It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people hope for a giant space object to smash into Earth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Greetings,

If you have not noticed, with the coming of 2012, the ending of the Mayan calender, the Hopi Indian blue and red star cacina visions, the attention around the globe that is commanded by not only comet Elenin but other NEO's, there would seem to be a large and ever growing number of people who wish to believe in an ELE that is tat amount to pushing the reset button of Earth. While many people will say, there is not evidence of any such event happening in the near future and the possibility they are completely correct, we are then left to ask ourselves why so many of our fellow humans are expecting and even sometimes romanticizing such an occasion?

Our civilization has regressed. It is more noticeable in America than anywhere else at this current time, it would seem to any American as though we now live in the middle ages, we have a select few elite, rich and powerful "lords" while the average person is a measly peasant, our voices are no longer heard nor taken seriously, What crimes were committed against the Constitution in the past were done behind closed doors and brushed under the rug but that simply is no longer the case.

An American citizen Anwar Al-Awlaki and another American born citizen were openly assassinated by our own government to the cheers of thousands of sheep under the guise of perceived terrorism and threat. While this man was a detestable cockroach of a human being and though I may have beat him to death myself if you put me in a room with him makes little difference as it pertains to the the facts. Those facts are that he WAS an American citizen and he had rights, no matter how great or disgusting his crimes were. Remember that lady justice is blind and that regardless your excuse for a crime your accused of, there is no tolerance involving the state as to the nature of your crime.

Our justice system, our congress and our courts have become rogue before our very eyes, they no longer work for the people and in point of fact, actively work against them to quash a perceived coming rebellion that has caught the world over in a sort of wild fire in which America is the last bastion to be besieged and those in power are clinging to it like a rat on the last piece of cheese in the entire world.

Congress approval rating no matter what source you dig into is under 20% does that sound like a group of elected officials that is enforcing the will of the people or a group of power hungry puppets that think civil service means lavish vacations, unrealistic pensions, corporate compensation and a spot in a DUMB should the SHTF?

As much as the Obama administration is whining about our economy and jobs and the state of affairs for the common American and also despite the national debt well beyond the 13 trillion dollar mark, we see asinine and repressive laws and enforcement coming down for the most insignificant things, one of those being the federal condemnation of a natural plant that has been smoked for thousands of years, has been shown medically and scientifically to have health benefits and is not in the full swing of the governments wrath even though they are disregarding states rights to do so, if you don't believe me see what the feds are planning to do to Californa and medical marijuana, this is nothing less than insane in the world and economy we now live in and should leave you speechless if your brain has not been fluoridated to the point of complete crystallization.

Our own media has turned on us, we have no one and nothing to steer us in the right direction save our own common sense and a knowledge of freedom and what it means. What it means not only to you, but to your family and friends. Ask yourselves what must our forefathers have had to endure to see it in there best interest to risk the lives of there families and there kin to be free. What injustices were committed, what could not be notwithstanding and cause them to endure such hardship, loss of life and strife. When you answer that question, ask yourself if they were better off than we are now........... The scary thing is, when you do all the research, I think you will find that our creation as America under revolution came from far less in justices as we are enduring on a daily basis the last 15 years.

It is speeding up my friends, there won't be much longer that we have a voice, that is being situated and remedied as we speak, there is no problem with our government ordering media blackouts, the DoJ taking over and seizing websites or raiding and taking property, possesions and rights of dissenters to the federal government even if there well within there rights as pertains to state law. Even American citizens can be targeted openly for assasination and regardless of what you think about the man in question, no matter how vile, he had rights.

How long will it be before your targeted if you dissent? How will the government and corporate media portray your sins or transgressions? Will your neighbor cheer when you are struck down for your ideas and actions the state deems inappropriate? There are only 12 people on Earth qualified to make such a judgment for an American citizen and those 12 people are the ones who have been elected as a jury of that citizens peers.

Please wake up and see this nation for what it is becoming, there are worse places in the world but there are many countries who are vastly more "free" and this is not at all right and not what we are supposed to be nor meant to be, we are not Rome although we are headed down the exact same path.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

...but still... it is a little extreme and a lot early, to pine for an extinction event.

edit on 7-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
There are some sick #s in the world that don't give a damn about your life. I sure as hell don't care about anybody else's life but my own. If you care about yourself, you can get somewhere. These people are stuck on their doom fantasies.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Helious

...but still... it is a little extreme and a lot early, to pine for an extinction event.

