It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are evil spirits or demons rarely deadly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ok, this is assuming you believe in some sort of evil spirit or demons to begin with, which I do to a certain extent.

My beliefs have run the gamut of believing they were all very religious oriented to the possibility of alien influence and a myriad of others I won't get into now but you get the idea.

I know there are many stories that prove they ARE deadly so no need to hold them up, I'm aware. But overall it seems most of the stories out there portray these "spirits" as enjoying tormenting people but rarely does it turn deadly or am I just a victim of Hollywood and things are different?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I guess if you DO believe in them you believe they are - for the most part - in some type of otherwordly realm between life and death and have "unfinished business" which sounds pretty hokey to me.

I think the idea is that they're restless souls unable to really interact with us

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think this can be explained simply as "they are as deadly as YOU make them"

we are the ones with the power, not the spirit/demon/entity. Cultivating love in any given situation (daily life or in any spiritual interaction) is having an ace up your sleeve.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Mostly I agree with el1jah. We take into mindset what we will. Weather it be from our youth, experience or told stories. Some folks are ardent believers in the paranormal. Some are not.

For those of us that have experienced it......it is unsettling. I have. However, I do think there is not enough concrete evidence to prove anything. No matter how unsettling.

Kinda like UFO's. Until I see the inside of a UFO with it's occupants communicating with a human...I won't believe it.

But again, I have felt some bizarre instances in my life. Can not explain them.

Don't think I'm against you. Just sharing.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I never advocate communing with them because you don't really know what's on the other end.

That being said, I think the vast majority of whatever it is powerless and useless.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

It does seem this is true fairly often. I know many Christians and especially Catholics will say that Satan and other "demons" are incredibly powerful and that only Jesus and using his name through the bible is powerful enough to overcome their presence, but that just never sat well with me.

If you've ever been in the presence of something like this, you need little convincing that it's real, but exactly WHAT they are and what has power over them is intriguing.

It's been said that if it can be proven that evil exists, then it would also prove that God exists, I don't know if that logic works for me but when it's actually happening, I promise you most find a little religion.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
depends on what you mean by deadly,their aim is to drive you insane alienate you from all you love ,like a predator cuts it's prey out of a herd isolate you and feed off of your misery. Living death is their goal sounds deadly to me

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

From what I've read, there are a few different angles/theories. One says they aren't physical, so can't physically harm us, but can make us harm ourselves. But there are different levels, they can frighten, or go deeper and opress us, or go even deeper and possess us, and that can be pretty harmful and even fatal in its results. The more you obsess and dwell on them, the stronger a hold they get on you. Ryan Buell has a good explanation in his book, "Paranormal State". I personally don't like to think about it beyond that explanation for that very reason. I'm no expert, that's just what I have read.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I dont know what to say about religions, I did grow up in a church, and I did use the name of Jesus in sticky situations in my youth, but I think the actual mechanism of power is beyond the words, the power of belief and faith really forms the outcome, not the sounds.

I also know that when I was in a religious point of my life, I was also very afraid, and I think this fear is supported by many churches, you think the battlefield is somehow outside of you, that there are demons and angels and you are sort of in the middle of it hoping to stay on the good side and say the right thing otherwise be victim to some torment or even worse demonic posession. Its not a very empowered position to be in. The spiritual battle is inside, you are the magnet of different energies, some that appear to hold personalities, we call them demons or angels, others that influence you without a face, things like greed and selfishness.

This doesnt mean that there are not myriads of personalities worshipped and feared in the universe, the gods/devas or animal spirts and guides.... it is infinite, the point is that in their center, like our center, is something beyond the ego and seperation, we are the same, and thus there is no death, nothing to fear.

just my 2cents I could be completely wrong lol but with my wrongness I have found peace in a life that was at one point really spiritually grim.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

It's been said that if it can be proven that evil exists, then it would also prove that God exists, I don't know if that logic works for me but when it's actually happening, I promise you most find a little religion.

I guess that would be true of Satan, but I'm an athiest. My belief is that there are evil entities and good entities I have no idea what their origin is, or of their place in religion. If pressed I'd lean towards pan dimensional beings of different kinds from varied dimensions. Aliens too for that matter.

And yes, when it happened to me I DID find a little religion! I was much younger then.

edit on 7/10/11 by Insomniac because: added some text.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I think it will depend on where the place is. But in general, deadly spirit or demon, whatever people named it very rarerly to find a deadly one. In here, since long ago, people with some ability "kill" or "lock" deadly one that threaten human life. What i mean deadly is things that can kill human fast enough directly without any media.
With more human occupy more land, these things start to move away from human crowded civilization. Stay in quiet place far away from civilization. The rest just have to adapted to live with human in many way.There are laws in this world too, basically not make them as free as some people think, they are more scared to human than human to them in general, unless things that lived in lawless area and never met "dangerous" human.

Powerfull spirits or demons or kind of this things usually more wise and calculating everything when they have to deal with human.They will tracked down the target's family or friends or someone he/she knew, including powefull human who lived within it territory before it start doing something. It must calculating surrounding area of it territory to keep it safe.
The very powerfull one usually free to go anywhere, no need to skip some places when traveling, but rarely harmfull without strong reason. These reasons making deadly things like this become more rare.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm open to the idea of both evil spirits and demons.
I think nasty spirits from dead nasty humans are even more dangerous than demons (who are usually a bit robotic, predictable, and operate according to set laws of invitation and exorcism).

The fact is I think most of us have natural defenses against such entities, like religious practices or guardian spirits and angels.

