It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A disturbing Image...For you to comment on.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's just like March Madness! I would say that this picture is very interesting, but it is also very insignificant. I don't think it matters how many or how few banks there are, because they ALL get their money from the same place, and they ALL bow down to the same master... the FED. I look at it this way... what's the difference between one guy kicking you in the balls 10 times a day, or 10 guys kicking you in the balls once a day? There isn't one, because you are still getting kicked in the balls 10 times a day.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I use a small community bank as well. they keep doggie treats so if your dog is with you they get a treat. Don't think that was 2 lines so here's a little more.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
For the ones who haven't seen this..

I wonder what comes next ,JPMorgan CitiBank of America?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Wow. What do you get the megaconglomorate that has everything?
A planet? A star system?

A revolution.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
Karl Marx talked about this a long time ago. I can't remember word for word, but paraphrased it goes something like this...
Capitalism inevitably becomes Communism, because it produces monopolies, and balances unemployment with inflation. Probably nowhere near right, but maybe somebody knows the quote. Gosh, I'm slipping...

Its true... the natural successor of capitalism is communism and then at some point back again. That's why we have to think of something entirely different to move towards. There was a suggestion of Manarchy (NOT monarchy) or what it was called in one of the other threads where the basics consist on parliament being a duty rather than a life like the fat cat politicians have today. One tour and you're out, and someone else takes over.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why are American's so bothered by this. This IS the whole point of capitalism. The ability to buy whatever the heck you want as long as you have the money to.

And you're still bothered by it? Hmm...okay so maybe capitalism isn't such a great thing after all

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
good find......it seems like we are going back to monopolies really...you know those guys talk and work together haha...good find once again.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

oh dear..... this was in 2008 ?! yup that is indeed an incredibly disturbing image....
i'm not even sure what to say ?!

S + F OP !

link   
I was thinking "that's not too bad" then i realized you could scroll over... Oh that's really bad.

link   

This is the stuff that should help wake the sheeple. Good job!

link   

Looks like hunting season for Teddy Roosevelt to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Id say it just shows banks can't handle money properly and are not to be trusted. All banks no longer in existence tells me also that they deserved to sink.

So does not disturb me, rather makes me grin, at the complete waste they have become.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Four fingers of the Federal Reserve's hand. Is the MilPlex the thumb?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I think the graph is a great visual. It really shows the monopolizing of the banks. I used to work for Citi. I left because of the greed, corporate waste, and massive mis-management of resources time and money. It would be telling to show the other companies that these banks own as well. For example, Citi owns Goldman Sachs and countless other lending and investment firms. In 2006 Goldman Sachs got Citi kicked out of Japan for crashing the Japan stock market through unethical trading. Because of that, Citi was put under a moratorium for any future acquisitions until 2009. If it wasn't for that injunction, Citi would have acquired a lot of more banks during that time period like Bank of America did.

The issue with the monopoly is that they have made themselves "too big to fail". This was the reasoning behind the bank bailout. They had they argument that the six big banks were too large to let them go under. They are too large because of acquisitions and are failing because of lack of organization and mass mis-management.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Looks like hunting season for Teddy Roosevelt to me.
You know, Dennis Kucinich is a little guy like Theodore Roosevelt and obviously has something good going on judging by the looks of his wife and what he stands for... He may very well be what is needed as a candidate of the Democratic party for president... These Robber Baron creeps have been getting everything they have wanted and able to undo the laws that did away with monopolies starting in 1981 when GE schooled and groomed Ronald Reagan was elected to the presidency. I could see what was ahead for us when that went down.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It has narrowed since 2003, because Wachovia has been absorbed by Wells Fargo.

EDIT: OOPS, didn't realize that you could scroll over, haha.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Balanced because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I don't think it is insignificant, at all. If you take your example, and there were 10 banks, then the government could let one fail, and there would still be 9 others there to pick up the work. With the massive bank acquisitions now leaving only 4-6 major players, the fear is that if one fails there will be an economic crisis. These banks are failing because of years, upon years of corporate greed and mismanagement. Now they have built their empires so the taxpayers have to bail them out while their executives still get millions in bonuses.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Without any regulations, the bigger banks and corporations will eventually devour their competition. Corporations have found ways of eliminating competitions. It's rampant across America and has lead to higher unemployment, less choice for the consumer and higher prices because of less competition. I consider the buyouts of other corporations a way to consolidate their power and force out competition. In my book this is monopolizing the market which should be restricted and regulated.

When one business or company dominates its area and squeezes out all its competition, the result is the consumer does not have a free choice, and inevitably the price of it's products or services will increase, and the 'Monopoly' increases it's profit. Although, sometimes prices stay low to discourage anyone from entering the market, profit still does occur. Not to be confused with a pure monopoly, where a company has control over the entire market for a product because of barriers to entry, a monopoly doesn't exist with complete control. However, a monopoly is a philosophical process of direct competition leading to a pure monopoly, it is not in itself a purely dominating force. It is rather, the process of obtaining competitive grounds for a strive toward total control. The board game Monopoly is based on this concept. The idea is to buy all the property and build lots of houses and hotels, dominate the board and charge all the other players high rents... you get rich and win. The winner of the game is the one whom grasps a competitive edge. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Where did you get this chart?

I want to see charts like this for all sectors of industry as well, from agriculture to chemical, energy, manufacturing, telecommunications, military contractors etc.

Now that would be something!

I really like what this person is doing though. It really can help people get a grip on the bigger picture.

Good idea.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

nah, he wants to "take our guuuuns!"

I rather Ron Paul with a Colin Powel VP. Military knowings, constitutional respect, fairness. Done deal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join