. I don't trust them to tell the truth about ANYTHING! What makes people think that everything is going to be all right once the government admits UFOs exist?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The US government has already disclosed quite a bit, and it may actually be as much as they know. They acknowledge in released documents that they have considered UFOs to be something unconventional and that they have deemed them a possible threat to air security. Beyond that we're just speculating- do they know UFOs are alien spacecraft? Have they made contact? Are they reverse-engineering ET spacecraft? Do they have live or dead ET's in their possession? If the answer to any of those questions is "yes", then they have that information buried deep in black op's that even the president isn't informed about (because if the president and other politicians knew, then it would have been leaked to the public long ago). And if the info is buried in black op's programs, then petitioning the president (or congress) for disclosure is completely pointless because he can't disclose what he knows nothing about.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
The US government has already disclosed quite a bit, and it may actually be as much as they know. They acknowledge in released documents that they have considered UFOs to be something unconventional and that they have deemed them a possible threat to air security. Beyond that we're just speculating- do they know UFOs are alien spacecraft? Have they made contact? Are they reverse-engineering ET spacecraft? Do they have live or dead ET's in their possession? If the answer to any of those questions is "yes", then they have that information buried deep in black op's that even the president isn't informed about (because if the president and other politicians knew, then it would have been leaked to the public long ago). And if the info is buried in black op's programs, then petitioning the president (or congress) for disclosure is completely pointless because he can't disclose what he knows nothing about.

Any links to your sources?
2nd

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Please consider the difference between the official space program and the REAL space program.
Where do you think all the lost money goes over and over again?

Oh god how much we dont know and probably never will.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Any "information" the govt releases will just be more lies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join