It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well folks, looks like Occupy Wall Street is really gaining some traction. With thousands upon thousands of protesters in New York already, it seems the ever growing numbers could just be the beginning.

Occupy (city) protests are popping up nationwide now, and it looks like this is going to snowball on and on.

In Canada, an anti-Wall Street rally is planned for later this month in Toronto.

Canada too, eh?

This is going to be big folks. And so it begins.

MSN

edit: Thanks to morder1, this is in 793 cities now folks.
Here is a link to the Current Live Streams
(thanks morder1)

And now look at this.. The Occupy Wall Street Post.
(thanks to kdog1982)

Getting big..
edit on 00/00/0000 by ka119 because: thanks all

edit on 00/00/0000 by ka119 because: (no reason given)

edit on 00/00/0000 by ka119 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This has been happening for 19 days or 20 days now...

Up over 400 cities this month, all over the world

EDIT - Im sorry, 793 cities now ...

Link
edit on 6-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yeah Toronto is starting on the 15th, I think they are organizing before everyone runs in the streets, there need to be clarity and uniformity or it will look like a bunch of fools. Mind you the cops will just roll out a cop car and high tail it so they can burn it and have an excuse to arrest 1000 people.

g20 2010
edit on 6-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If it reach Toronto .. Montreal might be next

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
This has been happening for 19 days or 20 days now...

Up over 400 cities this month, all over the world

EDIT - Im sorry, 797 cities now ...

Link
edit on 6-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

I wasn't aware of the magnitude of all this, it really looks to be panning out.
Usually we see protests dying out within days, weeks and occasional a month + if its something huge.

Well, with this sprouting in 797 cities, all I can say is lets kick back and enjoy the ensuing months folks.

if you dont mind, Id like to post your info in the original post (with credit to you of course)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Sure thing!

Heres also a LINK you might find useful... Full list of all the current live streams happening in the cities... personally ive been glued to the NYC Livestream for the past 2 weeks

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
All you need to know.They have their own newspaper now.

paper.li...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
If it reach Toronto .. Montreal might be next

I read your post with a quebec accent and it made complete sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thanks morder1 and kdog1982,
updated the post with your given links.

changes, changes, changes.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

here is what will be accomplished..absolutely nothing.There is nothing they can do by "protesting" The powers that be are laughing their asses off because they know if you so much as raise your voice to someone in power the legal ramifications will ruin you so called life..trust me it happens everyday.first they'll take your gun rights away..very easy to do.then they'll get you involved in our lovely justice system and you will spend the rest of your life just keeping your head down working (if you can find a good job after the background check)so much to pay your fines not to mention all the anger management classes you will also be going to every week to meet the court demands.Trust me they have castrated every man in this country and it's been Internationale.peaceful protests are a waste of time.and before all you say "what would you do then" it doesn't matter.there is no peaceful solution.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I dont think its up int othe 700's yet.
occupytogether.org

But it is growing rapidly, in canada alone there is OccupNS, NB, PEI, NFLD, Toronto, Montreal (i think) Winnipeg, Vancouver plus various other communities too.

Halifax is rolling along nicely
, I'm media. Haha. When im not working.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
reply to post by ka119

here is what will be accomplished..absolutely nothing.There is nothing they can do by "protesting" The powers that be are laughing their asses off because they know if you so much as raise your voice to someone in power the legal ramifications will ruin you so called life..trust me it happens everyday.first they'll take your gun rights away..very easy to do.then they'll get you involved in our lovely justice system and you will spend the rest of your life just keeping your head down working (if you can find a good job after the background check)so much to pay your fines not to mention all the anger management classes you will also be going to every week to meet the court demands.Trust me they have castrated every man in this country and it's been Internationale.peaceful protests are a waste of time.and before all you say "what would you do then" it doesn't matter.there is no peaceful solution.

The main point is,they don't care what tptb will do to them.They are fed up.
Solidarity for all for those affected by what has ultimately has become the downfall of America.
Corporate greed and the politicians being controlled by lobbyists for there own self-interests and greed.
And ,you are wrong.
Now,the democrats and the president will use this uprising against the republicans to further their cause,when in fact,they are all at fault.
The politicians cater to the banks and big corporations.
They sleep in the same bed together.
I posted this somewhere on here.I will do it again.
One of our founding fathers,with great forethought into the future of their great experiment called "The United States Of America" said this.................

