It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member, old question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hi there, I'm new to ATS and wanted to start with a question. What are we looking for? I
started reading ATS because I wanted answers to one of the usual questions: 'Are we alone?'

For some time now I've been looking here and elsewhere for that answer. At first I searched
for the answer itself. Later it became proof that there might be an answer. Now I find
myself wondering if I'm asking the right questions. There are videos with lights, videos
with things that look like alien space ships, and videos with things that look like alien
space ships created in a fantasy studio. Even though I know these things are suspect I
found myself looking for ways to make it work. Yes, that's a single point of light, low on
the horizon, maybe between a few trees. But, I can't disprove it so I'll let that one
slide. There's another light performing an acrobatic dance against a polka dotted sky;
can't rule that one out either. Eventually we see so many lights they can't all be fake!
You'll stumble across a few references and some beautiful statistics and say 'let’s see
where this idea goes'.

Some time thereafter you'll find yourself wondering: if we're not
alone, why is it that we're not talking?. Next we realize that we must actually be
talking to our cosmic neighbors - the statistics and circumstantial evidence must be
correct! – and that someone or something is not allowing 'us' to hear the conversation. So
we ask ourselves: who put a kink in the cosmic string between our tin can and theirs? There
are a few logical leaps here but eventually we decide it must be the government. They have
all the money, all the resources, all the technology. But, didn't we elect those officials?
Surely they can't all be bad. Maybe, just maybe there's something bigger. Something more
sinister. Something just at the cusp of our understanding that controls it all. That fits.
We're not alone in this cold dark universe. We're actually part of something larger than
the trappings of this world and all of the troubles that go with it. But! Something -
someone is keeping this knowledge from us. It might be government; it might be some shadowy
overlord hiding in plain sight. Now we try to look for evidence to support this new idea.

And so it goes. I guess that brings me back to that question... What ARE we looking for?
edit on 7-10-2011 by spaceman1 because: aesthetics

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am looking for the truth, and for people to share it with or to share it with me.

I am looking for human beings who care about the world and the direction we are all headed.

I am looking for freedom and liberty, and want to see it grace our civilization and bless us with prosperity.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceman1

Welcome. Just a quick tip for your future posts.....could you please leave spaces between your paragraphs? It's really hard to sit and read a continuous block of writing.

You need to space out smalls blocks, as I've just done.

There, I did it again........makes it far easier to read. A lot of people would ignore your posts if they are in one large block.

I'm not being nasty - just constructive criticism..........

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The truth is subjective but we can look for the facts!

And good point about the spacing... Thanks. I never like those kinds of posts! I haven't made a post on the internet since we called it a BBS.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Agreed.

and a great culmination of these points (especially the last) in our lifetime would be nice

reply to post by spaceman1

Had to look up BBS

Good OP spaceman1. also, in our lifetime it would be nice (to have proof of friends out there[I hope they're friends]).
edit on 2011/10/7 by Jimjolnir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Nice first Post

I look forward to looking for the answers on various threads with you. We all carry bits of the complete answer, ATS is the only venue I've found to meet other people, who carry other pieces of the big puzzle. Meet enough ATSers, more answers.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Welcome!

new topics

top topics

join