It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming Winter of Discontent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Judging by the weather it looks like it’s going to be a Winter of Discontent in the Northern Hemisphere.

AND

At this point I could bang on about the nonsense of global warming but to be honest I couldn’t really be bothered because if you still believe AGW is the primary driver of our changing climate you’re not doing enough research, and beyond that if you don’t believe it, well, I’m not going to preach to the converted.

There are some telling images in the video though which is worth a watch.

Anyway, I just thought I’d give a little heads up in case your down at OWS or similar, you might want to stock up on a little extra Christmas Cheer and get ready for the coming Winter in your Disco-n-tent.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
And I'm in Illinois, ain't no winter of discontent try the winter, we never forgot.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
One of the benefits of living near the equator, temp here never varies more than 10 or so degrees celcius. It was a beautiful balmy 28 today, and will be tomorrow, and the next day, and....well, you get the idea.

Now, off to the pool with my boys to enjoy some October sun and a cold beer or three......

edit on 7-10-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
How will It be In the UK?
In the last 3 year's the Winters have been getting colder with heavier Snow!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm in Scotland. Last week for a couple of days, and when the clouds cleared, it was HOT. Yesterday a cold descended on us that was bone chilling. Today the sun is shining but it's damned chilly out there. I think it'll be a cold winter.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I'm in Scotland. Last week for a couple of days, and when the clouds cleared, it was HOT. Yesterday a cold descended on us that was bone chilling. Today the sun is shining but it's damned chilly out there. I think it'll be a cold winter.

Amen, we're back to Indian summer 26, 25 C out here. Compared to last week it was only 9 C. It's been a mess out here.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Zakka

My bet is it will be colder with heavier snow.

Second line, Stock up on long lasting foods, going out will get hairy, it always does here.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I am preparing for a harsh winter, but then again I always do (is nice to have winters that are more akin to those of my youth).. have cut my bills back to the level they where 4 years ago by adding among other things another solid fuel fire
have stocked up on food and am ready for the fun.

Fortunately most people around here gang together to help the elderly, dig each other out and what not before going off to have fun with the kids
which has been pretty brilliant really and aside from sunny days down the beach is one of the few times you can get them off their xbox/ps3s and what not.

Bring it on

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Ah soup cooking season, I miss a good pot o soup.

Any of you ever just throw a chuck roast in a pot of beef broth, with whole potatoes, some carrots, celery, and a bit of onion before? Let it simmer all afternoon and get some thick egg noodles for it. ya

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
A lot of the long range weather forcasts say its going to be as bad as the 2010-11 winter
and have been predicating that for a while.november when its starts to get nippy.
So preparer for the worst hope for the best.

At least we have a white christmas and keep those relatives who pop up once a year
away.so not all bad.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Last winter was relatively mild, never got below zero. Of recent, quite likely the mildest in a decade where I am.

Though this past summer was virtually just 3 months.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Meh just another average Maritime Winter.

We got 10 feet of snow in about 10 weeks last year, so bring it mother nature

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zakka

I suspect rather less cold and snowly than the first half of last winter, but not so warm and frost-free as the second half was

In other words, pretty normal.

Small chance that Sod's Law will apply and after all the advanced preparation in case of a repeat of last December, it'll end up mild and wet throughout

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
All that picture shows is the normal winter the US experiences every year.

Still checking video data.
edit on 10/7/11 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I told my roommate in August that it was going to be an awful, awful, cold winter and a very harsh one, I said last winter that it was going to be a horrid summer, and it was, so I am gearing up for this winter, it's going to be a killer.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

That map is kind of a depiction of how winter looks every year in the USA..

I do agree, however, that this winter is going to be particularly nasty. especially in the North East.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Apparently here in the UK (south east, east) we are going to have one more heatwave by the end of next week. Although this was reported in the Daily Express so who knows how accurate this will turn out to be.

I think we will see another harsh winter and as usual the UK will be paralysed by it. Not our fault though, it's always the wrong type of snow...............................

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Winter is coming...................

vvv

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Brrr-ace yourselves!

Britain is just weeks away from being in the grip of temperatures as low as -20C, forecasters have predicted.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I'm heading to ebay right now for some thermal underwear before word spreads and there's a shortage

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

You cartainly can't beat a good pair of long Johns!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join