But I think in some situations people can become so weakened by stress, violence, addiction and depression that they can kill.
Whatever draws physical negativity will also draw spiritual negativity.
I've just read a book that mentions some very violent hauntings in inner cities in the US, although no film crew or ghost squad will ever go there.
Places where violent people die on drugs, and they still think they're tripping.
So when people die from suicides, sudden violent outbursts or drug stupors, there can be a spiritual angle to that.
But you're not exactly going to read on the mortician's report: death by evil spirit!

Of course people aren't prone because they're poor, and it can happen anywhere.
But evil spirits can compound any existing problem, and left untreated they can kill people.
But they're not going to leave a business card.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
Ok, this is assuming you believe in some sort of evil spirit or demons to begin with, which I do to a certain extent.

My beliefs have run the gamut of believing they were all very religious oriented to the possibility of alien influence and a myriad of others I won't get into now but you get the idea.

I know there are many stories that prove they ARE deadly so no need to hold them up, I'm aware. But overall it seems most of the stories out there portray these "spirits" as enjoying tormenting people but rarely does it turn deadly or am I just a victim of Hollywood and things are different?

Can you torment a dead person? If they like tormenting the living so much why kill them?
2nd
edit on 7-10-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Found some of this interesting, previous ATS thread dealing with Exorcisms
A Guide to Exorcisms

edit on 7-10-2011 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

nice find i've never read that thread before, I skimmed through it and this stood out to me.

How Do You Get Rid Of Evil Spirits? As mentioned, evil spirits are simply disembodied, lost human spirits - people who are emotionally hurting deep inside. The best way to get rid of them is to help them. All people need to know they are forgiven and loved; that they have value and can soar to great heights during their journey through life. Life never ends, so ghosts need to understand that their family, friends and other loved ones await them in Spirit, and that they will be forgiven. There is no eternal punishment, Hell. In short, replace fear with love, and the soul of any person can be restored from darkness to light.

angelsghosts.com...

Recently I had gone with my girlfriend to a week long retreat in Halifax by the Shambhala Community, the subject of the retreat was building/creating an enlightened society. When the teacher went on to explaining the suggested social action I half expected my cup of tea- resisting consumerism, supporting local companies only, vegetarianism and all that good hippie stuff. What he said was rather surprising, he told us (dont quote me lol he said a lot) people just want to be heard, to be loved, and if we all just slowed down and actually loved one another, and listened, creating bonds and brotherhood, the system would heal itself. I know its off the subject of spirits and demons, but the attitude seems very simillar, inside all sentient beings is a root, a basic core of goodness, and if we access that in ourselves, we draw that out of others (in this case even 'demons'), rather than escalating the differences.
edit on 7-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Some say Love is the most powerful force in the universe. I guess it's the epitome of positive energy in a way, so I understand where he's going with that. There are just so many examples of ying and yang when it comes to this stuff, it seems impossible to nail down definitively. Maybe that's by design too, and goes back to "It's different for everybody".

One of the bigger sticking points for me with all of this is the "Rules" theory. I'd love to know the real reason why these seemingly all powerful forces are harnessed, which it's clear they are many times.

To me it's like an ant that's about to be stepped on flinging the person a hundred feet away with a tiny version of "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" and makes about as much sense.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Parasitic lowers feeding on your emotuional output frequency. WHEN YOUR SAD-MAD-DYIG THEY FEED. WHEN IN REVERSE HAPPY - LOVING - GLAD THEY STARVE.

Intrapp souls in a 3dimensional body for howeverlong they feed them when sad. rinse previous cycle of life and give them new bodies 3d they dont need and make the new bodies last for 100,000 years or more THEN THEY CAN FEED FOR LONGER PERIODS OFF THE EMOTIONS O NEGATIVE GENERATED...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
IS THE CURRENT MAIN OUTPUT FREQUENCY/VIBRATION OF EARTH RUNNING ON HAPPY OR NON GATHER HOW MUCH ENERGY THAT IS AND WHY PEACE IS NOT THE PLAN FOR ???? DOOM FEEDS THEM
FEAR ALSO
So family embedd 2012/war/invasion/financial strain into minds = feast or fear saddness gloom doom lower d

edit on 10/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Spirits....live within people...some of their names are: anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, fornication, homosexuality, alcohol, drugs, lying, cheating, stealing, killing, destroying...the list goes on and on. And, their main purpose, is to keep you AWAY from God (universal word for Jehovah); to keep you away from your PURPOSE (the reason for your existance); and to keep you from your INHERITANCE (prosperity, sound mind, good health, etc). They are usually TRANSFERRED from person to person...and can NOT live in this realm.....without a body!!!! Spirits need BODIES to do their work, here on earth. Why do you think this world is becoming DARKER and DARKER? It's because these 'evil spirits' are CONTROLLING those making the rules!

Denzel Washington - Fallen

Some people could benefit GREATLY, if they took the time to BLOW THE DUST of their B.I.B.L.E. and actually LEARNED something...other than doom and gloom. Believe it or not....it has ALL of life's answers; once you get past your religious minds!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Great Movie. Fallen.

I think it's great some people find answers in the Bible, especially admire the line about "religious minds", sort of like not being able to see the forest for the trees. I don't find many answers in it myself any longer, maybe it time I'll find my way back, but I doubt it, but you never know. It wasn't a nasty divorce, we just grew in different directions. Of course the vast majority of "teachers" were either the doom and gloom types or took things far too literally. I was truly looking for answers and I was just left feeling very unfulfilled and also don't trust the translations completely either. But I'm glad it exists and I had the opportunity to read it and try.

top topics

join