It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Monetary Systems Replacement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CriticalCK

In order to get rid of the monetary system, we must replace the need of sex selling. People are driven by sex, to buy things, the system uses our sexuality against us. We need to learn how to use it to our advantage, and that is entirely possible if people were willing to learn, which they would be willing, if money was no longer a factor.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

When the monetary system crashes, if no one volunteers to step up and make a better world, then we are all doomed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Certainly I agree with the point that we are very wasteful in this throw away society of ours.

The point I am making is that a system based on volunteering will not work. Another example, is 20 hours volunteering as a teacher the same as 20 hours collecting garbage.

If you say they are the same, is it not reasonable for the garbo to insist that garbage collection is a worse job and therefore attracts more volunteering points.? And if you say that they are not the same who decides which attracts the most points ?.

Cheers
edit on 7-10-2011 by myselfaswell because: typo

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Volunteers?
What happens when the people who actually do the work which would about 20% at best get fed up with the rest?

Capitalism is not a bad thing it needs checks and balances and believe it or not we already have them. TPTB realized that if they made things bad enough the sheep would cry for a better system and then they will give it to them.

How do you think guys like Hitler gain power. He created a ISM and then a solution for it.

I have to disagree, Unless you put a cap on how much $$ a single person can hoard and keep for themselves then this kind of system will never work. As long as individuals are allowed to gain massive amounts of wealth (and lets not kid ourselves here, Wealth == Power) then its just not going to work, Our society is corrupt down to its core, and always will be if this is the only solution we can present ourselves.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by CriticalCK

In order to get rid of the monetary system, we must replace the need of sex selling. People are driven by sex, to buy things, the system uses our sexuality against us. We need to learn how to use it to our advantage, and that is entirely possible if people were willing to learn, which they would be willing, if money was no longer a factor.

there is a species that already uses sex in a very useful social setting, bonobos.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

People love to teach, its not about gaining hours for them. People are passionate about helping others, hours wouldn't even apply in this situation. You're putting too much of a monetary value on it. Garbage collection would most likely be automated as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

When the monetary system crashes, if no one volunteers to step up and make a better world, then we are all doomed.

I hate to tell you but we will all be doomed look around. This is not the 1930s anymore. After the first big collapse the hard workers would rise to the top again and rebuild a society. But it would not resemble anything we have today.

Look around at the kids today. Heck look at most of there parents. This world has gone to reality tv and cell phones the boys are girls and the girls cant spell there names.

The last time we truly faced hard times the men were farmers and factory workers the women stayed home and raised the kids. This world would be screwed if the reset button was hit.

link   

People love to teach, its not about gaining hours for them. People are passionate about helping others, hours wouldn't even apply in this situation. You're putting too much of a monetary value on it. Garbage collection would most likely be automated as well.

link   

just to retort, Can we not set up some sort of garbage disposal the way we have sewer's? You drop the bag of trash down some hole in the ground and it is then sent to a recycling plant? Sorry it just seems to me that you aren't grasping the fact that if we devoted our technology to idea's like this instead of new ways to kill each other then we would be far better off.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

You are correct.... But dont you see it? The reset button MUST be pressed.... where is the society going if it isn't pressed? We're on a path to nowhere.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Esotericizm

Thank you, I had the same point, you just told it better haha.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

You are correct.... But dont you see it? The reset button MUST be pressed.... where is the society going if it isn't pressed? We're on a path to nowhere.

We do have common ground I agree.
We are Rome but we are to stupid to realize it. I wonder if the Romans knew something was wrong.

Something changed in the 1990s in this country and in the world and the path we are on leads to only one thing. It could take 10 years or 2 months who knows?

Kids today have know idea what it is to work. They would truly be screwed the 30 and up crowd would rebuild what is still around after the under 30 crowd eats themselves.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
That system won't work for one reason: Certain demographics, will hear "no pay, and you will get everything you need for free" and will imminently think "slavery."

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Esotericizm

Ok.

Going back to the OP.

If your going to give anything to anybody for anything then it's the same as a monetary system, without the cash. You will still get the same old human BS.

In my first reply I noted that the OP should firstly consider the human condition. That is where the problem lies. It is not with the money, sex or technology, the problems lie fundamentally with the stupidity, ignorance and ego of humanity. Unless you fix those problems first any system you try to implement is doomed.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Sooner or later, the monetary system will crash, and something will need to rise up. This is inevitable. The real question is what will it be. People don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of a system outside of the monetary one. Its very frustrating.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

The problems with the human condition, are caused by the monetary system, We are forced to work as slaves. Which then creates stress. We are forced to give up our hopes and dreams because we cannot afford to go to college, this then creates depression...... and the symptoms of the system carry on and on..... Replace the system, replace the human condition.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Sooner or later, the monetary system will crash, and something will need to rise up. This is inevitable. The real question is what will it be. People don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of a system outside of the monetary one. Its very frustrating.

It would turn to bartering. I know this so I will trade it for that. It is simple and it does work when money is not around. It will revert to the simplest way possible.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

There is no need for trade when everything is free and easily accessible, stop putting a value on things.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
the only answer is to have a co-operative style managment of all things
similar to credit unions

co-operative means the business or group is owned by the customers!
not someone looking purely for profit above the customer

please read the link in my signature

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I agree with you there, But its my opinion that we are a product of our society and that we simply don't know a better way, I cannot tell you with absolute certainty that a system like this would be a "cure to the human condition" but with that said I believe it is a good stepping stone. And would enable us to focus our efforts where they are more deserved.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join