It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPIC Foreign Policy Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here's a video that I just came across that gives a chilling analogy to our military presence overseas. I would paraphrase the video to give people who don't want to watch it an idea of what it's about, but it's too epic to pass up. Plus it's pretty condensed as it is.

Enjoy:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

We've given billions of dollars to Africa alone for starving babies. Why are they still starving? It's become pointless. Not mention that we have starving American babies. Perhaps it's time to feed them instead.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

We've given billions of dollars to Africa alone for starving babies. Why are they still starving? It's become pointless. Not mention that we have starving American babies. Perhaps it's time to feed them instead.
Whoah dude I don't know about that. I'm all for feeding starving/dehydrating people around the world, in fact I would encourage that a substantial chunk of taxpayer money goes towards that. What I'm against is spending billions of dollars each week fighting wars.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

We have run out of bags of cash to give to other countries. We. Are. In. Debt. We have ZERO money. We don't even have money enough to feed our own citizens. It is time to devote resources to our own children. To our own starving families. It's a horrible decision to make, but it's necessary.

Of course we need to stop the $800 billion wars. But we also have to consider that in our own dire straits of being completely broke, and past broke, that we need to reconsider the aid we give to foreign nations for any reason. I'm not afraid to say that we need to start seeing a return on investment.

/TOA
edit on 6-10-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I gotta disagree. I understand we're in an incredbile amount of debt, but feeding starving people around the globe is one of the few places I would want to cut spending. The military would be at the top of my list, but giving some cheap food to people that are starving to death wouldn't even be considered.

I don't know....maybe putting any spending that's not absolutely necessary to fixing our problems just for a couple years until we're back in the green would be OK, but the idea of just bailing on starving people like that just sounds too harsh to me.
edit on 6-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I gotta disagree. I understand we're in an incredbile amount of debt, but feeding starving people around the globe is one of the few places I would want to cut spending. The military would be at the top of my list, but giving some cheap food to people that are starving to death wouldn't even be considered.

I don't know....maybe putting any spending that's not absolutely necessary to fixing our problems just for a couple years until we're back in the green would be OK, but the idea of just bailing on starving people like that just sounds too harsh to me.

A parallel: A mother feeds the neighbor's children while her own children are neglected. That's what America does. Feed our own, and then see if there is anything left over to give to others.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Good analogy, it's hard to argue against that. But it's really disheartening that while we're talking about cutting that funding because we're running out of money to pay our Cable TV bills or buy some gas, there are people who have never even driven in a car or seen an air conditioner because they've been incredibly poor their whole lives, living in the same crap village. The world is a depressing place I guess.

What else do you think we should cut spending on?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Excellent find. Thanks for bringing it here. Simple enough, right? What if someone did to US the same America has been doiing to the world for, How Long?! We still don't get it. Maybe when the world unites against the US of A the way the Allies did against Germany in WWII and actually blow up something... oh wait, they already did.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This video is another kinetic typography of "Imagine" a speech by Ron Paul.
Why they had someone else read it and remade it and relabelled it is beyond me.. the old one was just fine

Edit: i watched the rest of it, and it's actually a nice upgrade.. Still like the original though. Ron Paul 2012!
edit on 10/6/2011 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Good analogy, it's hard to argue against that. But it's really disheartening that while we're talking about cutting that funding because we're running out of money to pay our Cable TV bills or buy some gas, there are people who have never even driven in a car or seen an air conditioner because they've been incredibly poor their whole lives, living in the same crap village. The world is a depressing place I guess.

What else do you think we should cut spending on?

War and foreign aid is a good start. That's about $500 billion a year (cutting just our wars doesn't cut the defense budget to zero). With that $500 billion, we could feed a couple of Americans I would think.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

How does the money we spend on wars compare to the money we dish out in foreign aid? I can't see the two amounts being even remotely close to each other.

join