It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arachnid Grenades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I know you are all wondering the arachnid grenades? What is that suppose to mean? I will tell you.

The Black Widow Spider:

Black Widow

The Brown Widow Spider:

Brown Widow

Wow brown widows must be really bad, because of their name compared to the black widow!

What inspired me to write this thread is, because these insects are called spiders for a reason (spyder)… I was at my friend’s house Wednesday night and we happened to start talking about brown widows, because I told him I saw a good size one at my brother in laws house at about ankle height. So me and my friend Frank were bs’n about that, and when I said I guarantee there is brown widows all around your trash cans, and that rocking chair for two with the steel frame. So he went to get his flashlight, and he shined it around, and instantly we saw about 3 brown widows within a vicinity of about 12 inches. He had his propane torch. We killed about 20 brown widows in about a 12 ft area across, and we killed 3 brown widow eggs. They are noticeable because they are light yellowish color, and they have spikes on the eggs. If you know you got killer spiders in your property they have to be dealt with, and killed. My observation through-out the years is that spiders that seem to be harmless are above ground by at least 6 ft, and I am talking about those spiders you blatantly see that are either eye level or hanging from your tree or across your front porch. Now those spiders may look ugly, but they aren’t a threat like black widows, and brown widows. Remember ankle height or maybe slightly above the kneecap, and you see spider webs, be extra careful where you put your hand or where you walk.

Hopefully this thread will help out others…

edit on 7-10-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: Photo of brown widow egg/ black widow egg

edit on 7-10-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: Sorry the black widow egg, looks similar but more of a smoother surface....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

While I'm still unsure what you mean by "Arachnid Grenades" (other than it would be the most kick-ass weapon EVER
) I do know a bit about spiders....though I haven't come into contact with a black widow, I've been bitten twice now by Brown Recluse spiders (my basement is infested with them.....I havent done laundry in my own house for about a year now!
)

When it comes to B.Recluse's....they are nasty little mothers.....They cause a lot of skin necrosis, and will make you sick with flu like symptoms for a few days (elderly or infants risk death from a bite).

What really makes me mad is that one of the bites ruined my Joan of Arc tattoo!

It was a really nice one too....I've only got two tats, and that was my good one. Now Joan looks like someone shot her in the chest with a bazooka!

edit on 7-10-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: spider-man

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Well, I use the term grenade, because they will spread a lot within a kill radius of an actual grenade. I am sure if me and my friend continued longer down the line, we would of found more within 5 meters or more. They are sneaky though that is why they are so dangerous.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Black Widow spiders are among the most feared in the world for a reason. Although not as deadly or life threatening as a handful of other others including the Sydney funnel web, there bite will often leave the victim wishing for death for at least 48 hours while many reports indicate severe lingering effects for as long as 3 weeks.

Descriptions for these bites seems to indicate that the experience is best described as a waking epileptic fit where all the muscles in your body contort and contract violently and painfully without you being able to do a thing about it. I have heard countless stories about people just giving up on life within 18 hours after a bite because they can not endure the pain any longer.

As spiders go, the black widow is one to be feared. Interesting to note is the fact that while there is an anti venom that is quite effective, it can only every be used once, that said..... If you get bit and choose to receive the anti venom, don't get bit again!

edit on 7-10-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
There is a massive increase in false widows in the UK at the moment it seems, they don't kill, but their bite hurts, apparently, and makes you very ill.

I think think they are amazing creatures, I just don't fancy getting a nip off one.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 7/10/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Maybe I should of made it more universal, but I believe funnel spiders are just as bad. I am in the city so what I see are mostly black widows, and brown widows. In the desert or in other countries it could be funnel spiders or some other spiders i don't know about. I do believe though the spiders that make the webs low like knee height or lower then those are the most feared, but also most over looked arachnids in the world...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Spiders are killers alright and thank God for it or we would be inundated by every type of bug known to man. Just keep them out of your house and shed and unless you brush into one they won't ever bite you.
I happen to love spiders and usually just throw them outside if I find them in my house. I also happen to believe in karma and when given the choice I don't believe in killing any creature unnecessarily.
We are just starting to unlock the secrets of nature by making stuff like body armor from spider silk. I just wish more people could feel the amazement that I do when I see such creatures at work.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Your title gave me chills!

EEK! I am not a spider fan at all!

I have seen black widows here in FL, sneaky little buggers! My friend was bit on the rear by one and now has a scar from it.

We have the brown recluse here all over and that thing is NASTY! I don't do well with spiders in my space. I will freak out and run. I literally slept on the couch for a week once cause there was a big brown spider in my room and I didnt get it so I felt it was there plotting its attack on me!

S&F

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We had so many of these things on our back porch growing up. That was like my first known danger - black widows, then snakes.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
hmmm.....

I was thinking some kind of spring loaded can that flung a big wall of them up in the air.

Dont have any spiders here. constant killing thinned them into extinction at this place.

top topics

join