It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A disturbing Image...For you to comment on.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
When they become one, then we can drown it in the bathtub.

Honestly, I just wish the 'free market' was really just that.

It is not a free market when the taxpayers pay to bail them out of bad and greedy accounting practices, yet we recieve NO benefit or profit from said investment.

It would be like covering a gambler's bet when they lose, but letting them pocket the jackpot when they win.

THAT IS NOT A FREE MARKET.

We need our 'leaders' to make up their minds...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
that is messed up what gets me the chart stops at 2003 how many merged since then? 2003 on is when they went nutz after the Glass–Steagall Act repeal let investment banks use peoples money and property on the stockmarket.
en.wikipedia.org...

How long before there is one bank and they get the chip on there shoulder they can do anything they want... wait they already think that

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I know its simplistic... but that chart reminds me of Pacman: Gobble,Gobble... Gobble,Gobble,Gobble

When there is only one fortress bank left surrounded by a ring of military hardware... do you think the money grubbers inside will be happy then?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have already stated my ignorance concerning mergers. But I am wondering,

Could the Government break up the monopolies like they did with MaBell back in the 70’s?

I know…AT&T has been steadily buying out the smaller companies again, and is next to a monopoly again, but it did buy us 40+ years. And the stronger competition improved communication technology.

Maybe it’s time to revisit this idea. Is it feasible without hurting the people who patronize these banks?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Source of the chart????????

Usually I ignore these unless there is a reliable source!

Deny ignorance and you only cheat yourself because this is too valuable to ignore.
Source or no source, it shouldn't be too difficult to do a little research to confirm these mergers.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Banks love to consolidate their assets through acquisitions to the point where they get "too big to fail"........at that point they can take more extreme risks with both products and leveraging of assets and then go to the government for a bailout.......

I have heard that firsthand from a friend of mine who is a big bank executive......

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
this has been going on for almost a hundred years now. in the nineteen thirties when the depression hit there was over 25,000 different banks. During the depression there was over 11,000 of them that got shut down due to the failing economy, resulting in about $140 billion disappearing into thin air, but another 2500-3000 banks got bought out by larger more stable banks. Thus helping centralize and control the flow of money. With over half their competition gone it was easy enough to slowly dwindle (over the last 70 years and a couple economic collapses) down to the less than a dozen main banks that are used today.

Just to recap thats 25,000 down to the "big ten" we see today...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright

I am in no way saying the chart is inaccurate, but I dropped it into google image search and the only sites that come up are OWS sites. The bottom of the chart does say "Source: Fed Reserve Gao" however.

So you think it's not credible because it's associated with OWS? You must have a kool-aid mustache.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Shocking when seen on a graph, but I knew it was coming to all this. What happens after you have acquired all the money and are the richest on the planet? You do the math.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The BBC does it again! It looks like all of the big banks will implode soon in the absence of a credible plan to preserve the sovereign debt of Italy and Spain. If you think about that for a second, it is quite sobering! An IMF adviser made the astonishing assertion on BBC that within a couple of weeks the European big banking system could implode if a coherent and coordinated action is not undertaken:

www.youtube.com...

My apologies if this has already been shared. I'm a new member and find the structure and operation of ATS mystifying.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Thaxter because: New information

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Have you joined a credit union yet?
Less fees.
Treat you like a person.
Won't lend you money you can't afford to borrow to run up short term profits.
No brainer!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's all part of the plan, can't you see that? Now they are starting the raping process - all of them will fall in line. Who are you going to use? Local banks? Those are going to go t!ts up soon, too. Personally I use credit unions so I don't have to worry about all the ridiculous fees - yet.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Great graphic.

It just means that the "club" is getting rid of a lot of overlapping executives.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I personally remember about half of the mergers. But, unlike a lot of things posted on the Internet, everything in this chart is independently verifiable relatively fast and easy.

I think one of the merger dates is wrong, but it could be difference between when the merger was announced versus when it was finalized.

