It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the Doom and Gloom? Why Do Some Want It So Bad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well... to be honest. I want to see something amazingly crazy happen. Even though most likely nothing won't happen I still quietly anticipate predictions lol

One day I just want to be like...

"OMG, This is it.....!"

"So this is how it all ends huh..?"

"Sh**.. is.. about.. to.. hit..the.. fan.. For real this time.."

"Holy crap!! The Dark Knight Prophecy is f***ing real???"

Then of course... If I do die, I want to die epic. Dying of old age is not my cup of tea. Neither is getting shot by a lone bullet by some desperate loser.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

I know there's a trend to call non ATSers "sheeple," but that's just silly.....

Do you know who the 'sheepliest' of sheeple, actually are?

The sheepliest, are those who actually believe they are wide awake, and enlightened, and know the actual truth pertaining to everything.

reply to post by TurkeyTots

In the end, there are two approaches: acceptance or denial.

Things are the way that things are. You don't have to agree with them to accept them.

It's not quite that cut and dry.

For example: Some people honestly believe there are shapeshifting lizard-men living inside their spaceship (aka Hollow Moon). You can accept that all day long 24/7, but that will not transform the fiction into a reality.

Anyone can believe in whatever they choose, but that does not actually make it real.

[color=858585]wait... did he just say sheepliest?? yup, that's right... sheepliest lol

edit on 10/7/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Well... to be honest. I want to see something amazingly crazy happen. Even though most likely nothing won't happen I still quietly anticipate predictions lol

One day I just want to be like...

"OMG, This is it.....!"

"So this is how it all ends huh..?"

"Sh**.. is.. about.. to.. hit..the.. fan.. For real this time.."

"Holy crap!! The Dark Knight Prophecy is f***ing real???"

Then of course... If I do die, I want to die epic. Dying of old age is not my cup of tea. Neither is getting shot by a lone bullet by some desperate loser.

My thoughts exactly....

I want it to be epic..

Then it gets depressing that the doom and gloom day comes around and sure enough nothing happens...on to the next day...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

thanks for being a smart ass LoL
I guess I deserved that one and deserved the " Mr. Obivous"

but you know what I was saying... The Unknown scares people...

We seem to all feel it in our beings we are on the edge of something ... like a big change... whether it be... the end or the beginning depending on how you see it....

I get comfort in my faith... it's a great anchor... these are the times we should all lean close to each other than seperate

-----------

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I ask myself the same question. If the world was going to end, I wouldn't want to know about it, I'd want to just live my life and let the end come as a surprise.
I like living, thank you very much, and intend to keep living as long as possible, without all these silly threads

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Bring the DoOm.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/728c7891d816.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/854f7d084574.png[/atsimg]

Perhaps we wish for impending doom because we are unhappy with our lives?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d0289cbdbce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Absolutely..........

I am not economically viable............................

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

You asked for our takes, so here's another one:

"Doom and Gloom" is kind of counter-productive, isn't it? It has a tendency to deactivate people, or make them chase around in circles.

So what you are looking for is a group, or a way of thinking, that wants us to do that. And that would be your source of doom and gloom.

In late August, an earthquake happened on the US East Coast. By early September some theories had started to appear that it wasn't a "real" earthquake. So here's one scenario: Somebody does not want us going there. It's a little too true or something. So they start a bunch of rumors going about how Elenin and the Sun might interact and result in a giant solar flare and other stuff like that. Voila! We're all talking about what "might happen" in September instead of what DID happen in August!

If you even believe half of the theories out there, those boys have a lot to hide. Like the whole 911 tragedy/fiasco. So they churn out a lot of "doom and gloom" to keep us distracted.

Then there's another whole aspect to this.

Say a guy is an alcoholic, and you'd like to help him out. Maybe he's your brother or your sister's husband or something. But this guy can't even face the fact that he's an alcoholic. You tell him "Why don't you try some rehab?" and he says, "I'm fine! I don't need rehab!" If you care about the situation, are you going to leave it like that? You've somehow got to rub it in this guy's face a little that he's got a problem and that it's affecting his family and so on. So you "educate" him. You point out to him some of the bad effects he's causing.

We have reason to believe that some of the bad news we hear on the radio or TV might actually be true. Did the drug cartels really dump two truckloads of dead bodies in the middle of a busy street in Mexico city? Did a tornado in Missouri really wipe out a whole small town? Are women and children in Somalia really starving to death by the thousands?

Apparently these things are true events. Maybe things aren't really as terrible as the news would like us to believe. But I don't think the correct response is: "I don't need rehab!" So there is a certain segment of ATS people who are mostly working to just make sure we realize that there is a situation. If you stand around like Alfred E. Neuman (What, me worry?) that's not going to cut it. Some others have said, a little more abrasively, "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem" (paraphrase of Eldridge Cleaver).

The missing ingredient

The missing ingredient, of course is solutions. And this gets tricky.

Let's go back to Doom and Gloom and its effects. It deactivates people, right? So there are forces on earth seeking to deactivate people, seeking to prevent them from finding workable solutions.

Those forces on earth have located most of the potential solutions and made sure that they are so "controversial" that most people would not touch them with a ten foot pole. If I told you where I thought you should look for some solutions, you would probably laugh at me. Because I was obviously a fool? No. Because "everybody knows" that that subject is really just a con job. But where do those stories really come from? The guys who want us to remain inactive.

So think, if you can, of a solution that very few people know anything about, except they are sure that it's "dangerous" because "everybody knows it is." And you will find one of those targeted solutions. Most of these ideas barely get the chance to be tested before they are squashed. I know some that have been tested, but if I told you what they were you would just laugh.

So, that's our quandary. This planet is involved in some situations that are threatening its survival. One of those situations seems to be the domination of the media, government, and educational institutions by a group that really doesn't want us to survive. They have gained ground because no one can believe that anyone would be that crazy. People kill themselves all the time, but "no one could be that crazy." So for must of us, that group just doesn't exist. Those problems must have more "sensible" causes. But our "sensible solutions" haven't been working.

Ready to look a little deeper?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join