It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auto-Immune Disorders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Anyone out here familiar with "Auto-Immune " disorders? This has NOTHING to do with HIV/AIDS. It is a symptimatic disease in which the body develops anti-bodies and/or attacks its own systems and organs.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
yeah, one is called Chrones, I know, I have it. It sucks-anyway, you have to take medication to lower your auto-immune responce. I will leave out the grim details.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yes. Rheumatoid arthritis tends to run in my spouse's family, and endometriosis runs on both sides of the family. My daughter may have Fibromyalgia (sigh.)

Yes, unpleasantly familiar with them.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yeah, i'm familiar with "Chrone's" and that is a horrible affliction.. As well as Rheumatiod arthritis...(i'm in the early stages of that myself) But, i also have a odd kidney disorder known as " Membranous Nephropathy" ...
Anyone familiar with it???

The causes behind it are extremly weird.. It affects women 80% more often than men, the only known causes of it are ( 1. expose to certain Pharmacutical chemicals) which i've never had contact with. (2. it's genitic passed on from the mothers side) NO ONE else in my family history has EVER had this..(3. it's linked to other VERY specific diseases such as Lupus) none of which i have or have ever had.. So, the odds of my developing this are about "3.5 - 4.5 MILLION to ONE....

Just my luck HUh?? ANd why could't it have been a lotto ticket instead.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
There are lots of autoimmune disorders.. everything from diabetes to allergies to psoriasis can have autoimmune causes.. Is there a particular autoimmune disorder you're interested in?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Yeah I got that too...
but fun to live with it...i feel more alive

that artrithis makes me still aware that I live in a body.
A help for anyone else who got it is "fluroxetine" tabs.
I must say I'm actually getting better...I had lots of problems in my ankles 2 years ago but it is gone now. I have it only in my right hand but working on it...MIND OvER MATTER.
It is very strange, i'm the only one in the family who got it and it is not common in men.
I wonder about the causes....

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well let's see,

A friend of mine told me I was the luckiest man in the world. Why? Because what are the odds of being arrested in Nikishka, Ak. @ 5 pm on New Years Eve for telling a cop to eat sheet and die! Ain't I lucky!
Yes I am extremely familiar with auto immune deficiency. The over all question is why does our body detect itself as an invader and attempt to kill it, slowly I might add. Very parasitically, for a parasite does not want to kill the host but wishes to live off of it. Maggots can cure infections of gangrene by eating it without killing the host! Blood suckers can remove infectious diseases in the stream without depleting the system.
I was infected by a tick with Lyme's Disease in '97'. Since then I have developed an enlarged heart, a left ventricle does that not fire on all spark plugs, a blockage in my aorta trunk, extremely high blood pressure, [220/180], hepatitis C, and renal malfunction resulting in extreme pain. Which is good because I no longer have awareness of the other symptoms. Only problem is I can only eat vegetables for sustenance and can no longer drink for relaxation.
I am searching for a reason to continue with an unknown purpose.
What would you like to know about immune deficiency? I have been studying it for awhile.
On the conspiracy side it is claimed it was developed by the NKVD during the Beria reign and exported to the US in 1917 as a means to drive the urban populace insane, far out, hey what! If it is a creation of GOD, what is he thinking.
It is debilitating, prolonged, and most certainly uncomfortable. On the positive side. It makes you tougher than a nail, older than dirt, and more determined than the damned, if you approach it as a challenge.

Good Luck and God Bless My Friend,

Tutankhamen

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
On the positive side. It makes you tougher than a nail, older than dirt, and more determined than the damned, if you approach it as a challenge.

Good Luck and God Bless My Friend,

Tutankhamen

I love your approach to that .....Strong great mind mate ...dear tutukamen

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is my first post.

My son has had crohn's diease (CD) for 12 years, he's now 25, and he is as tough as nails with it. He appreciates LIFE. He has 9+ bowl resections and associated ops and has died on the table once that we know of. He takes meds several times a day and is heading to hospital this Thursday for Inflixamab, an immune surpressant (genetically engineered protein from human and mouse). He had a dose 7 weeks ago and got serum-sickness bad. I have been studying all the latest drug research, and none seems to really treat the cause as nobody knows what triggers it. Common thought is bacteria and our inability to cope with it because we are "too antibacterial" in our modern living.

Would be interested in others thoughts / experiences.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Lupus is another one, and quite common, but there are many. Is there one specifically you were looking for info on?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
No, not anyone inparticular, just interested in the many therories behind it.. I mean, just want could or would cause a persons body to view any particular organ or system as a foreign substance and need to destroy it..

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Basically, they are caused by a genetic variation or error. This causes the bodies defenses to see parts of itself as a foreign body or invader, and then attack. NIH has a fairly good site on it at:

www.niaid.nih.gov...

Very common though.. If you look at the list you'll recognize so many of the diseases listed.

Stress can also cause some autoimmune symptoms.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the link RedBalloon, There's alot of useful info on there...

new topics

top topics

join