It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A disturbing Image...For you to comment on.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

So - down to 4 banks from almost 40.

Interesting. I guess that's what's meant by "consolidation of the wealth."

S&F&

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Pretty impressive, I didn't think it was that bad.

And everytime there's a merger, the "control" or "influence" theses banks have over the whole system (including gov) increases. The way things are going right now, in the future there will be only 1 media company, 1 bank and 1 big corporation under 1 gov. Scarryyy...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
nice ..well organized...very good....bright future...yes we can!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

How does it make me feel?

"Meh" is the answer.

Big banks buy out smaller ones when they're up for sale and smaller banks have always had a bigger parent company running them anyway.

It's like the local shops in England that are local to various areas but run by a bigger parent so that all of them can be the same and sell the same kinds of things (Nisa and Michael's being two of the more known)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So, why is this so bad and frighting? Do you expect MORE government intervention? Banks fail and are taken over by more liquid banks. The banks that fail probably had poor management and lost their ability to compete. Now I say government regulation is required to keep banks from over charging the public but otherwise, the government should stay out of it. Let the free market decide. I don't' think the banks should have been bailed out during the Bush presidency. They should have been left to collapse. That's why we have the FDIC isn't it? To guarantee the deposits of the public? The government probably did it because they couldn't afford to pay out those losses.

We are screwed...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

November 5th, Bank Transfer Day

Thank god for Credit Unions....move your money out before it's too late and you are charged fees for them to hold onto your money.

Boycott the Banks !
Bank Transfer Day is November 5th, transfer your funds out of the 5 major Banks into your local bank/credit union.

PEACE.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Wow. What do you get the megaconglomorate that has everything?
A planet? A star system?

You get them a nice new shiny headquarters in Dubai, where there's no income tax.
Where slavery is legal, more or less, you can't call it that but you can import some workers and keep their passports forever so they can't leave.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

edit add on: I notice this all took place in 2008. WHAT??????
edit on 7-10-2011 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

Looks more 1994 to me....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You think this picture is bad.....this only goes back to 1999....care to see the banks from 1800 up till 1999? Hundreds more, now all merged into 4 main banks. Other small banks are being bought up daily as well.

Just the other day 4 main branches of a populor local bank around where I live now have closed and one of the big 4 mentioned above own them.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It is disturbing, as far as it goes. But the chart does not even begin to show how many small local independent banks were "acquired" by the larger banks before they themselves were swallowed up. Its scary #, no doubt.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
Karl Marx talked about this a long time ago. I can't remember word for word, but paraphrased it goes something like this...
Capitalism inevitably becomes Communism, because it produces monopolies, and balances unemployment with inflation. Probably nowhere near right, but maybe somebody knows the quote. Gosh, I'm slipping...

Spot on.

The most important information in the world: BOTH Communism and Capitalism were designed for the same outcome. Both were/are meant to create revolutions that lead to the same totalitarian society.

From the transcript of the 1938 NKVD interrogation of Khristian G. Rakovsky (a.k.a Chaim Rakeover), one of the founders of Soviet Bolshevism, intimate of Trotsky's and former Soviet ambassador to Paris:

"Marxism, before being a philosophical, economic and political system, is a conspiracy for the revolution. And as for us the revolution is the only absolute reality, it follows that philosophy, economics and politics are true only insofar as they lead to revolution. The fundamental truth (let us call it subjective) does not exist in economics, politics or even morals: in the light of scientific abstraction it is either truth or error, but for us, who are subject to revolutionary dialectic, it is only truth. And insofar as to us, who are subject to revolutionary dialectic, it is only truth, and therefore the sole truth, then it must be such for all that is revolutionary, and such it was to Marx. In accordance with this we must act. Remember the phrase of Lenin, in reply to someone who demonstrated by way of argument that, supposedly, his intention contradicted reality: "I feel it to be real" was his answer. Do you not think that Lenin spoke nonsense? No, for him every reality; every truth was relative in the face of the sole and absolute one: the revolution. Marx was a genius. If his works had amounted to only the deep criticism of Capitalism, then even that would have been an unsurpassed scientific work; but in those places where his writing reaches the level of mastery, there comes the effect of an apparently ironical work.

