It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Interview With Wolf Blitzer 10/06

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Here's a new interview with Ron Paul on CNN that aired today.

They start out talking about taxes and how the majory of American support higher taxes on millionaires/billionaires.

Next, Blitzer asks him about what he thinks of the Wall Street protesters. Notice the subtle propaganda at the bottom? Right when they start talking about the protesters, the ticker says "Angry Liberals".
But as any protester will tell you, it's people of all ages, all political affiliations, and all ethnicities that have come together, not just some pissed off liberals. The corporate media propaganda is in full swing with these protests. But I digress....

After that, the wolf brings up a Herman Cain quote about the Wall Street protests. In it, the ex-Federal Reserve chairman says that he believes the demonstrations are a planned, orchestrated attempt to distract from the failures of the Obama Administration, and that we shouldn't blame Wall Street or the big banks, but instead ourselves.

There's another frusturating thing seen in the ticker, this one pointed out to me by a YouTube comment. After showing that Herman Cain quote, they quote Ron Paul as saying what he was in reality paraphrasing from Herman Cain's statement. He specifically says he doesn't think that, but they quote it as if he said it.

Blitzer then asks Ron Paul if he would support Rick Perry and Mitt Romney if they got the Republican nomination. I guess he really wants to squeeze and answer out of him, (probably so they can air that quote for the next few days and blow it out of proportion
) so he asks him who he likes best between the two.

Wolf follows that up by asking if he would consider running as a 3rd party candidate if he didn't get the Republican nomination, but unfortunately he says he doesn't plan to do that....

Next, he plays a quote where Newt Gingrich strongly disagrees with Paul's stance on the Awlaki killing. Newt says that he was wrong about the Constitution, and my jaw just about hit the floor. The beginning of Paul's response:

"I'd ask him to read the 5th Amendment, it's pretty clear that you can't take a life without due process of law, especially of an American citizen."

Blitzer asks Paul what he thinks of the argument that Awlaki was an enemy combatant, then asks if he supports requests for Obama's impeachment for this decision.
edit on 6-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I am wondering if we should limit the profits of corporations that accept government contracts. Why should anyone get rich from government contracts? Some profit is fine, but should government contracts lead to riches?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Great clip, S & F..

Not to soften the whole clip, but the last four minutes are BOMBSHELL!!

I ran with another thread, (AboveTopSecret.com...) which has a video that must have been right before or after this clip (same background), where he clearly addresses and "murders" the question about the assassination of Anwar Awlaki ... People are so fine with turning a blind eye, and the fact that they call Ron Paul a "terrorist supporter" is the sorriest and most ignorant batch of ATS members I could have ever imagined..

Using your brain to think LOGICALLY is AWESOME!!!

edit on 6-10-2011 by rstregooski because: beer

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I ran with another thread, (AboveTopSecret.com...) which has a video that must have been right before or after this clip (same background),
Nah I see that background alot in Ron Paul interviews, it's probably somewhere in DC.

where he clearly addresses and "murders" the question about the assassination of Anwar Awlaki ... People are so fine with turning a blind eye, and the fact that they call Ron Paul a "terrorist supporter" is the sorriest and most ignorant batch of ATS members I could have ever imagined..
Dude I feel the same way, the brown scare fueled heavily by the corporate media has people foaming at the mouth when somebody even questions something that's justified by the war on terror. People are too quick to blindly support these wars, and they really need to take the time and listen to what the opposition of this killing have to say. Skimming the Constitution, or at least the Bill of Rights wouldn't hurt either.

top topics

join