It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far have we gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Not very far.

Where are the new technological breakthrough's? In 100 years, we have actually accomplished very little.

"But we have computers, cars, airplanes what are you talking about?"

Everything we have today is a more advanced version of stuff invented in the early 1900's(some in the late 1800's).

Cars, Computers, Airplanes even televisions all date back to the early 1900's. The first designs where made a LONG time ago.

Did you know that the first car was made in the 1300's?
www.ausbcomp.com...

"Several Italians recorded designs for wind driven vehicles. The first was Guido da Vigevano in 1335. It was a windmill type drive to gears and thus to wheels. Vaturio designed a similar vehicle which was also never built. Later Leonardo da Vinci designed a clockwork driven tricycle with tiller steering and a differential mechanism between the rear wheels."

Airplane design's have been around for ages, the first recorded flight occurring in 1907.
en.wikipedia.org...
"the world's first successful airplane and making the first controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air human flight, on December 17, 1903."

What about space exploration?
Our space exploration is actually very primitive... we are using "advanced" rockets.
en.wikipedia.org...
"Rockets for military and recreational uses date back to at least 13th century China"

We took a weapon created in the 13th century, pointed it up, and put a person in it. Not so advanced, now is it?.....

The question i have for everyone:

Where are the flying cars? Where are the plasma rifles? Limitless energy? Humans on other planets?

There is something missing in the human tech tree. Where did it go? Was Tesla onto something?
Why are we still so primitive after all these years?

Did you notice that as we understand science, particularly physics, we realize how little we actually know?

Our technology is spiraling downhill. We are in a state of limbo.

Our breakthrough's in science are powered by money(possessions). Possessions are evil, they do not progress us. Possessions merely propagate a cycle of never-ending wars and destruction.

Now is the time for humanity to choose. We are at a crossroads.

We can continue our path of destruction, leading to our enivitable demise.

Or we can turn the other way, unite, prosper, and conquer the cosmos.

This message needs to be said to all. Please show it to as many people as you can. I do not care about popularity or fame, i am not writing this because i want any of that. I want us as a society to understand what we must to. Eventually our planet earth will become uninhabitable. Will it be 2012? 2050? 2100? It doesn't matter, at this rate we will never see past 2050. We are spending lives running around fighting for oil and bits of land. This is a meaningless struggle that has no place in the world. Stop watching your soap opera's, turn off the Xbox, hell even put down your book.. take a look around and ask yourself... is this all we can be?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
what about the question, "should i be any of this at all?"

why should flying cars ever exist? why should anything from the future human beings dreamed up in books and movies ever exist? why should "the force" exist? why should klingons, and zombies, and santa claus exist?

what if "the future" is in a completely different direction?

what if cars and factories and WMD and "modern society" are not simply "not advanced enough", not broken.. what if they can NEVER WORK and where NEVER MEANT TO...

think about what brought us here? was any of this mess planned out? did any of this have a clear purpose? or was it just something that happened after something else happened for as far back as can be remembered?

i think "the future" will only begin when the human race finally takes a step back and realizes the truth, and finally stops FINALLY STOPS living in this endless fantasy and delusion that "everything will be ok".

we will not just simply "adjust" to higher levels of radiation, poisoned water, poisoned air, poisoned food. we will not evolve magically into a higher being because we avoided processed foods by going to the correct grocery store and only ate the fruit and veggies with the organic stickers on them.

the human race are infants.
edit on 6-10-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

They are hiding the technology from us. There is tons of information on this if you just do a search. Where are the flying cars? Well how about flying segways, the army has them(I saw this years ago and I am sure they have improved greatly on the design)... www.youtube.com... And this is one of the things they are showing us. They are far advanced. They are planning a deception and they need to keep it hidden so when you see it you will be decieved.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim

why should flying cars ever exist? why should anything from the future human beings dreamed up in books and movies ever exist? why should "the force" exist? why should klingons, and zombies, and santa claus exist?

Flying cars are real. We have the capability.
Traveling to other planets is a very real possibility.
Plasma rifle blue-prints exist.

Zombies, klingons and santa claus are fictional.

It doesn't stop at Flying cars... we are just starting to teleport particles.

How are we capable of teleporting particles yet we can't even establish a base on mars?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

How are we capable of teleporting particles yet we can't even establish a base on mars?

yes, and i hear the kill-o-tron 5000 is up and running and only needs the blood of 10 baby elephants a day to maintain 60% efficiency in mass death.

i think you miss my point.

what if you were never meant to live on another planet? what if your whole life was a lie and a dream? what if you need to wake up before everyone dies?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Flying cars would be impratical as it would conflict with current air traffic and in any case 'driving' flying cars is alot more difficult then it sounds. I would not want to see plasma rifles because you just know some rouge regime will be 'sold' these and we will witness more death and destruction in global conflicts. Technological advancements require through testing before release. Be happy with plasma televisons and not guns.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Umm.... You want a light sabre? What is your old Dodge to old and crappy to destroy the Death Star? Get a degree and start advancing science instead of whinging.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
When mankind understand that the job of the observer is now over. He needs to now accept the fact that we are spiritual being compose of light and sound. The only way is to mix the spiritual with the technology we have and we will find the key. Other wise we will stay at this stop light.

