Why do people say "God" without giving the specific name of said God?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Blarneystoner

The spirit and physical bodies unified and separate at the same time.
Do you mean by that, "a spirit body and a physical body are unified and separate. . .", or do you mean, "the spirit becomes unified and separate with each of our bodies. . ."?
edit on 21-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Fair question.

Again... these are just my opinions.

When I say "spirit body" I don't mean the Holy Spirit, I'm referring to the soul; what some might call the "astral body."

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

incorrect...

I am providing the facts based on what is written within the pages of said book...

On the other hand it seems you are providing information fed to you by someone, likely a church, or a website...

And just for your own clairification... That was an assumption... so feel free to call me an ass if im wrong

Again... you are trying to convince me that you know the facts, when the fact is that no one knows for certain.

You contend that they are facts but let me quote your own words for you: "Those quotes are fine, again believe whatever you will... but remember one thing... Jesus did not speak those words... That was John, narrating his book... "

It's not even known for certain that John wrote the Gospel himself. That "fact" is contested by scholars with much more expertise than you or I.

Please... this is getting old. If you can't continue the discussion without proselytizing than I won't be responding to you anymore.

BTW - I don't think you're an ass, I just think you're having a hard time understanding the difference between conjecture and fact.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Again... you are trying to convince me that you know the facts, when the fact is that no one knows for certain.

There are some, sent from above who know more than scholars or any man. Don't be so easy to discount just anyone.

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares".

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yet again im not trying to convince you of anything...

What i call "facts" are facts to me, you do not have to accept them, or believe them...

I realize theres no way to prove any of the authors of the bible... Again im just going by what is written, and by what is written i consider what i stated to be factual until such time as someone can show me otherwise.

Its as simple as that... You do not need to believe what i say, or even read what i say. But if you make a mistake in interpretation according to ME... i will correct you according to me...

Accept what i say if you chose to... or do not, i couldn't care less.

Though i would prefer it if you attempt to prove me wrong instead of going back and forth like this....

Unlike what i've seen from you, i will happily accept something if im wrong, and some (all be it very few) have proven me wrong in a few cases.

Understand?

edit on 21-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Those quotes are fine, again believe whatever you will... but remember one thing... Jesus did not speak those words... That was John, narrating his book...

Do you not think that John didn´t knew who Jesus was?

IF he was God, why did he always speak of two seperate entities when he spoke of God...

I think the following quote may answer your question :

Phil. 2:5-8 - "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

If Jesus was God, and did not lie... would he not have said "I am God" at least once?
Yes he did say "I and my Father are one".... That does not mean "I am God"...

Consider these two verses :

John 8:58 - "Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'"

Exodus 3:14 - "And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’"

Now, with the quotes above in mind we can read in John :

John 10:30-33 - "I and the Father are one." 31 The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

Hope that helps you a bit.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

really?

How do you know that I'm not "sent from above?"

This is a fun game, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by jhill76

really?

I would know.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yet again im not trying to convince you of anything...

What i call "facts" are facts to me, you do not have to accept them, or believe them...

I realize theres no way to prove any of the authors of the bible... Again im just going by what is written, and by what is written i consider what i stated to be factual until such time as someone can show me otherwise.

Its as simple as that... You do not need to believe what i say, or even read what i say. But if you make a mistake in interpretation according to ME... i will correct you according to me...

Accept what i say if you chose to... or do not, i couldn't care less.

Though i would prefer it if you attempt to prove me wrong instead of going back and forth like this....

Unlike what i've seen from you, i will happily accept something if im wrong, and some (all be it very few) have proven me wrong in a few cases.

Understand?

edit on 21-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I've already given you the basis for my beliefs and you discounted them saying; "Those quotes are fine, again believe whatever you will... but remember one thing... Jesus did not speak those words... That was John, narrating his book... "

Fair enough but you should play by your own rules, don't you think? If you can so easily dismiss the verses I reference as the basis for my beliefs than I am well within the bounds of debate to ignore any such verses you point to as well.

To quote you again: "Again im just going by what is written, and by what is written i consider what i stated to be factual until such time as someone can show me otherwise." and "Those quotes are fine, again believe whatever you will... but remember one thing... Jesus did not speak those words... That was John, narrating his book... "

You can't have it both ways my friend. The words are valid or they are not. According to you, they are not. So, where are these facts you keep speaking of?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

reply to post by jhill76

really?

I would know.

Can you see me smiling and hear me chuckle as well?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

really?

I would know.

You mistake what I wrote for something else. I have no emotion to how you perceive things.
edit on 21-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

really?

I would know.

You mistake what I wrote for something else. I have no emotion to how you perceive things.
edit on 21-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Why do you confront me when you and I have essentialy said the same things:

Your quote from another thread: "This means, Jesus is the human side of himself, and God is the spirit inside of Jesus. "

Maybe you don't know... maybe you just think you know... about me that is... I guess we'll never know for sure my friend...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Do you not think that John didn´t knew who Jesus was?

That is really unclear... In some passages he claims Jesus to be God, even though within his book Jesus states otherwise... So i don't know if he "knew" who he was or not... Also considering Jesus was regularly amazed that his followers didn't understand him... the issue is up for debate.

