It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people downing OWS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Though I love what the protest stands for, I saw this video and related it to the protests in wall street.

What anti-ows thinks of ows.

This is obviously a joke.
The people that are there right now aren't incoherent stoners just there because there bored and feel cool.
This protest is about many things, people are there because of the 1% not paying there fair share.
People are there because of the unemployment rate and our deficit, People are there because they want there children to live in a world much better then one we live in today. And many more examples..
I swear it;s like people are still listening the MSM these days.

"IT'S LIKE THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THERE PROTESTING" I'm sick of hearing that. Like seriously people? Just do some research and you will find out that this is more then a angry mob holding up traffic.
In reality it comes down to the individual level. When people are losing there jobs every single day,
there house getting foreclosed, they cant afford healthcare, etc.
THIS IS WHAT"S GOING TO HAPPEN, PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO STAND FOR IT.

People are saying that this protest is meaningless...What do you mean? IT'S A START.

Which brings me to a fellow ATS member's thread

DENNIS KUCINICH'S MESSAGE TO WALLSTREET PROTESTERS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You know what he said? YOUR PRESENCE IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE. How does protesting make it worst? It obviously get's more attention then complaining about it here on a website that is irrelevant to most of the world.

Get real people, there making a difference, a huge difference.

edit on 7-10-2011 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by BruceEFury because: Changed title to fit thread.

edit on 7-10-2011 by BruceEFury because: VideoTitle

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
one of the best posts about the protests.
imo the police are going to turn this into something.. then itll get noticed -_-

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yeah, to be honest. People who cannot step out of their own personal bubble of comfort, and take a peek into the real world. And know what is going on in your country. This is not a conspiracy theory. We. Are. Getting. SCREWED. The entire banking system is screwed. The FED is screwed. The Gov't is screwed. This is for all of that.

We got some people on twitter going along with this BS. like "Oh they're just hippies" and all that #. or you go on the 99 tumblr, and you got some dudes being like "I worked hard all my life, etc etc, i do not want handouts, yadda yadda"

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

The best? Use the search function and you will find something that will top this i promise you.
I posted this thread because i've been seeing a consistency of people saying
these people are pinheaded by the way they approached this protest.

They've certainly got there attention,
and honestly how else are thousands of people going
to try and get there message across? They can't besides
posting it on websites that an average american wouldn't visit.

The protest's have certainly opened some eyes for people to look into it.
If the protest is the wrong way of doing it.. then how else are they going to do it?
Tweet away and rant on forums until they give up knowing there's no hope?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

We got some people on twitter going along with this BS. like "Oh they're just hippies" and all that

It is funny how soon we all forget what the people looked like that protested The Vietnam War, Social Injustice and Segregation. Darn funny looking hippies never have a point.............

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

i said one of... not THE best.
take a compliment

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Haha sorry, im a little on the defensive side tonight,
been watching the jon stewart vs bill oreilly debate for the last hour,
until i came here and read like 4 post's that we're downing OWS.
The stress the stress...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Change Your Mind

Well I could be equally Rude and present that your whole mind,concept ,and post

Is nothing more than an aimless Hicory Nut ,fallen from a soon to be firewood tree,

that I will Split,Stack,and Burn Before this Winter is over. Regardless of Species,

How do you like those Apples? Fallen from the Empire Tree?

This will proceed beyond you and me. So it is. True and Free

When you wake up Tomorrow, It will still be,,, Waiting for You Patiently. Best Regards,W

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
you've got to be suspicious about the people that sign up for ATS and start downing the protests..

if you have nothing constructive to say please go back to the you-tube comment sections where you belong.

more then ever, the famous Great Dictator speech applies

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They are zombies, downing what the right tells them to while they cheer for more freedom wrapped in the flag.
"Mmmmm Freedom" The right will continue to tell them to down the "hippies" as THEIR corporate masters order them too.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As a pro OSW'r this movement will continue to grow. WE do not want money from any corporation, we do not want big business involved in Government, We do not want private corporations controlling key elements of our nation's infrastructure.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
OWS seems to be a left wing version of the tea party. It was started by a small group of people that were genuinely upset with the status quo, but did not have a coherent aim or well articulated agenda. Well-established political groups capitalized on the group's angst and lack of focus and hijacked the movement. Just as the tea party has become a simple re-branding of the Republican party, OWS has become a re-branding of the Democratic party.

The tea party when on to undermine the intellectual underpinnings of the Republican party. Smart Republicans with sophisticated and complex ideas that did not align with simple dogma got crowded out by the shrill voices of the tea party. Something tells me when it is all said and done, OWS will do the same thing to the Democrats.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

This was made before OWS and is about the tea party. However, OWS and the tea party have more in common than they would like to admit.

top topics

join