2011? 2012? 2050? who knows... But for certain, I do believe in this new age crap (dawn of the new age) that is suppose to start in 2012. We are even suppose to make first contact. The last time was 13 000 years ago. Oh well.

Understand that nothing is a coincidence. Understand that everything happens for a reason and only because of you. Not others, or because of this , this and that, but because of you. You attract things the way you think and feel. You don't notice it really today cause we are focused on the material instead of trying to feel what our bodies/feeling tells us. We don't trust in ourselves no more. We need a second opinion cause we are "scared" of what others might think or do we if do it our way.

Also we always want to win. We cannot accept the fact to loose, cause if we loose, oh my god what my mother will say, what my friends will say. But the fact is: You cannot win what you cannot lose (duality, the ying and yang).

People does not accept the fact they are 2 entity. The left brain and the right brain. People forget the right and focus on the left (logical), but to be a balanced and healthy being, you need the 2. 50/50, the yin and yang. I believe people, though, are starting to accept this fact. I believe people are awakening. When everybody on this earth accept the fact, oh yes! I made a mistake, I am sorry and I will work toward to not to do it again, there will be no war on earth. Can you help me improve myself? Of course!

Imagine the above situation world wide between governments? You believe it is not possible? Well let me tell you something right now: If you believe it is not possible or have a thought about "it's not possible", then it will never be possible. If you have positive thoughts and belief all the time, your life will be great! Our lives would be great.

Do you really think those war out there are cause of one man really? or one government? Or all of us? I believe it is because of US that war and terrors are happening on earth. We are the ONE who makes this happen and accept the fact that this is happening. We are scared! we fear the unknown, we fear the light... We are so scared of dying it is incredible. WE are so scared of what other people might think! Come on all, let's wake up all together and play a role in this world. Why are you the TV watcher? wouldn't you want to be the actor? As for me, it is my movie (my life), i would like to be part of it, not just watch it. What do you think?

All those conspiracies about life, past, present and future.... Deeply really, you don't really know. You are just assuming because of what you watch, read, heard etc... Why don't you make your own choices! You believe you make your own choices? lol Tell me what choices you make in this life that is coming from you and not some influences you saw, heard, smell, touched or tasted?

Focus on your inner self (right brain) and mix it with your logical (left brain) and you will have the key.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
good post S+F

i always remember growing up that in movies and cartoons & pretty much anything that by the year 2000 we would have flying cars and other gizmo's that were "cool" so far since the year 2000 its only the last few years "smart phones" have become popular, so has cheesy 3D movies which to me doesn't make much of a difference (maybe im blind lol), wheres the holographic no glasses 3d we all remember in back to the future 2 with jaws coming right out at you (yes i know its a movie, but that tech does exist) by this time 2011 in most peoples minds we should have occupied other planets or at least the moon or mars! so why haven't we? I believe because if we have technology too advanced it might make some people higher up upset because technology is control and we are better off being spoon fed so we don't overdose, technology seems smart, but we become to reliant on it and in the process it is dumbing us down because our brains aren't working due to them being replaced by silicon computer chips.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"""Why are we still so primitive after all these years?"""

You are a tool. To support the military industrial complex, medical mafia, politicians, bankers.

They all use you to make money off of in this world. If you had a flying car only needing salt water for fuel, they would have no means to generate revenue off of you.

They poison you so you need their medicine. They use you as a guinea pig. Your own military has used you to spray the chemical/biological....crippling and killing making you dependend on a Socialized system they need to generate revenue to function.

A few decades ago it was chemicals that were being sprayed around...which ended up poisoning us and destroying our DNA as some men made Billions doing it. The thing they are using now is the Electromagnetic spectrrum and they are steering storms, destroying crops in other countries...and even making other populations ill/dead by transmitting energy to that city...country.

The new pollution/thing they are using....they are profiting by moving money in companies/stock/countries because now they can play God and decide which countries will be successful/fail.

They are making money off of death and suffering. Humanity now has no morals/value in human life.

We are now playing God.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Or it could also be that we haven't advanced that far yet. Ever seen a helicopter? Sh*t they look like flying cars. Just because you have to do some work and pay some money to get a helicopter pilots license you completely disregard that form of transport because its too hard. How bout areoplanes. They fly, hold passengers and cargo and can go any where. Then there's blimps, balloons and any number of things.
Do you think you should be able to walk into a Toyota Dealership and buy a flying car? With no training? Please.......... Grow up.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

yes, and i hear the kill-o-tron 5000 is up and running and only needs the blood of 10 baby elephants a day to maintain 60% efficiency in mass death.

i think you miss my point.

what if you were never meant to live on another planet? what if your whole life was a lie and a dream? what if you need to wake up before everyone dies?

well this is off topic, but ill play along:

If this is a dream and a lie, why do i care if everyone dies? Or are you referring to the people who are waiting for me to wake up?

What's stopping me from waking up?

Are you a figment of my imagination?

If you are from the outside how did you get into my dream?!?!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Meds bra, and not the red or the blue. Leave those for us conspricy thoerists. Please try to stay in the realms of reality. Strict single minded posts. Make multiple posts if you need to.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamuelCrow
Meds bra, and not the red or the blue. Leave those for us conspricy thoerists. Please try to stay in the realms of reality. Strict single minded posts. Make multiple posts if you need to.

Who are you talking to?

new topics

top topics

join