It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How to shut my brain off so i can sleep properly?

page: 1
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
If this is wrong forum please move it mods.

The part of the day when my brain is most active is when i lay down and close my eyes to go to sleep. It doesn't matter how how tired i am nothing wakes me up better then trying to sleep. How do i fix this? Is this normal? I swear my brain goes into hyper drive when i try to sleep, the thoughts, the images, its like an overload i can see a million different shapes per seconds, go through millions of different scenarios in my head i just dont get it help!




posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hey insomnia

Ive got the same problem every #ing night...sometimes i lay down at 10-12 and dont sleep till 6 oclock in the morning its horrible really...I found no solution..my friend has "sleep-pills" dont know the word in english. this pills really knock me out, but thats no solution...when anyone has a tip for us.PLEASE HELP!



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I highly recommend having a few cups of this tea before going to bed. www.dooyoo.co.uk...

Dr. Stuart's Valerian Plus Tea ... award-winning range of teas that are caffeine-free and use only pure natural ingredients. Insisting on premium quality, they were the first in the UK to ban all synthetic flavours and become all natural, and are based upon the world's best grade for medicinal plants - the DAB standard.


After a couple of these, I'm crawling on all fours to my bed
edit on 7-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
One way involves (you can research via google):
1. men - release a cocktail of brain chemicals, including norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, vasopressin .....
combined with:
2. a box of tissues.


sorry thats all I got for you


sauce
edit on 7-10-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: link



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Some people say melatonin and honey can help you sleep



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopefromabove
 


Is this me under a different account?

Oh man, im with ya..

hell isnt it, let me know if you find a solution.

valerian doesnt work for me either


4 days awake, and a bottle of plonk is all I can do



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I might give that tea thing a try looks interesting. Sleeping pills work sometimes but after a bit i feel like i become immune to them and really don't want to be dependent on them anyway. Sigh its 7 a.m so tired till i lay down seriously wtf.!



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopefromabove
 


-as mentioned above herbal tea is good
-dont watch tv or use a computer/phone before bed
-focusing on your breathing can help you shut down
-dont eat and drink high amounts of sugar before bed
-dont smoke right before bed
-meditate



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
this sounds like it could be connected to anxiety.. are you anxious or stressed out about anything at the moment? are you generally an anxious person?



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
this sounds like it could be connected to anxiety.. are you anxious or stressed out about anything at the moment? are you generally an anxious person?


I had social anxiety disorder when i was a kid not so much anymore though, and im stressed as much as any other person who has to pay bills and taxes lol.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I highly recommend having a few cups of this tea before going to bed. www.dooyoo.co.uk...

Dr. Stuart's Valerian Plus Tea ... award-winning range of teas that are caffeine-free and use only pure natural ingredients. Insisting on premium quality, they were the first in the UK to ban all synthetic flavours and become all natural, and are based upon the world's best grade for medicinal plants - the DAB standard.


After a couple of these, I'm crawling on all fours to my bed
edit on 7-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)



or there are alternative herbal remedies.. same effect as yours.. a couple and you are crawling to bed..



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I've had that problem for over 10 years and no psychologist could really help me. In my case its linked to post traumatic stress syndrome and anxiety. I smoke a little something that helps me sleep usually. I'd rather smoke that than take those drugs the doctor tried to give me. I've seen some very good people get destroyed by those drugs the doctor tried to give me.

Usually I watch something until I fall asleep but I usually don't get more than 3-4 hours sleep a night. You get used to it after a while, I know I have.

I hope you find a better solution than I have, and if you do, let me know. I'm at the point where I try anything to try and sleep.

Peace



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Hopefromabove
 


-as mentioned above herbal tea is good
-dont watch tv or use a computer/phone before bed
-focusing on your breathing can help you shut down
-dont eat and drink high amounts of sugar before bed
-dont smoke right before bed
-meditate


I do all of above things + i listen to some calm, quiet music.
For example check "Ambient" music on this site www.di.fm... (Listen Now! > Ambient).
You can also check some other streams like Chillout or Lounge.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
And its not getting tired thats the problem. Im exhausted right now i cant keep my eyes open, i go lay down, and brain goes into warp mode *snap* im awake.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopefromabove

Originally posted by Misterlondon
this sounds like it could be connected to anxiety.. are you anxious or stressed out about anything at the moment? are you generally an anxious person?


I had social anxiety disorder when i was a kid not so much anymore though, and im stressed as much as any other person who has to pay bills and taxes lol.


to be honest and i didnt want to say it but the symptoms you describe sound like an anxiety disorder (which can come in many shapes and forms. not just social)
also added stress of everyday life can increase anxiety, without even realizing it.. (many people are unaware they have an anxiety disorder)

do you ever get any of these..

-shaky feelings inside your body
-lack of concentration
-tiredness in the day (when you shouldnt be tired)
-feelings of dread/anticipating the worst
-restlessness
-feel tense or jumpy

if so.. this could be your answer.. millions around the world suffer from it daily, especially with the stresses of modern everyday life..
edit on 7/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon
 


Has the opposite effect, just gets my mind racing again with an internal dialogue of things I should have said in my posts on ATS.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Your sounding like those commercials that name every symptom till they get one lol

"-shaky feelings inside your body === only when i orgasm
-lack of concentration ==== only bored at work
-tiredness in the day (when you shouldnt be tired) === Sure since i can never sleep
-feelings of dread/anticipating the worst === This is ATS we all have feelings of dread and impending doom lol
-restlessness ===== Does this go with #3 lol?
-feel tense or jumpy ===== If sombody pops out of a closet"



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Misterlondon
 


Has the opposite effect, just gets my mind racing again with an internal dialogue of things I should have said in my posts on ATS.



lol... im hearing you.. or in my case things i shouldnt have said..



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopefromabove
 


Real anxiety is nothing to joke about. I've suffered from it for over a decade. Thanks for making fun of it. That really really really helps.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
reply to post by Hopefromabove
 


Real anxiety is nothing to joke about. I've suffered from it for over a decade. Thanks for making fun of it. That really really really helps.



Oh trust me ive had it to for most my childhood, i can joke about it now cause ive been through it and got past it but im sorry if i offended you.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join