It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound Off. Can ATS please ban the word "sheeple." For the love of all that is good!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

I KNOW! I hate "sheeple" "TPTB" and the phrase "....and so it begins"

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I have said this in another thread...
If your feelings are easily hurt or offended,someone
on this board will find it out and exploit it.
You need to thicken your skin and not be so easily
"hurt".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkNinja

At the end of the day it is a censorship, and I think that the majority of us agree that we wouldn't want to see it here on ATS

Censorship? On ATS?

No way!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

....pics or it didn't happen!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I have said this in another thread...
If your feelings are easily hurt or offended,someone
on this board will find it out and exploit it.
You need to thicken your skin and not be so easily
"hurt".

Honestly I don't really think that it HURTS me. I think it is just an extremely counter-productive argument tactic that accomplishes nothing but to boost the ego of the poster. If they have no fallback they just call someone a sheeple. It's a thread killer, argument killer, and a credibility killer. I just wish someone higher up would take notice and at least send out a message to all members.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Anytime there is name calling during an argument, it is counterproductive to any type of resolution. Name calling is a type of logical fallacy called ad hominem. It is attacking the person you are arguing with as opposed to finding logical flaws within their argument and exploiting them to prove your point.

It happens all the time on this site, as it seems SOME (as in not all) people become very agitated when their theory of choice is challenged. You can see an argument start to degrade as a person switches from using logical arguments, to circular arguments (another logical fallacy), to just attacking whomever they are arguing with.

Don't get offended when that happens, it pretty much means you have won the argument, as the person calling you names has apparently run out of decent arguments to throw at your argument/theory.

Another one that drives me nuts are the broad generalizations that you will hear on this website. "all of these protesters are communist hippies, nazis, etc". you will see that type of terrible argument often.
edit on 7-10-2011 by TruePatriot1685 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by TruePatriot1685 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What's wrong with "sheeple"? Do you have another term to describe such folks?

What's wrong with "TPTB"? Isn't this the commonly accepted term for "The Man"
Again, what other term would you prefer?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
What's wrong with "sheeple"? Do you have another term to describe such folks?

What's wrong with "TPTB"? Isn't this the commonly accepted term for "The Man"
Again, what other term would you prefer?

When you say 'such folks' what exactly do you mean? People who don't believe in the supposed NWO? People who are 'asleep'? We can't even pin down what that means! I think the term is all relative, and so dismissive...anyone could be a 'sheeple' and not even know it.

I dont really mind the term TPTB because it leaves for interpretation what the powers are whether its the local government or our magnificent reptile overlords...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You have to look at it in the context of the message containing the reference. In a sense, all of us NOT of the ruling elite, are the "sheeple" are we not?

We're the herd of sheeple that allow them to live in their mansions, sail on their yachts, etc. while we deal with the harsh consequences of their greed, such as unemployment, social hardship, etc.

I mean sure though, we're all somewhat mostly responsible for our own success, but the engineered system in place certainly favors those already in the money. (and has for many centuries, it just gets refined over time).

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit

Originally posted by Convicted
I have been called a sheeple endlessly over the years.

The best way to deal with it is watch the sheeple episode of South Park. It will crack you up and make yourself proud to make another guy call you a sheeple.

By the way, it was a nano-thermite covered cruise missle with a holographic image of a plane cast over it that caused 911.... Hahahahahahahahahaha!

ACTUALLY. You're just a SHEEPLE YOURSELF. Everybody knows it was a holographic UFO used as a disinfo flag to distract everyone from the HAARP lasers that ignited small nuclear BLASTS from inside the building. WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

HAHAHAHA

Both of you, that was funny!

Hey OP, if we ban the term sheeple can we also ban the term slave

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

OMG it took me forever to figure out what TPTB meant and i was too afraid to ask cause I didn't want to have my head bitten off like a praying mantis after mating!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

You have to look at it in the context of the message containing the reference. In a sense, all of us NOT of the ruling elite, are the "sheeple" are we not?

We're the herd of sheeple that allow them to live in their mansions, sail on their yachts, etc. while we deal with the harsh consequences of their greed, such as unemployment, social hardship, etc.

I mean sure though, we're all somewhat mostly responsible for our own success, but the engineered system in place certainly favors those already in the money. (and has for many centuries, it just gets refined over time).

Alright alright lets even this out for a second here. So basically, anyone who is a sheeple is someone who is not part of the elite? What elite? The Illuminati? The phantom '1%'? I thought a sheeple was someone who wasn't aware of NWO and the real secrets so they go through life normally? I thought it was someone who hasn't found their own frequency to defeat the reptile mind control? That's what I mean, even in context it could apply to either side which one could argue is under a spell or not. What is the exact application here lets see:

Works a 9-5 job: Check
Isn't part of the elite: Check
Pays taxes to big government: Check
Doesn't believe in the NWO: Check

Am I a sheeple? I am fully aware of the various different perceptions one can have over the government or a supposed ruling society, I entertain the thoughts but I do not accept them, nor do I accept that our current accepted mainstream perception of power is good either. Am I stil a sheeple? It's just a mudsling word, something you can chuck at someone to make yourself feel like you are enlightened and they are average. I feel like everyone on ATS is a very aware, astute, and curious person. Calling anyone a sheeple here doesn't make any sense to me.

I think isntead of calling someone 'sheeple' you should stop for a moment, think, then figure out the context. If I disagree with the NWO or Alex Jones instead of calling me a 'sheeple' you should call me 'somebody who doesn't agree with Alex Jones' then give me evidence which you believe gives him credence and why I should take him more seriously. Mudslinging different titles does not help anyone ya know? I just wish something could be done about it because if that word were replaced with actual fact and logic then debate here would make much more sense and be far more interesting.

"....and so it begins" HAHAHA I just read that post today. It's funny because I see that all the time...and so it begins...the mass invasion of the NWO that we swear has been going on...we swear haha
edit on 7-10-2011 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join