Is it? The hard fact is that it will get much worse before it gets better. The thought of bloodshed, hardship and the destruction of family through revolution or all out war is harder to swallow than going out in one last embrace of a giant fireball from the sky.

If you think I'm wrong, ask any one of the men who has been forcibly evicted from his home and is left on the streets to try and feed his family from dumpsters and keep them warm under bridges because of corporate greed and politics.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'd rather it didn't... I quite like living at the moment and there are plenty of places I haven't been yet.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
There are some sick #s in the world that don't give a damn about your life. I sure as hell don't care about anybody else's life but my own. If you care about yourself, you can get somewhere. These people are stuck on their doom fantasies.

It is good for you that you feel that way, you tend to get farther in this life with that attitude, there is no doubt. That said, hopefully for you, this life is all we have, your disregard for other humans and there plight and your self centered approach to life and others not withstanding would probably make for a long transition in passing to another state of being........

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
You know what pisses me off? The fact we only get one shot at living before we die. People are being pushed and bullied, losing homes, wrecking their lives. Killing people for no reason...

I'm with you OP. I hope an ELE (Extinction Level Event) happens and the parasites that are humans are wiped off so a new animal can be the dominant race. LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Helious

Is it? The hard fact is that it will get much worse before it gets better. The thought of bloodshed, hardship and the destruction of family through revolution or all out war is harder to swallow than going out in one last embrace of a giant fireball from the sky.

If you think I'm wrong, ask any one of the men who has been forcibly evicted from his home and is left on the streets to try and feed his family from dumpsters and keep them warm under bridges because of corporate greed and politics.

I understand what you are saying and sometimes I feel that way...not today.

Your name suits you.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
You know what pisses me off? The fact we only get one shot at living before we die. People are being pushed and bullied, losing homes, wrecking their lives. Killing people for no reason...

I'm with you OP. I hope an ELE (Extinction Level Event) happens and the parasites that are humans are wiped off so a new animal can be the dominant race. LOL

We were never meant to live like this, so many of us can not be happy because the nature of our existence was not meant to lose sleep over bills or a meaningless job, to stress to the point of ulcers of world war, hunger or greed. We were meant to love our partners, to enjoy our children and share the everyday simple yet awesome pleasures afforded to us by our mother, provider and island....... Earth.

Anything that keeps us from being free, from feeling less human is evil by not only definition but by nature and action. New age feelings or whatever you want to call it aside, we are finding it less and less likely we can live out a normal day without breaking some new law or being taxed simply by living. There is a choke point, we are rapidly approaching it as our conscious minds are flat out simply rejecting the nonsense of the box those in power are forcing us to live our lives in.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
because they're idiots and don't realize the suffering and death that would follow an asteroid hitting earth.

and they probably wouldn't survive the massive power outage that would last for months, the lack of food and water.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Very well put OP. S+F for you
Also I have to say that I totally agree with the poster that said an E.L.E. would be far less traumatic than watch the horrors we are facing today in the name of greed and power.
I too sometimes hope and pray for some such E.L.E. event, just to end the pain.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
because they're idiots and don't realize the suffering and death that would follow an asteroid hitting earth.

and they probably wouldn't survive the massive power outage that would last for months, the lack of food and water.

Your missing the point completely, in fact, I seriously doubt you even read the post. At least the suffering and death that followed an impact would be a "natural" tragedy and we wouldn't be left to wonder how our fellow man could be so wicked as to cause that level of pain and hardship on each other on such a grand of scale.