"Communism" he says "must win because Capital will give it that victory, though its enemy."

See 'Red Symphony': www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

International Communism didn't work - they tried it in Russia - killing 20 million people, they tried it in China - killing 50 million, they tried it in Spain - killing half a million, they tried it in Cuba - killing thousands. Luckily there were Nationalists / Bonapartists / Royalists stopping them every time and Communism became exposed as the evil, violent strategy that it is, but their use of Capitalism - using the banks and stock markets to deliberately cause an economic crisis whenever they please - has been a clever non-military tactic. In the end we have the exact same scenario that the Bolsheviks wanted - Revolution. Riots and protests in the US, England, Greece, Spain, etc., etc., because of the banks.

The paedophile and NWO writer, Lewis Carroll, wrote of it - he called Communism and Capitalism, 'Tweedledum' and 'Tweedledee' in 'Alice in Wonderland' and wrote of it further in his analogy 'Alice through the Looking-Glass'. The pdf is easily found on the internet.

edit on 7-10-2011 by rottensociety because: Communism and Capitalism appear as the characters 'Tweedledum and Tweedledee' in only 'Alice in Wonderland'. The Marxist analogy comes up again in 'Through the Looking-Glass'.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hey, that picture reminds me of the NBA playoffs.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm glad I left Bank of America. What a greedy scheme they are doing charging people to hold their money. What a bunch of leeches. Boycot the banks, because they don't deserve to be so wealthy, when honest laborers are out struggling to make ends meet.
edit on 7-10-2011 by PunchingBag80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You want my view on this? fair enough

I believe that the whole banking system is corrupt and horribly materialistic with no thought for common man. The fact that banking is private is one of the biggest jokes of the century, the fact that all of our money is printed by private companies and that everything is private nowadays is an even bigger joke.
I've lost my faith in Civilization and simply cant be arsed, especially as i see WW3 just round the corner, time to get back to nature and find my roots before this S*&t goes bang. (the idea of Mad Max is cool but i think the reality is pretty f*&%$d up, not really my thing)

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Imagine you and me owing six cars and having thirteen houses rented out while owning two big properties to live in when some people only have one house and one car if they are lucky.

Who cares who owns the banks!

Put your money in, take your money out.

Take a pill and chill.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius

You want my view on this? fair enough

I believe that the whole banking system is corrupt and horribly materialistic with no thought for common man. The fact that banking is private is one of the biggest jokes of the century, the fact that all of our money is printed by private companies and that everything is private nowadays is an even bigger joke.
I've lost my faith in Civilization and simply cant be arsed, especially as i see WW3 just round the corner, time to get back to nature and find my roots before this S*&t goes bang. (the idea of Mad Max is cool but i think the reality is pretty f*&%$d up, not really my thing)

Yet you will continue to liev as selfishly as anypone else around you. And today will prove it

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

A disturbing Image...For you to comment on

This kind of thing is often the point made by those who dislike capitalism. And to be sure, the idea of competition creating a better product at a better price is undermined by the constant mergers. AT&T and Walmart are prime examples of what happens after any corporation becomes so large and has so very little of that competition left. If you have millions of customers, all of a sudden, the displeasure of one, or ten, or a hundred or even a thousand, means little. You no longer have to compete because your competition is either in your pocket or dead.

But I do tend to see this as an abuse of the free market system and makes it clear that it is the human condition, not that system, that should bear the weight of responsibility. And finally, it makes a case for some consumer oversight that is actually peopled by consumers and not business execs, such as the BBB and various state Public Service Committees.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yeah, and unfortunately at least one of those holds every mortgage in the United States, whether directly or indirectly

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Forget about occupying anything, that does not cost them money. If everyone stopped paying the VISA card, well then you would have their undivided attention.....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What would happen if everyone that had a mortgage with one of these three big banks just stop paying their monthly payment? remember if the bank owns it it has to pay the property taxes on it get a bail out from that. dont think so property taxes are state taxes it would ruin them there is no way they could come up with enough money fast enough to get the state revenuer's of their backs the stat would seize the properties and auction them off.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join