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Thomas Jefferson

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I dont think its up int othe 700's yet.
occupytogether.org

But it is growing rapidly, in canada alone there is OccupNS, NB, PEI, NFLD, Toronto, Montreal (i think) Winnipeg, Vancouver plus various other communities too.

Halifax is rolling along nicely
, I'm media. Haha. When im not working.

Up to 878 around the world.

878 Occupy Together communities

www.meetup.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

It has to start somewhere.
Nothing just pops into existence, somewhere, sometime, someone had to start this.
So it shall grow and take us where it please, it was only a matter of time before people saw through the powers.
Lets do what we can to help, its time for a change.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I got some other qoutes for ya.

Thomas Jefferson: 1816 “If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

BANKER: Mayer Amschel Rothschild 1828 “Allow me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who writes the laws.”

George Herbert Walker Bush: September 11, 1990: “Out of these troubled times, our objective—a new world order—can emerge. Today, that new world is struggling to be born, a world quite different from the one we have known.”

Take a look at your dollar bill for the words "nuvus ordo seclorum" and guess what they mean.

We are screwed and weve been so for a long long time. Like this "uprise" was not taken into consideration when everything we have witnessed for decades was more or less planned.. come on.

We are too late, dont shoot the messenger. 20 years ago, well maybe something could actually have been done but today...

The signs have been there all the time, do some research and you will see just deep up this mess we actually are.

edit on 6-10-2011 by darksky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by darksky

I got another qoute for ya.

George Herbert Walker Bush: September 11, 1990: “Out of these troubled times, our objective—a new world order—can emerge. Today, that new world is struggling to be born, a world quite different from the one we have known.”

Take a look at your dollar bill for the words "nuvus ordo seclorum" and guess what they mean.

We are screwed and weve been so for a long long time. Like this "uprise" was not taken into consideration when everything we have witnessed for decades was more or less planned.. come on.

We are too late, dont shoot the messenger. 20 years ago, well maybe something could actually have been done but today...

The signs have been there all the time, do some research and you will see just deep up this mess we actually are.

Oh,I know.I wish that you would enlighten us more.
Thank you for that.
Hip waders went out long ago,and the scuba gear is needed now.
It was realized long ago,but yet was allowed to continue.Greed took over.

I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country. Thomas Jefferson

www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Id say that still isnt enough when we have people protesting things they dont even know about. How many of those thousands of people in the streets would you say actually know what they are doing and why they are doing it?

And how long would you dare to guess before it all turns voilent when nothing happens and the frustration starts to grow?

Id say the trouble were in is about to get alot worse and we are doing nothing but inviting it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by darksky

Id say that still isnt enough when we have people protesting things they dont even know about. How many of those thousands of people in the streets would you say actually know what they are doing and why they are doing it?

And how long would you dare to guess before it all turns voilent when nothing happens and the frustration starts to grow?

Id say the trouble were in is about to get alot worse and we are doing nothing but inviting it.

In this evolving process,there is a education process going on.
They are creating groups for teaching the people on economics and how the government works.
And there are plenty of educated people involved.They are sharing their knowledge.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ultimately,if there is anyone not behind this movement,thinks that it's a bunch of hippies and college students with no goal other then to create a nuisance for no reason,research it if you are not lazy enough too.

I will provide some links and check out for the night.

nycga.cc...

www.facebook.com...

www.larouchepac.com...

wearethe99percent.tumblr.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Sure, I can agree that there is an education process going on and that is a good thing.

But, while that is a good thing, Id say we are doing everything backwards as we instead of gaining knowledge, identifying the symptoms of the problems, identifying the reason for the symptoms and THEN reacting now have turned this into getting fed up with the symptoms, and reacting to them without really knowing whats behind them.

So to look at the upside of that, sure, some are going through enlightement (those open to it) but the majority are still out there for the wrong reasons.

This combined with people having a tendency to get impatient just feels like asking for trouble.
edit on 7-10-2011 by darksky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join