I think the following quote may answer your question :

Unfortunatly it answers nothing... i do not care what paul has to say... I prefer to use the "once a liar always a liar" ideal...

Consider these two verses :

John 8:58 - "Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'"

Exodus 3:14 - "And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’"

Been there done that, considered, and denied.... I am me... does that mean I AM God?

Do i need to give you references as to how many people in the bible used the term I AM? Realize i've been over this a thousand times with Christians from almost every denomination... and many many times on these forums. It seems your best proof is always the same verses, which are easy to prove to be wrong...

Now, with the quotes above in mind we can read in John :

John 10:30-33 - "I and the Father are one." 31 The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

Realize cherry picking will get you nowhere with me my friend... read the verses after the one you posted.... He flat out denies being God right here...

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Notice the question mark in the verse i underlined? That means he was questioning them, saying you want to stone me because i said i am THE SON OF GOD? Meaning he did not once say he was God...

Why you ask? Because he knew better then to make himself God when he was Not... As HE states here...

15For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

16Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Hope that helps you a bit.

My friend i need no help in understanding Jesus, but many do...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

[My friend i need no help in understanding Jesus, but many do...

Yes... we've already established that you are quite certain... haven't we...

It's been enjoyable none the less... Peace and God bless...
edit on 21-10-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I am not countering you at all. Intent in words get lost on the net. What I write is mainly for the people that follow threads. Read in between the lines. I am stating that no one should easily discount anyone, as they could be from above sharing knowledge.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I've already given you the basis for my beliefs and you discounted them saying; "Those quotes are fine, again believe whatever you will... but remember one thing... Jesus did not speak those words... That was John, narrating his book... "

Fair enough but you should play by your own rules, don't you think? If you can so easily dismiss the verses I reference as the basis for my beliefs than I am well within the bounds of debate to ignore any such verses you point to as well.

Of course, you are free to believe whatever you will, dismiss whatever you like... and i will do the same.

To quote you again: "Again im just going by what is written, and by what is written i consider what i stated to be factual until such time as someone can show me otherwise." and "Those quotes are fine, again believe whatever you will... but remember one thing... Jesus did not speak those words... That was John, narrating his book... "

You can't have it both ways my friend. The words are valid or they are not. According to you, they are not. So, where are these facts you keep speaking of?

I can not assume that because John had most of the truth, and quoted Jesus... that everything within that book is correct...

The facts are as follows... which i've already posted

IF Jesus was God, he would have said so at least once... He said he was the son of God, which i would not deny... but not once did he say he was God... others did, he did not...

IF he was the truth, the life, and the way... He would have told his followers "I AM YOUR GOD"... that would have been truth if he spoke those words, and this arguement would not exist... But again, he did not say that.... Not one time... And unlike those from the christian faith, i studied the book without anyone telling me what i should believe, which is why i can see the truth that others can't...

He did not lie, and his words are pure truth... I've studied his words for many years, and i've yet to find a single flaw... And because of this, it is factual that he is not God... He would have said it if he was, because if he did not tell his followers he was God when he actually was, he would have been lying by omission.

Any more questions?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I am not countering you at all. Intent in words get lost on the net. What I write is mainly for the people that follow threads. Read in between the lines. I am stating that no one should easily discount anyone, as they could be from above sharing knowledge.

I see... so in your attempt to instruct me you've actually commited the very same act you have accused me of... dismissing another... well... I suppose if that works for you and you are content... we can just leave it at that...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I see... so in your attempt to instruct me you've actually commited the very same act you have accused me of... dismissing another... well... I suppose if that works for you and you are content... we can just leave it at that...

How have I dismissed you? I said I would know, why would I go further on an open forum?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Of course, you are free to believe whatever you will, dismiss whatever you like... and i will do the same.

I can not assume that because John had most of the truth, and quoted Jesus... that everything within that book is correct...

The facts are as follows... which i've already posted

IF Jesus was God, he would have said so at least once... He said he was the son of God, which i would not deny... but not once did he say he was God... others did, he did not...

IF he was the truth, the life, and the way... He would have told his followers "I AM YOUR GOD"... that would have been truth if he spoke those words, and this arguement would not exist... But again, he did not say that.... Not one time... And unlike those from the christian faith, i studied the book without anyone telling me what i should believe, which is why i can see the truth that others can't...

He did not lie, and his words are pure truth... I've studied his words for many years, and i've yet to find a single flaw... And because of this, it is factual that he is not God... He would have said it if he was, because if he did not tell his followers he was God when he actually was, he would have been lying by omission.

Any more questions?

But those words were not written by Christ himself... by your own admission... they are inadmissible...

See how that works?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Ok... I'm really not here to argue for the sake of arguing... I'm not here to prove anyone wrong or to prove I'm right... It's becoming teadious for me now so I will bow out...

If you care to elaborate upon your statement of; "I would know..." feel free to send me a PM...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Christ did not write anything... aside from an unknown message in the sand in one passage...

I do not dismiss entire books because of errors... Though i will dismiss an author for lies...

Its quite possible John simply assumed he was God as Thomas did, but he did not write any lies within his book, just quotes from Jesus... and narration, which is some cases were mistakes... according to what Jesus taught

Paul on the other hand, lied specifically about Jesus, which in my opinion corrupts all of his works...

Again, once a liar always a liar...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join