It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people say "God" without giving the specific name of said God?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Human4life

Ok thank you, but you didn't have to be so sarcastic, aren't we all looking for the truth here?
Truth would be something not coming out of the mouth of a known liar and fraud and plagiarist.
If you can't do a Google search on the person you are posting links to, then you are not looking very hard.
And I will be sarcastic if you act like a fool.
Stop acting like a fool and I will stop being sarcastic.

edit on 11-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I'm acting like a fool? ok sure, and you know the truth and God is with you too, I see.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I don't need to pass any judgement on another poster, to try & back up a point, it's simply unnecessary.

The scripture at Genesis 4:6 can be seen as Enosh "calling upon the name of God"- Jehovah, YHWH in a negative context for a number of reasons -

Hebrew scholars infact contend that the text should read “began profanely,” or “then profanation began.” With reference to Enosh’s day the Jerusalem Targum says: “That was the generation in whose days they began to err, and to make themselves idols, and surnamed their idols by the name of the Word of the Lord.” Men may have applied Jehovah’s name to themselves or to other men through whom they pretended to approach God in worship; or else they applied his name to idol objects

Also Enosh was not included in Genesis or any list quoted later as a man of faith. The next person who walked with God is Enoch and he stood out amongst his contempories like Noah.(Genesis 5:24) "And E′noch kept walking with the [true] God. Then he was no more, for God took him."

(Hebrews 11:5) . . ."By faith E′noch was transferred so as not to see death, and he was nowhere to be found because God had transferred him; for before his transference he had the witness that he had pleased God well"

Jude specifically mentions the rampant sin and the common practice of speaking against God at that time and nowhere do the scriptures mention Enosh being sincere towards God's name. Instead by implication Enosh began a "practice" of speaking against God and defaming his sacred name, which shows beleivers and non-beleivers knew it.

edit on 11-10-2011 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2011 by JB1234 because: Spacing

edit on 11-10-2011 by JB1234 because: Added for context

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

using his name in vain, means bring it it up every time you feel like it,or with no purpose. we are supposed to pray and get out authority from the devil threw his name, that doesn't mean when you end a prayer with "in YESHUAS name" as in his real biblical name instead of JESUS your prayer will have more effect, that is putting GOD in a BOX
he knows who what you really mean. this is exactly why we have all these different denominations. why cant we be happy that HE CHOSE US as his children. i often pray in my mind when i am praying. that is how sure i am with my relationship with CHRIST. my point is your question lacks FAITH.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

I think your miss judging me, please don't. If you don't agree with me thats all right, there is no need to try to downgrade any other person just because he or she thinks diferently than you do.

I have faith, very much faith, in my God Yahweh, he know me, and he know the things that took place in my life good and bad. My Godly adoration is to my God and not to any other entities out there, including Jesus. Jesus is not my God, Jesus is my King and Lord, my Savior, but God Yahweh is above all things, no matter who it is and what it is.

I'm finish here on this topic. I think, I made my point of view clear. I know. I didn't insult anyone just to prove a my point..

edit on 11-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Jesus said we have to approach God through him (Yeshua or Jesus) as a mediator between the Divine being who has a name - YHWH . Thus neither name is devalued by using both names in harmony with Bible teachings. Our prayers are heard by our heavenly father YHWH (Jehovah or Yahweh if you prefer) through the mediation and sacrifice of Christ Jesus. (Yeshua which means "Jehovah is salvation" in Hebrew)

(John 15:16) . . .in order that no matter what YOU ask the Father (YHWH) in my name (Yeshua) he might give it to YOU.

Paul sums this up in Hebrews 10:19-22...where he shows Jewish Christians how Jesus replaced the High Priest that sacrificed and made supplication on behalf of the nation of Israel in the Holy of Holies by comparing the situation after Jesus sacrifice on behalf of ALL mankind & not just the nation of Israel..... "Therefore, brothers, since we have boldness for the way of entry into the holy place by the blood of Jesus, which he inaugurated for us as a new and living way through the curtain, that is, his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us approach with true hearts in the full assurance of faith, having had our hearts sprinkled from a wicked conscience and our bodies bathed with clean water"

(1 Timothy 2:5-6) . . ."For there is one God (Jehovah) , and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all. . ."

edit on 11-10-2011 by JB1234 because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I dont really think you proved any point but that your religion is full of rules and complications. I think you explained exactly how religious and intolerant you are about any other belif system.

