It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Years After U.s. Invasion of Afghanistan (7th October 2011) The War in Afghanistan is Still on! (

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
War for the resources of the Afghanistan and geopolitical positioning in the Middle East under the cloak of "war on terror" is now the longest war in US history...

And it will not be over soon.

10 Years After U.s. Invasion of Afghanistan

Afghanistan has huge amounts of natural gas, petroleum, gold, copper, coal, iron ore and other minerals, including lithium and “rare Earth elements” that are increasingly important in production of all electronics.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reminds me about what was said about the Taliban and the mountains

anyways, this 'war' will forever be on as along as US operates this slavery over Afghans

to maintain control/income over 90% world heroine proceeds

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by seiva7

War for the resources of the Afghanistan and geopolitical positioning in the Middle East under the cloak of "war on terror" is now the longest war in US history...

Afghanistan has huge amounts of natural gas, petroleum, gold, copper, coal, iron ore and other minerals, including lithium and “rare Earth elements” that are increasingly important in production of all electronics.

Any person with there eye's just slightly open knows this. War on terror is just to justify marching in there to the public. There was no terror thread from Al-quada, it was created. Money, greed, wealth and power is what drives this war, not war on terror.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
and it will still be on in another ten years from now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I don't know if you are aware but the war in Afghanistan is not the longest war in the history of the USA.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I don't personally see why we are still fighting this war. We apparently got Bin Laden, so what are we still doing there?

There is of course the heroin, and the KBR/Haliburton pipeline that they are building. But we aren't going to make Afghanistan a democracy, they will tolerate it till the second all our troops are gone, then they are gonna go back to doing things they always have.

It's a waste of our money, a waste of our time, and a waste of our troops' lives.

We need to end this war now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
reminds me about what was said about the Taliban and the mountains

anyways, this 'war' will forever be on as along as US operates this slavery over Afghans

to maintain control/income over 90% world heroine proceeds

I think the Caspian gas pipeline might be of interest too.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

Any person with there eye's just slightly open knows this. War on terror is just to justify marching in there to the public. There was no terror thread from Al-quada, it was created. Money, greed, wealth and power is what drives this war, not war on terror.

Exactly!

Why else would GWB and Dick C. install an Ex-Oil executive as the President of Afghanistan?

Dick and George have wanted to invade that place for 30 years.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I don't know if you are aware but the war in Afghanistan is not the longest war in the history of the USA.

Interesting...

abcnews.go.com...
Editor's Notebook: Afghan War Now Country's Longest

By THOMAS NAGORSKI, ABC News Managing Editor, International
June 7, 2010

The Afghan war was enormously popular when it began on a fall Sunday eight and a half years ago.

((as of June 7, 2010))

By mid-November American forces had driven the Taliban from the capital; at month's end Kandahar was in the U.S. sights; in early December the Taliban leadership fled, and Marines set up a base near the Kandahar airfield.

No one proclaimed "Mission Accomplished," but they might as well have. Surely, it seemed, this would be a brief campaign.

On the one-year anniversary, in October 2002, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld told CNN, "The Taliban are gone. The Al Qaeda are gone."

Bold is mine.

And today "The Other War" has gained a fresh and dubious distinction: it is the longest war in our nation's history, surpassing the conflict in Vietnam. 103 months passed between passage of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution and the withdrawal of the last American combat forces from Vietnam. As of today, the Afghanistan war is 104 months old.

Note the as of today comment pertains to June 7, 2010.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did they get wrong... besides the fact that Vietnam was a "Police Action" like Korea... not a war?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
A top German general who was instrumental in planning the Bundeswehr's mission in Afghanistan has said that the intervention has failed

www.spiegel.de...

""The mission fulfilled the political aim of showing solidarity with the United States," Kujat told the German daily Mitteldeutsche Zeitung. "But if you measure progress against the goal of stabilizing a country and a region, then the mission has failed.""

Interesting "mission",.. "political aim".. operation Suck Up fulfilled, the war thing.. "failed".

People who come over uninvited, break stuff and refuse to leave.. are wicked annoying... of course they're un welcome.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
10 years ago on this day I stepped outside of my house and laughed out SO loud... I was only in grade 7 at the time and none of my friends new why I was laughing at the "start" of a war... but something inside of me knew this was the start of something more than just a war against a bunch of middle easternen terrorists running around in the mountains.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus
10 years ago on this day I stepped outside of my house and laughed out SO loud... I was only in grade 7 at the time and none of my friends new why I was laughing at the "start" of a war... but something inside of me knew this was the start of something more than just a war against a bunch of middle easternen terrorists running around in the mountains.

I am not sure what are you trying to say.

you laughed because you knew that it was all setup?

I feel like that often...

top topics

join