My major criticism is that it does not include all the major banks that have been involved in mergers. For instance, Toronto Dominion (a.k.a. TD Bank) is not mentioned.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Be good to see a chart with the people involved moving between banks along the chain too. Nice post

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The Tree is great and use full. thank you.
it would be even better if ever one who finds a company
that is owned by some other company added to a main list.
so we can build a tree of all of then.
even better if you can find evidence.
so we can shine a light on them all.
to stop the illegal games they play.

If America goes bankrupt.
they should wipe all debt.
And all money cash. should be dissolved.
that's all money in the banks. all paper cash of any type.
gold should not be a trade commodity. and other metals.
they should start over with a clean start.
it means the rich have the same as a working man who sweeps the roads.
but ever one gets a very good wage.
and the highest wage should be a maximum of ten times the minimum.
so you have a minimum wage and a maximum wage.
this would make it fair for all.
there would need to be a lot of controls on the money.
like money transfers to people and countries.
hum? this sounds like a new world order. thats what they wont.
THEM or TPTB have all that they wont.
money is getting to a state that it will be useless to them.
so they can let US have control of the money again.
they have total power and control of ever thing.
dame it they have just used us to get to a level ware they don't need us or
the money. they can just walk away and let the small time crook have what's left.
I dont know where they will go and what they will do.
but they have so much of every thing that they can live like gods.
and they can easily build it to be safe sustaining.
I think THEM will just quietly disappear.
and we will have to try to tidy up the mess they have left.
To THEM, please fix the mess you have made before you go.
Thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is great except for the fact that this is not true. There are plenty of smaller local banks, such as Skagit State Bank in Skagit County - you've never heard of it I bet because it's a local bank. Plenty of those around my area. Also, credit unions, such as BECU and WECU and whatever other credit unions are in other states besides Washington. It's simply a falsehood that there are only 4 banks or whatever that picture said. That's not to say that banks in general don't control everything and that those banks aren't horrible monopolistic corporations, but it's not true that they are the only banks.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, just the natural progression of business, which is to grow or die. Whether that growth is organic or through acquisitions, companies have to grow. If they just sit idle, any newcomer/startup or outsider can step in and eat their lunch. So whether that growth is to increase market share or to gain a new technology, all companies are trying to get the upper-hand on their competitors somehow.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I could care less. fiat money begets more fiat money, nothing to back it up, no means to self sustain, only grows like a cancer into any society it partakes of (this is not our first rodeo on the circuit of money barons people)..

This is another repeat performance in the world, and banks are nothing more then a clearing house for fiat manipulations..

It's happened before,it's going to happen again, the barons will be strung up, the local constable's will try to intervene, the weapons come out, then we have anarchy and discordance, from which a single individual will appear, to "set things right" and denounce what is happening, set right was was wrong, make people "feel better" about themselves, and give the population the one thing missing beyond just hope, that would be "results", all the while reading the by-lines and scripts set out before this individual, in order to get everyone believing in this person ability to make "changes" happen for the common folk..

Names will be named, (even if they were not responsible for what happened and were truly innocent) they will executed, and the truth buried with them, then after all is said and done, and the population is eating their bowl of ice cream, and enjoying their new false sense of prosperity and well being, the "final" trick will be pulled, and the entire world will go to hell, served upon a solid gold platter (The world has reached these dizzying heights of population before people)..

Once this is all done, then those that have their tickets for the DUMBS, will "reappear" and set up the foundations for a new infrastructure (but this time with even higher technological capacity then ever before)..

People, this is old news to me.. false flags, do not have to be news worthy, they are also small ones, almost insignificant in purpose, but add up to a much larger picture..

Look to history.. you will see this same exact spectrum of scenarios being played out all over again.. I am tired of this BS.. let the F'n world fall, Hell I don't even care if all of humanity is wiped out (including myself) , at least the world would survive our stupidity..

We NEVER remember, and we NEVER learn....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join