I think you proved with your own words that you are Religious, Have a Complicated Belief System full of scripture, and Worship something in your head. I also think you admitted to worship as your lord and savior a human who lived who you clearly state is not God. I think you proved that your religious basis comes from the writings, rules, regulations, visions, and parables, of men with pens and parchment paper.

Maybe you pretend not to be religious to set yourself above the average Christian...I dont know... but you do seem to have alot of things to remember in order to be connected to your God.

I cannot accept that God is really that complicated when children "get it, WITHOUT ALL THAT OTHER RELIGIOUS STUFF YOU TALK ABOUT."

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Say: "Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names." - Qur'an, 17:110

Now, which one does make more sense:

Bible:

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" - Exodus, 3:14

Qur'an:

Moses, I am Allah, the Lord of all the worlds." - 28:30

O Moses! I am your Lord. Take off your sandals. You are in the holy valley of Tuwa. I have chosen you, so listen well to what is revealed. I am Allah. There is no god but Me, so worship Me and establish prayer to remember Me. 20:11-14

edit on 11/10/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
JESUS IS ELOHIM, IHVH ADONNAY ELYON EL SHADDAY,,FAITHFUL, AND RIGHTEOUS...THERE IS ONLY ONE
edit on 12-10-2011 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JB1234
[
correct but you do agree that JESUS and IHVH and the HOLY GHOST are ONE godhead right? as the Whole old testament points to Jesus, even the constellations in the stars. he is our perfect lawyer who defends us before the accuser(satan). but he also is GOD.MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Simply because a majority of the Western Civilization has been force fed Christianity, that any other thing is evil or wrong. I would assume those you're referring to are talking about Yahweh. Simply on the fact that other religions use the real names of their god's. I.E. Krishna, Buddah, Allah, etc..etc..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I would never disrespect anyone else's beleifs, that is their personal decision.

But no I don't personally accept the Trinity doctrine. It was not taught in the Hebrew scriptures and what's more I have formed the opinion that Tri-une deities have their roots in Egyptian and Sumerian beleifs. eg Horus, Isis, & Osiris. . The British museum has a whole section of trinities of Gods from the ancient world.

I beleive in one almighty Creator... his firstborn son who was Jesus whom he sent to Earth to give his life in behalf of mankind. The Holy spirit is the active force which God uses to accomplish his will.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

. . . are ONE godhead right?
Godhead is a made-up word not found in the New Testament Greek.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
JESUS IS ELOHIM, IHVH ADONNAY ELYON EL SHADDAY,,FAITHFUL, AND RIGHTEOUS...THERE IS ONLY ONE
edit on 12-10-2011 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)
That is only your personal opinion based on your personal thoughts and preferences but not on anything objective.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

I don't need to pass any judgement on another poster, to try & back up a point, it's simply unnecessary.
I'm not backing up a point.
4Life out of the blue, or seemingly to me, links up a video produced by someone who is a known fraud.
4Life comes back with a comment about seeking truth.
I came back with, "you could not be working very hard in your seeking if you can't even do a google search on the people who produce the videos you are linking to as being some sort of truth."
4Life has some critical comment about my attitude and I said something, not about his attitude but his method of finding truth, which is nothing of the sort and instead is a cultish man worship.
If you do not think that sort of thing is foolishness, then I would like to know your definition of it.
edit on 12-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

you mean the Septuagint and yes it is found there.JESUS is GOD.manifested in the flesh.
by trinity we mean there are 3 forces working as one, not only that there are seven spirits of JESUS and these are the seven flames that burn before the throne, the manora as the Jews call it(the 7 candle lamp-stand)with is the real emblem of Israel. not the Rothschild star of "david"

