It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden stopped Obama from granting clemency to Israeli spy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Here's something I found pretty interesting.

The President of the United States considered clemency for an American Navy analyst who spied on the US for Israel, but was stopped by his Vice President, Joe Biden, according to a report in The New York Times. The report claims that Barack Obama gave in to concerted pressure from the Israeli government and members of the pro-Israel lobby in the US, and proposed that Jonathan Pollard, who was jailed for life in 1986 for handing over classified US government documents to Israeli spies, be released.

But Joe Biden rejected Obama’s proposal, reportedly telling the President that “over my dead body are we going to let [Pollard] out before his time”. The information appears to have come from Joe Biden himself, who revealed it during a recent meeting with rabbis in Boca Raton, Florida. The Times reports that, “according to several people at the meeting”, Biden was asked by one of the rabbis why it was that Pollard remained in prison, despite a lengthy campaign in Israel to have him released, or transferred to an Israeli jail.

intelligencenews.wordpress.com...

www.nytimes.com...

Could he just be taking a punch for Obama? So to speak.

Seems to me the spy in question is a total traitor and a general snitch, and it just so happens he was snitching to Israel. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the Obama administration usually submit to Israeli pressure but I think this little play of events is interesting.
edit on 6-10-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I remember when this happened back in the day and the Navy was the opposite of happy.

Perhaps Biden has the insight that releasing Pollard would create unwanted animosity in the ranks?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The sentence he received was BS. This stinking traitor should have been put to death.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

That's a point, although perhaps it is more about not submitting to Israeli pressure, who knows, although it seems funny that Obama was keen to transfer him/let him out and that Biden blocked it, perhaps it needed to seem like he was willing to do business with israel although as you mentioned was aware it could create some tension in the ranks..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Biden is a certifiable moron and a pathological liar. He can't tell Obama to do anything and if he tried I'm pretty sure Obama would look at him in shock and say, "What did you just say to me, mothereffer?"

The Vice President has one duty only, to break ties in the Senate. Any other authority or responsibility beyond that has to be given to him by the President. I think Obama is a communist african manchurian candidate president but I don't think he's stupid. To give Biden any more authority beyond going to the bathroom alone would be stupid.

new topics

top topics

join