Imagine what the citizens of Japan were feeling after the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, what do you think there estimation of human "evolution" involved? Watching there children die slow, horrible deaths, witnessing death and destruction only seen in the worst nightmares of there dreams? Knowing that it was not the heavens that opened up but the ignorance, greed and struggle for power by there fellow human beings, others that share the same air, dirt and water as they do.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

just look at the death and suffering happening all around us right now. But I guess that is acceptable to you, because you have a home, food to eat and a PC to play on. Its easy for you to bury your head in the sand and pretend all the death and suffering in our world dont exist, while playing BF3 or watching funny videos on youtube. In the case of an E.L.E. there will be no pretending anymore, you will have to actually face the death and suffering thats going on.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3

We were never meant to live like this, so many of us can not be happy because the nature of our existence was not meant to lose sleep over bills or a meaningless job, to stress to the point of ulcers of world war, hunger or greed. We were meant to love our partners, to enjoy our children and share the everyday simple yet awesome pleasures afforded to us by our mother, provider and island....... Earth.

Anything that keeps us from being free, from feeling less human is evil by not only definition but by nature and action. New age feelings or whatever you want to call it aside, we are finding it less and less likely we can live out a normal day without breaking some new law or being taxed simply by living. There is a choke point, we are rapidly approaching it as our conscious minds are flat out simply rejecting the nonsense of the box those in power are forcing us to live our lives in.

FRIGGIN THIS!!! Thiis is a PERFECT example of whats wrong with this planet. MONEY is the root of all evil. People killing themselves because they can't pay bills.. it's insane. I hope they end the Fed, then over here in Britain that'll push people to want to end the Bank of England.

I've got a contract phone and if I'm a day late they phone all day "Wheres the money? you'll be cut off" so? I don't have a job and I'm on benefits. I got the phone for my girlfriend and we go half on it and my money from the dole goes on shopping and such. Now get this, If I got over my bank, like say I go over by ONE POUND they charge me 25 pounds because I went over? IT'S RIDICULOUS!!! no wonder people shoot up places...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Helious- To answer your question, i hope everyday that i see a sign that their is only a few days left because quite frankly, their is nothing left for me on this world. I spend all of my time at work trying to earn a living for what? to pay bills. I never have anytime to enjoy life its just work work work, and i still have no money at the end anyway.
Not that money means anything to me, but i do not enjoy slaving my ass off and ruining my body just to be able to have a roof over my head and to be able to afford food. It's just not right.

I take comfort in trying to be their for others and shed light but this is dissipating.
The past 6 months all i can think about is this 'commit, blue star, Nibiru' or whatever you want to call it, and i think to myself.... if its not here by 2015 i'm capping myself.

Bit emotional but that's my 2cents lol.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Those who hope for such a scenario are obviously taking the beauty of life for granted. Once you come face to face with your own mortality, you will realise how precious your life actually is.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Rather than see 90% of the population die, I would rather see a total reformation that will bring an end to the corruption that rukes our lives. I prefer not to see the massive loss of life and the endless years of suffering that would result in an ELE. Life is precious and this is still such a beautiful planet.

System change rather than death, any day.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Those who hope for such a scenario are obviously taking the beauty of life for granted. Once you come face to face with your own mortality, you will realise how precious your life actually is.

But i do see the beauty of life. The beauty of every living thing or creature on the earth and beyond. I have seen things many have no idea exist. I show love and kindness to everything and everyone, Am baffled by even the complexity of a grain of sand. But what does this matter if we do not have time to appreciate them?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
There is a fundamental problem in thinking right there:

MANY people base their beliefs and theories on the thinking that "current circumstances" are now really bad, the world is in an horrid state, the government, banks etc. are corrupted as never before - short: The world is such a BIIIIIIG mess that the only conclusion/hope is a big comet which better should destroy it all.

The mistake here is that this is simply not true.

While we *do* have problems which cannot be denied, things were NOT better in the past, by a long shot.

Take your average history book...and heck you can go back until the Roman empire, whatever..and analyze each time period whether "life" was really "better"...don't forget the middle-ages, wars, genocides, economy crisis, slavery and COUNTLESS outrageous things and horrible all over in our history which make it clear that NOW is *by far* not as bad as some people want to believe.

People are comfortably sitting at home at their computers and are ranting how bad everything is..but they are totally ignoring the fact that we went through time periods in the past where life was WAY, WAY harder, with much more injustice, violence etc..

Edit: In fact, i think one reason why people are worrying about IRRATIONAL things so much is *coming* from the fact that life right now is so comfortable - because if there is really, really bad times like wars, genocide etc..etc..people have OTHER things to worry about.
edit on 7-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join