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

you mean the Septuagint and yes it is found there.JESUS is GOD.manifested in the flesh.
by trinity we mean there are 3 forces working as one, not only that there are seven spirits of JESUS and these are the seven flames that burn before the throne, the manora as the Jews call it(the 7 candle lamp-stand)with is the real emblem of Israel. not the Rothschild star of "david"
Here's what I wrote,

Godhead is a made-up word not found in the New Testament Greek.
"godhead" is not a word. A word is not "godhead". There is no word, "godhead. There is no word which exists in the Greek language as know in the time of the writing of the New Testament, which meant, "godhead". The word, "godhead" was something made up after Christianity was long established and the NT scripture was written in Latin. It is a Christian invention and not something biblical. It was something inserted into the NT scripture which did not belong, and remains in the scripture today which is in any language other than the original Greek.
It's fake!!! There is no biblical godhead!. It is just stuck in there for poor saps to feel happy, believing in a lie!!
edit on 12-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

you have not been given understanding on biblical theologies. you might read the bible but you lack understanding. do you want me to give you an example?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Go ahead, why wait for my permission?
If you have criticism, then I invite it.
I want to know if I am wrong so I can correct it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

i ask if for your permission for a reason its out of respect towards you and towards my believes because we are discussing the MOST HIGH.. we will be accountable for every word we say or every thing we neglect(saved or not).as a bible believer we have a view that the more you know or understand about GOD(the GOD HEAD)the HIGHER YOUR PUNISHMENT WILL BE if you NEGLECT HIM. this is exactly why JESUS would speak in parables, or "coded language". he knew some would not believe so to lower their punishment he spoke in a way they couldn't understand.a UNIQUE TYPE OF MERCY.---so assuming you have accepted his teachings---lets go directly to HIS WORD to see what he has to say about HIS NATURE...
Gen1:26 And God said," Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness".

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, "Behold, the man is become as one of US", to know good and evil.

Isaiah 53:7 Come, let US go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.

Gen16:13 And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said , Have I also here looked after him that seeth me? (JESUS manifested himself in the Old testament times).

Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day.

Gen 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, THREE MEN stood by him: and when he saw [them], he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground
Genesis 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen GOD FACE TO FACE, and my life is preserved.

Isaiah41:22-23 “ Let them bring forth and show US what will happen; Let them show the former things, what they were,That WE may consider them,And know the latter end of them; Or declare to US things to come.
23 Show the things that are to come hereafter,That WE may know that you are gods; Yes, do good or do evil,
That WE may be dismayed and see it together.

Daniel 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the SON OF GOD.(GOD has a SON)

Proverbs 30:44 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is HIS SON's NAME, if thou canst tell?

Psalms11-12 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss THE SON, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. BLESSED ARE ALL THEY THAT PUT THEIR TRUST IN HIM

Dan 7:9-9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the ANCIENT OF DAYS did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: HIS THRONE WAS LIKE THE FIERY FLAME, and his wheels as burning fire.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, [one] like the SON OF MAN came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the ANCIENT OF DAYS, and they brought him near before him.

Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion [is] an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom [that] which shall not be destroyed.

Psa 110:1 ] The LORD said unto MY LORD, "Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."(all authority given to the SON)

Prov8:22- The LORD possessed ME(JESUS SPEAKING) in the beginning of his way, before his works of old
23I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
30Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him.
34Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
35For whoso findeth ME findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
36But he that sinneth AGAINST ME wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Mal 1:6..A son honoureth [his] father, and a servant his master: if THEN I BE A FATHER, WHERE IS MINE HONOURr? and if I be a master, where [is] my fear? saith the LORD Of HOST unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

Joshua5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, [Art] thou for us, or for our adversaries?
14 And he said, Nay; but as CAPTAIN of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship.(This was THE SON .Joshua calls him LORD.no angel has ever allowed for anyone to worship them or fall on their face before them)..

THE "HOLY SPIRIT" IS HIS FORCE>
TRINITY WELL TAUGHT BY ANCIENT PROPHETS..JUST LIKE THE RAPTURE...

edit on 13-10-2011 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join