It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to shut my brain off so i can sleep properly?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is the most simple solution, which no body believes working.

I used it for 3 years, and it works 100% every time...Trust me.

When you lay down and thoughts start comming, and you can't fall asleep.

Just count slowly to 10, and think of a finger moving for each number, don't move the finger only think, start over for each 10
Your mind gets a full clean up, and you will sleep after a few rounds.
It tricks you in to stop thinking.

You feel kind of stupid doing it, but that disaper when you realize it's working.

Very simpel and no drugs, just mind tricking.

Sleep tight

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The causes can be completely different for each individual. In my instance, I had that exact issue until I found out that my body was too acidic. I was eating a very good diet (not too much protein, etc.) BUT stress causes acidity in your body too. I either needed a more alkaline diet or a supplement. I chose to take Alcabase by Trace Labs which brought my acidity down very quickly. In the end I not only was sleeping better but my stress level went down. And it wasn't until that happened that I first realized that my stress level had even been high.

Kind of made me wonder if it is a chicken and egg thing. Is the stress in our bodies sometimes as a result of our bodies being too acidic rather than something that's happening in our lives?

TFN

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i had this problem, and you don't need no pills..or tea..or w/e man...

simply learn to control YOUR MIND. Be like water..(bruce lee moment) but, yea..when your mind is racing
breathe..and focus on your breathing and as you do just let go of thoughts. just let go and be empty , completely empty. it's like meditating

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
]
edit on 7-10-2011 by wlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopefromabove

I have the same problem. My mind races a mile a minute and I usually have to get up and watch some TV until I'm totally exhausted. One thing that bother's my wife terribly is when I'm sitting I'll rapidly shake my leg constantly. She'll tell me to stop, and I will, but a minute later my leg will start shaking again.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Go off the internet at least 2 hours before bedtime.....that will help!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

This is actually a problem that is getting worse nowadays with all the radio waves blasting through your head, wireless signals(internet and cellphone) and also your brain needs to be active when you sleep, and because your sleep is lacking its active when your awake.

I read somewhere that your brain is the most active when you sleep.
Read up articles about electronic or electric pollution. How our civilized society is hurting us.
First thing to do, is to start cutting off electronics 2 hours before you even get ready for bed. Turn off all lights that are bright, or flooding your room, and have only low lit lamps at eye level. Get rid of mini fluorecent bulbs, or compact fluorescents cause they actually affect your eyes and emit UV light which confuses your brain thinking your in daylight, plus the flicker rate of those bulbs can be controlled by other sources, Alex Jones will explain.

Also, stop eating any food 2 to 3 hours before bedtime. By eating food, your body is getting a boost of energy thinking your going to continue staying up, but in fact you want to sleep. Start eating more organic foods, and less of preservatives, synthetics, and chemicals which affect your body's system to balancing out sleep chemicals like melatonin, caused by toxins damaging your pineal gland. Get away from fluoride, this little bugger of toxic chemicals in your water, and toothpaste for starters, cause its in other things also, will affect men more than women, and reduce levels of your melatonin production for sleep in your pineal gland.

Also, when your home, do you have a girlfriend or wife? Does she dump issues or problems on you? Does your roommate or friends send you problems in your life that you have to deal with? This also will keep your brain active as men are constantly trying to 'fix' the problems in people's lives, when in fact they may just be blowing off steam and want someone to listen to. Find out if someone is sending you their daily 2 bits, and tell them to send it to someone else cause its causing you problems instead.

That should be enough to get you on a start. If you need more information read articles about the same sorts of things I mentioned about.

www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.tv...

TV series 16:9 talks about dirty electricity

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Have some good old fashioned romping SEX!!!

Have some good old fashioned romping SEX!!!

edit on 7-10-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
im telling you its EMF.

you probably have GWEN towers nearby, and the electrical wiring throughout your house acts as a carrier that is the same for your body (60hz).

even if you unplug everything it can still effect you.

theres only 2 known ways to battle S.S.S.S (silent spread sound spectrum...VLF/ELF) and that is to construct a grounded faraday cage, or to transmit the inverse of the signal.

the former is much simpler than the latter.

if you construct a cage made of conductive material...doesnt matter how big, that is grounded well enough, it will route any and all EMF signals to the ground, thus protecting anything or anybody inside. if you decide to make one and want to know if its working, take a cell phone into it with you and it should have no signal.

theres already threads on how to make these. its the same for people as it is for protecting equipment from solar flares/EMP.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have the same issues and my doc put me on trazadone, now I finally get some rest

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

trazadone is an anti-depressant.

i really wish doctors would stop proscribing anti-depressants that happen to have sedative side effects as sleep aids....

its a seritonin reuptake inhibiter and antagonist. your at risk for about a thousand different negative drug interactions.

its also related to and metabolizes into piperazines...which are fairly nasty. one metabolite inparticular mCPP is a deworming agent for cows and horses...

pretty much anything would be safer than trazadone...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join